Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some more pics of the Elf King. Such a good figure! My only complaint is his hands keep popping off on me :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful pics!:clap Yeah, my hands come off a bit easily too, but not enough for me to do anything about it right now....

A great figure IMO (love my GOTG and Bard too:love). ASMUS does some AMAZING stuff. (So can I have Thorin now, sure WETA does amazing work too but the effect isn't the same re consistency of materials and besides you can pose/repose a 1/6 fig....:pray:)

Thranduil_Thorin.jpg

Seeing all these amazing pictures just makes the wait even harder! Keep 'em coming regardless guys! :lol

Allen ridge, your pictures finally made me want to futz mine.
At first, I found the shirt was way to shiny, so I sanded it a bit for a more subbtle effect.

Before:

IMG_7064.JPG

After:

IMG_7065.JPG

Then I applied some black paint on the armor to weather it. It's not "weathering" in fact, but it's closer to the look of the "real thing".

IMG_7068.JPG

And the most important for me: the narrow head. I know the sculpt is considered to be a success, but I was not happy with it. I think the face of Lee Pace has a more oval shape. I inserted two wooden parts (1mm each) at the sides of the head, and I dug a little hole inside the jaw to insert one more and make the face wider.

IMG_7072.JPG

IMG_7085.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

Now, I'm happy with it.
:)

IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7166.JPG

IMG_7167.JPG

Allen ridge, your pictures finally made me want to futz mine.
At first, I found the shirt was way to shiny, so I sanded it a bit for a more subbtle effect.

Before:

View attachment 346705

After:

View attachment 346706

Then I applied some black paint on the armor to weather it. It's not "weathering" in fact, but it's closer to the look of the "real thing".

View attachment 346707

And the most important for me: the narrow head. I know the sculpt is considered to be a success, but I was not happy with it. I think the face of Lee Pace has a more oval shape. I inserted two wooden parts (1mm each) at the sides of the head, and I dug a little hole inside the jaw to insert one more and make the face wider.

View attachment 346708

View attachment 346709

View attachment 346710

Now, I'm happy with it.
:)

View attachment 346711

View attachment 346712

View attachment 346713

Very cool! I like the wash on armor, it gives it more age!

The only futzing I've done is with the hair. I'm not brave enough to try anything else haha

I really hope entertainment earth gets their shipment before September....but if I have to wait until then that's fine. I just really hope they get them

Woah! Now THAT'S the figure I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Is there anyone here with a preorder from BBTS.
I have this figure on preorder,
I contacted asmus toys they said they shipped everything months ago.
So what happened to this shipment?
Is there any hope left?
I contacted BBTS and they said they haven't got the shipment!
Does anyone has any feedback please?

Back