Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm curious, the Thranduil that I just acquired in trade was bought through BBTS and shipped out through them already. If they only made 600 then why are some still on preorder? Did Asmus make separate batches of the figure? Like 300 and 300?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure has a nice sculpt but every time I see pics of it, I notice that there's not enough "hair". It looks patchy to me and thus, distracting.

This figure has a nice sculpt but every time I see pics of it, I notice that there's not enough "hair". It looks patchy to me and thus, distracting.

Well, it's OK if you futz (wash) see comments this vid review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFRO26Lp6Rg

(Keyboard Warriors - nice review)

I want a Thorin. I want a Thorin with rooted hair. Thick, wavy rooted hair. He's a dwarf (hairy) and arguably had the best hair of Middle Earth or at least the top 5.

There must be no plastic hair and no skimping, ASMUS! Maybe you could check out Kumik they make nice 1/6 wigs w. plenty of hair.

(Look, I'd pay extra, OK?:pray:)

So I'm curious, the Thranduil that I just acquired in trade was bought through BBTS and shipped out through them already. If they only made 600 then why are some still on preorder? Did Asmus make separate batches of the figure? Like 300 and 300?

They are sold out online. I have no idea why I haven't gotten mine.

I ordered mine in February and it's says it will ship 2nd quarter. We'll see.

They are sold out online. I have no idea why I haven't gotten mine.

I ordered mine in February and it's says it will ship 2nd quarter. We'll see.

Well, when I talked to Monkey Depot about a different PO, they said Asia/China is waiting to completely fill container ships up before shipping and they didn't used to do that. My Monkey Depot PO is finally on its way.

Got Thranduil from BBTS - but my PO was made early, last fall 2016 I think. Got him a while after other folks seemed to have gotten theirs directly (from ASMUS). If you have checked and your PO is still active - when I asked after my Thranduil in March they explained:

At this time we are still awaiting our shipment(s) to arrive. We along with many other online retailers are at the mercy of the suppliers and manufacturers when it comes to preorders, as they tend to provide very little information about exact arrival and/or ship dates. Often times we may not receive any updates on products until they are in transit to our facility. If an update is provided by the manufacturer that a product will be delayed, we do our best to send out notices in advance to keep our customers aware. If there is no update available, we will then change over the month or time frame of every existing preorder once the previous month or quarter has ended. We would love to have everything arrive on time as expected with firm release dates like movies and video games for example, but unfortunately in the world of toys it can seem anything but consistent!

I apologize that no further information is available today but hopefully our shipment(s) will be arriving soon. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and I will be happy to help. Have a great day!

PO'd him today online for $244 and free shipping.
Still more than than the original offering price but at this point but that's what I get for dragging my feet.

The Hobbit Thranduil 1:6 Scale Action Figure, Estimated Release Date is September 2017. (Entertainment Earth)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Yeah, I just got the email saying September too. Ah well! Guess we're waiting a bit longer.

I tried telling Thranduil I was just ugly but...
3f363047c236b5587d06b4b54ddcc115.png

Took some more pics of the Elf King. Such a good figure! My only complaint is his hands keep popping off on me :/

b83c4ef8baeba0ec642a5715792e8db9.jpg

96dd92e271384f6edbfca7a3672a66a5.jpg

2713de2d2e61ecf3cadcb9b01348b7c7.jpg

Hot water trick the gauntlets. Heat them up and then shove a thick pen in there while they are soft and then stick them in the freezer. This will give you a wider fit so that you can actually fit the hand partially and snugly inside of the gauntlet and it won't be pushed off anymore. I did that and haven't had issues since.

Hot water trick the gauntlets. Heat them up and then shove a thick pen in there while they are soft and then stick them in the freezer. This will give you a wider fit so that you can actually fit the hand partially and snugly inside of the gauntlet and it won't be pushed off anymore. I did that and haven't had issues since.

Great, thank you I'll try that!

No no no, that hot water trick doesn't work. You got a faulty one if the hand keeps popping off. I'll take this burden off your hands

This man is a gentlemen and a scholar. A true hero of the forum!

I would love to have a second to try to make him look like Elric of Melnibone. He's fair enough to be albino, and with some blazing red eyes . . . Add the witch king's sword with some inscribed runes.

Ah, well. I'm happy with my Thranduil regardless. Totally agree about the defective hands, just in case.

Back