Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bard and Tauriel are NOT selling...so it's probably Hobbit only at this point. Asmus REALLY needs to get Bilbo and Thorin done...and perhaps even AZOG. Those three would give The Hobbit some needed tentpoles.

Well, Bilbo and Thorin are must haves for me, and i am sitting 3 feet from my GtG and he is awesome. *%¢* SSC, have a PO in at BBTS for Thranduil. Just likeness, likeness, likeness re Bilbo and Thorin plz. And Legolas. Those 3 are candidates for getting multiples if the portraits are good, for me. Can't wait to have Thranduil.

Really on the fence if I should pick this up or not. I had absolutely every intention, but since Asmus doesn't seem to be able to produce consistently acceptable head sculpts, I don't know if this line is going to be worth breaking into.

Ugh.

Unfortunately,
Thranduil are sold well,
We will make only 700 pc .

Now we know why Sideshow abandoned The Hobbit.
Smart move...

No disrespect to those who collect the line but I know I had no interest in the line from the start. I wonder if we would have a couple more characters from LOTR if The Hobbit license was not pursued. Maybe Theoden, Eomer, Arwen?

Damn. That's not sounding good. I'm still hoping you guys will make Bilbo from the Hobbit as that would be a must have for me. Although at the end of the day the full fellowship is my priority. Last thing we want is another unfinished LOTR line...

Don't even say it!!!!

We know Boromir, Legolas and Gimli are all in some form of development so holpefully at least those get made. I for one am hoping the Lord of the Rings side does well enough to last for at least a few more years.

No disrespect to those who collect the line but I know I had no interest in the line from the start. I wonder if we would have a couple more characters from LOTR if The Hobbit license was not pursued. Maybe Theoden, Eomer, Arwen?

Well, that's the thing...for myself I wouldn't buy any of those (OK, maybe Theoden and Eomer) but even as loved as LOTR (and the Hobbit) may be, IMO 1:6 scale is probably a business for the love of it. Am sure HT has put out figs that sit out there for years. I know WETA has in the poly market. Even when ASMUS put out Aragorn, there was another Aragorn out there. There's no current movie like SW and Marvel to stoke interest. Also ASMUS POs are competing w. all the other POs folks have.:horror I waited on Bard and will probably miss MOS because of budget.:(

Plus when I first read "ASMUS was doing the Hobbit line" I had to look the company up vs. HT who has been around a while. Anyway if the promised? rumored? Thorin/Legolas/Bilbo don't show up it's going to be a real bummer for me:(:(:(, and back to hoping WETA does something...but it's different media, not like having the cloth costumes and being able to change a display.

Don't forget Azog. As Orcs seem to be Asmus' specialty, I think they could make a real winning Azog.
I might have agreed with you a few months ago, but the amount of unique tooling to make an Azog probably will prohibit it's creation. With Bilbo and Thorin the have both the bodies (dwarf and hobbit) availible for reuse. That being said, I totally agree that they would have likely knocked such an idea out of the park.

I might have agreed with you a few months ago, but the amount of unique tooling to make an Azog probably will prohibit it's creation. With Bilbo and Thorin the have both the bodies (dwarf and hobbit) availible for reuse. That being said, I totally agree that they would have likely knocked such an idea out of the park.

As far as we have discussed....
Dain is out for sure
Bilbo and Thorin are still in,
Azog may swing either way, but Bolg is out too...

A sad day for The Hobbit...

Dain is out for sure

Thank you for your input! It's much appreciated. Unfortunate, I agree, but I think the main audience will always love LOTR over the Hobbit, which is probably why it's struggling. After all, I don't think any Hobbit merchandise truly did well.

Out of all the other dwarves, I think Dwalin might be the only other who would be 'cool' enough to get a figure solely on looks. But fingers crossed for Thorin and Bilbo, at the very least Bilbo, I truly hope!

Dain is out for sure

Glad to hear that Bilbo and Thorin are still in. It would be great to see some more figures from the Hobbit, but I'm ok, if those are the only two that get a release.

Dain is out for sure

Glad to hear you guys still intend to do a few. If Bilbo and Thorin look good I'll be ordering them for sure!

Dain is out for sure

PLEASE MAKE AZOG HAPPEN !! He's the coolest character in the Hobbit movies IMO . You guys do such an awesome job with your creatures . I guarantee AZOG will sell out quick !
2ff09cde4a6a2eabcf5ad01366b18bd7.jpg
203d85ca359ece38ce82e85f389dd9c5.jpg

I think if people had more faith that the sculpting would actually look like the characters, the Hobbit line may fair better. Shame.

Back