Asmus Toys: Tauriel Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice but a pass for me. Limited space and budget means I can only focus on the characters I'm really invested in. Still would be nice to see more Hobbit characters down the road. There better be a Kili planned somewhere in the line up. :lecture

Never underestimate the power of a "'bit o'strange." She's living in the forest with the boring elves. A handsome young dwarf is a nice change of pace.

Haha, that's actually one of the few beefs I have with the Hobbit Trilogy. Kili is too human like, plus he likes to wield a bow. Dwarven archers bah, how about an axe to the face? He lacks the Gimli spirit (the dwarf archetype to me).

Haha, that's actually one of the few beefs I have with the Hobbit Trilogy. Kili is too human like, plus he likes to wield a bow. Dwarven archers bah, how about an axe to the face? He lacks the Gimli spirit (the dwarf archetype to me).

They used bows in the book so it's not too far fetched. :lecture :lol

There's probably a little elf back in his family tree.

(Of course now someone's going to pull out a genealogical chart from the Sillmarion to disprove it...)

No need for genealogical charts...dwarves were made by Aulë without Eru's consent. They're complete different beings from humans and elves. Even the orcs are closer to the elves than the dwarves.

No need for genealogical charts...dwarves were made by Aulë without Eru's consent. They're complete different beings from humans and elves. Even the orcs are closer to the elves than the dwarves.

So you're saying that Tolkien probably wouldn't approve of this little miscegenation?

So you're saying that Tolkien probably wouldn't approve of this little miscegenation?

That's his reaction:
FSfVBMW.gif

I don't know if he would disapprove considering he liked the idea of love linking different groups together and conquering divides. Look at all the elf-human relationships he did create. There weren't many but they all had significant meaning. I honesty think it might have never crossed his mind to have an elf-dwarf relationship. Out of all the changes PJ has been making this might have been one that Tolkien might not have had a huge issue with especially if this somehow makes Legolas and Gimli's friendship seem even more improbable.

And yes if you read all of Tolkien's works orcs would have more in common at least genetically with elves than any other race. Morgoth could not create so he twisted the creations of Eru. I want to say trolls were the twisted version of Ents but its been a long time so I might be wrong.

There's probably a little elf back in his family tree.

(Of course now someone's going to pull out a genealogical chart from the Sillmarion to disprove it...)

Although there's nothing written about any relations, there's also nothing written that there aren't any relations. :lol Way back in the day, Eol was very friendly and respected by the Dwarves so who knows. :idea

Maybe so but Aule could not give them life, Iluvatar had to.

I quite like The Hobbit, but not as much as Lord of the Rings. If any character of The Hobbit is released, it means it delays characters from LOTR, wich is a bad news to me.

I quite like The Hobbit, but not as much as Lord of the Rings. If any character of The Hobbit is released, it means it delays characters from LOTR, wich is a bad news to me.

Same here. I would rather see the Fellowship done first.

It kind of makes sense to do Hobbit characters now, while the movies are fresh in our minds. Those films are likely to have less staying power than the LotR. However the dwarves (and the hobbit) are the centerpiece of those films and without the bodies to do them justice why not move on to Tauriel and Bard?

(wait - spellcheck doesn't recognize "dwarves?")

I feel like it kind of makes Legolas and Gimli's friendship seem less...I dunno...special/unique? :ohbfrank:

I like Tauriel, and I like Kili, but the random, very sudden "love story" between the two of them was a bit over the top, considering the awful relations between elves and dwarves.

There was just an attraction. Far from a "love story".

Never underestimate the power of a "'bit o'strange." She's living in the forest with the boring elves. A handsome young dwarf is a nice change of pace.

And she had eyes for Legolas, but daddy doesn't want him socializing with "the help".

Back