ASMUS toys: Mouth of Sauron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually one of my fav scenes from the ext edition...
Love his voice and he is played by an Aussie actor, so am a little biased, lol.

It would be so awesome if they fit into the HT Batman or Robocop! :lol

bats mos.jpg

I know that I sound like a broken record but he really needs to be holding up Frodo's mithril shirt.

Ditto. Its the only item he actually holds aside from the Horse's reins. You'd think it would be at the top of the list of things to include with him. I'm not even sure I realized he had a sword until this figure, but I sure knew he had the Mithril shirt! :lol

The Mouth was one of those characters from the book that always stuck with me. When he wasn't in the theatrical version of the film I was disappointed, but the EE fixed that for me.

This looks great, and I think it will definitely find a way into my collection.

Every time I watch the Extended Edition of this scene, I am always reminded of Peter Jackson's humor. The MOS is very reminiscent of the silliness in Dead Alive...Bruce Spence is perfect here. :ogat

I remember looking at some of the BTS stuff on the Extended Edition, and there was a part where they were designing the mouth of the Mouth. I think at one point they considered having the mouth oriented up and down and I seem to remember a short screen test of it. It surely looked freaky! That being said, the version they went with works extremely well.

That smile...

Just got the e-mail from Sideshow pushing my last Flex payment to December. I never expected this one to ship this month, but it would be great to get a realistic timetable of the release dates on the half dozen figures Asmus has in the pipeline at this point.

Everything just got pushed, huh?

Oh well, I hope they don't end up stacking all three on top of one another (Aragorn, Mouth and Saruman)...

Right? I'd prefer they don't stack them either. They've currently still got them piled five-deep: Aragorn, Saruman, Mouth, Bard and Tauriel all scheduled for December now. But I fully expect them to keep pushing some of those back every month over the next couple of months.

I bet it's not really a delay, per se, but has more to do with the timing of when Sideshow acquired the rights to distribute this line. They kind of came in part-way through and put all of these up for pre-order at the same time. I doubt they were ever intended to be released this month. November just happened to be three months away when orders went live, so that's what the three-payment Flex plan defaulted to. I'd be willing to wager these start shipping one or two a month over the next three or four months.

Maybe Bard in December? Aragorn and Tauriel maybe in January? I don't really expect to see Saruman or Mouth of Sauron before February.

All just my guessing, of course. I have no inside knowledge. And all that said, I'd kinda be delighted if they all shipped next month!

Last edited:
Back