Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring : Gothmog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this guy from Sideshow and I can't wait for him to arrive! In pictures he looks suitably disgusting, and I'm sure in hand he'll be even more so!

This guy looks like he turned out great. They really captured that nasty likeness. [emoji48]

I'd love to get my hands on his sword for a custom. Love the rough look of it.

I was really impressed by Gothmog myself . The whole set is great . Hence the reason why I'm thinking of getting Mouth of Sauron . There monster/ creature collections are there finest works .

I am pleasantly surprised with Gothmog. I didn't expect to like him more than I did. So glad I hve him in the collection, now only if they can make Lurtz already.

Picking this guy up tomorrow. Downsized my Marvel stuff and now have enough credit to snag him for $50!! Cant wait to go pick him up.

Are they bringing back Gothmog? I saw he was at Toy Fair with a sign that says he's in stock.

Toy-Fair-2018-Asmus-007.jpg

Wish they'd update the trousers to the correct brown colour and the re-sculpt the right hands as the originals are woeful.

Great to see they are reissuing Gothmog. I wonder if they will also reissue Guritz. Those are the only two I'm missing.

Its great people are getting a 2nd chance on these wonderful figures...

But its been a long, long time since we've had a new villain. I hope we get something new soon too.

Tumblr_ldtejaHboc1qfti5wo1_500.jpg

Definitely looks more brown than red off screen but there's so many filters on the final film, its hard to tell for sure!

It's definitely an interesting decision that companies making figures have to make: Whether to match a color to how the object or costume looks in the finished film vs. making it accurate to the object or costume in real life. It's like the blue/brown Han's parka question.

I can't say which approach is right or wrong, but personally, I would prefer Gothmog's outfit look more like it does in the film, which is why I dyed mine to knock it down to a more brown-ish color. But it's an interesting challenge.

I missed this when it first came out; if they reissue this I might have to break down and get him. I really wish they’d do Lurtz.

Back