Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring : Gothmog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10277014_655225401217355_8902071099696959133_n.jpg

Gothmog Mods
  • Relocated arm deformity with belt folded into crease.
  • Hair added
  • Body swap (not much difference, but I wanted a more folded gimp arm)
  • Brown dyed several times (darker on lower portion)
  • Replaced rubber boots (difficult to balance) with plastic boots
  • Weathered/painted belts, punched holes, and reshaped belt
  • Added more belts
  • Added leather and nail heads
  • Dry brushed armor
  • Mud splattered different colors on feet/boots/armor/weapon
  • Blood splatter right side body and weapon
  • Added chainmail and rust and black wash, etc. (I keep looking at that picture of Gothmog and Skully for inspiration and, of course, all the great customs here.)

Thanks again to Asmus Toys! I am hoping for some Moria Orcs.

Um... Hello! Newbie here! ^^

I've recently gotten Mr. Gother's here, and I'm kinda curious to know how to get him onto his little stand thingy? Do they hook into his back somewhere? ^^

Ah! Okay! I thought they went in his back somehow! ^^
Do they have to be right up there in that zone? If so, he's... A little on the tall side. So they aren't really up all the way. XP

EDIT: Nevermind! I found out that you can take the prongs out. X3

I do have another question: His right hand falls off rather easily. Is there any way to get it on tighter? I don't want to change breaking him. :(

Finally I got the Gothmog last week....... it's really awesome, another good work from Asmus....:clap:clap
wish they can bring us Lurtz and some Uruk-hai later!!!
just finish the paint job and extend the lower leg to make it taller, wish u like it.....:)

Finally I got the Gothmog last week....... it's really awesome, another good work from Asmus....:clap:clap
wish they can bring us Lurtz and some Uruk-hai later!!!
just finish the paint job and extend the lower leg to make it taller, wish u like it.....:)

Top notch work! And really crisp pictures too!

Two claps for you!

:clap :clap

Got this and Guritz today! Overall, I'm very pleased. Though I will say I like the idea of metal weapons, but neither Gothmog nor Guritz can actually hold them well because of how heavy they are. So they are in poses that takes advantage of this. Gothmog seems to have very tight joints... except the wrist, which is the problem. Still, very happy with these guys. I've got the Witch King, Eowyn and Tauriel on pre-order from BBTS.

10334340_10104457706791670_2230720591246168117_n.jpg
10885567_10104457706846560_3246384351173866084_n.jpg

Thought I`d share a few pictures of my WIP Gothmog. I re-sculpted the head and armour. As well as a full customisation for the base.

42b8f4f5-0140-416c-beb9-00b5ed01e634_zps6b247dbb.JPG

02b86756-14c5-4423-984a-65c05178baf9_zps89b7e06e.JPG

bd215236-2290-4e3a-a76c-68688a402496_zps5aa9ede1.JPG

21c82f8c-cbdc-4a8f-93fc-cab5aceda2cb_zpsbed1daee.JPG

a66f6668-1128-4e5f-8c2c-99cd9ba444e5_zps309f9dc2.JPG

74b1bf72-98ce-4a84-8331-20236e3fdb95_zps36884dc5.JPG

Received Gothmog – what a fantastic figure. I guess he was overlooked. The paintjob is spectacular ! I couldn’t have wished for anything better for this guy. The fur cloak is gorgeous, all his accessories are outstanding. Both the scimitar and the spiked mace are very nicely sculpted, and the paintjob looks very realistic , with metallic glints. Specially the scimitar with the bloody tip.
The crooked arm and hand are gross – which is great. It doesn’t look fake, and to me , it looks even more real than it did in the movie.
His headsculpt is very accurate , and it’s a feat on itself. I wasn’t a fan of the movie character, but he is a great representative of a Morannon Orc.
He even has tiny bits of hair coming out of his ears, and some sweat and scars on his brown.
His hands are very easy to switch, and its solid, doesn’t fall on its own, on my experience.
The armor and the clothes are beautifully done, in a scary mordor way. The sculpt and the paint really brings it to life, and even tho its plastic, its very nicely strapped, and looks like old iron.
All and all, I’d give him a 10/10, because its as good as it gets on a character like this , and it shows how much they cared to get him done right.

zQcBmxd.jpg

lZjqrEZ.jpg

libmbkd.jpg

M6xNEUN.jpg

HMXytXk.jpg

VqcVOt2.jpg

8HZTtZ5.jpg

zQcBmxd.jpg

So, I recently purchased this figure from an eBay/online seller (Secret Compass). When I received it, the left arm was hanging loose with the elbow pin broken. I contacted them, got an exchange, and the replacement had the pommel end/hilt of the mace missing. I contacted them again,and they wrote back yesteday that all the stock they had was the same, that the piece was missing from all of them. That seems unlikely?
They offered a discount on another item, but I expressed my preference for a complete refund instead, as I'm not interested in an incompete item. Haven't heard anything back. Anyone else have this issue with the missing piece?

Back