Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring : Gothmog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through some modding during the last weekend, and I rebuilt ol' Mog this evening.
I dyed the trousers with coffee brown, drybrushed the armor and sword with dark metal, weathered the belts a bit and added some dirt to the shoes. I also tried to lift the wart a bit, knowing that it should be almost on the shoulder. Here's the result:
got1_zps0368110c.jpg

got2_zpsb4e405e6.jpg

What I'd love to do next is adding some dirt to the trousers bottom and build up a second faux leather belt to be added between the chest and the codpiece armor, just like the one that correctly appeared in promo shots:
lotr002c-z.jpg

Then I'll try to get some pics with natural light.

Nice work!!! Much improved.

Is it tricky to move the shoulder meat? Seems like its still low on the arm. Also, what 2nd belt are you talking about? I don't see anything in those promo pics? I see a flap of leather, but that may be under the armor...?

Nice work!!! Much improved.

Is it tricky to move the shoulder meat? Seems like its still low on the arm. Also, what 2nd belt are you talking about? I don't see anything in those promo pics? I see a flap of leather, but that may be under the armor...?

Thanks!!
Moving the wart more is complicated...the sleeve is padded with a black layer, and the wart is glued (with a pretty big blot of hot glue) on a hole in the red clothing. I don't know if it's possible to remove the glue (I would think it's not), but even if you manage to do it you will still have the hole to be sewed, I suppose.

Yes it's not exaclty a belt, just some sort of piece of leather wrapped around his waist between the chest armor and the cod piece.
958vzosh.jpg

Any reason why the shirt can't be removed and put on backwards? Then make a new hole higher up for the tumor?

Cause the fur is part of the back shirt. So you can't put it backward.

I did mod mine a lot since my last pics and I was able to put the meat part really close to his shoulder. I also heavily padded the body to makes it look more imposing.

Cause the fur is part of the back shirt. So you can't put it backward.

I did mod mine a lot since my last pics and I was able to put the meat part really close to his shoulder. I also heavily padded the body to makes it look more imposing.
Thanks to both answers. I don't have mine yet so I thought the shirt was separate.

Last edited:

Really want to see your improvements. Please post some new pictures.

Did you leave the hole in the sleeve where the meat was just as battle damage?

Just an f.y.i for anyone that ordered this via vantagecollectible.com they will not be able to fulfill any orders. Just got an email this afternoon.

Back