Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Did you just do the cloak or did you do anything to the robes as well?
i sprayed heavily with water and pleated the robe with a small iron (without taking it off).
I also did nothing to the head for those pics either...that's how it came right out of the box.

i also got these pleasant surprises as well- thank you Asmus!
f.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE the new head. That GtW sculpt is a huge upgrade. And it's a great hairing job. I know this is how the figure should have looked upon release (and shouldn't have needed upgrades to the hat and head), but I'm very happy with where my figure is now. I appreciate that Asmus offers upgrades.

(And yes, I am also planning to pick up the InArt version as well.)

And I fully anticipate that they'll make more upgrade heads available in small batches moving forward. Makes too much sense not to.

I’ve never seen someone actually buy those Qbitz figures before but I’m convinced that selling them in exchange for some consumer goodwill is the best way to finally unload them from the factory.

Teasing aside, the new sculpt actually looks pretty great

So, as someone who purchased the Asmus Gandalf a couple years back, I have only just recently heard that there was a replacement HS on offer. I still don't know any of the details about it - How do I order one? What is the cost?

Ok. I'm in. I'll pick up the new head if I can manages to get one. I just hope they give us a heads up when it's about to go up. Anyone have an estimate on how fast the last batch sold out?

So, as someone who purchased the Asmus Gandalf a couple years back, I have only just recently heard that there was a replacement HS on offer. I still don't know any of the details about it - How do I order one? What is the cost?
So far you have to go to ASMUS website and order from there, when they are available - cost 120$ for the upgrade, dunno about tax and shipping.
But the first small batch sold out so as ASMUS says we are waiting on next batch.:pray::pray::pray:

I don't remember seeing an email announcement, though I may be mistaken. But Asmus had previously posted in this thread for their initial run. They mentioned that it would be available the following day. I just happened to see the post and figured that they were approximately 12hrs ahead of Minas Miami time (Eastern) so checked and found that it was available. I ordered one and posted here for my fellow Freaks. Hopefully Asmus will post here advising of the next run.

I don't remember seeing an email announcement, though I may be mistaken. But Asmus had previously posted in this thread for their initial run. They mentioned that it would be available the following day. I just happened to see the post and figured that they were approximately 12hrs ahead of Minas Miami time (Eastern) so checked and found that it was available. I ordered one and posted here for my fellow Freaks. Hopefully Asmus will post here advising of the next run.
Yep.
I can confirm that Mr Asmus did quote a date that the heads were going up on the site.
As they are not far off East Coast Aus time,i checked on the day.
After ordering,I came on here to mention it and thankfully @FlyAndFight had made mention of it. 😊

How did you get that I have the original and it’s not that great! Thanks

The new Gandalf the Grey replacement head sculpt arrived! (...precisely when he meant to...)

There is no denying that I prefer this sculpt over the original. The sculpted eyes alone elevate it over the original PERS.

They also included the plastic hat and a cool little Frodo toy!

Here are some quick pics showing the head sculpt taken immediately out of the packaging and with absolutely no futzing:

View attachment 657786
View attachment 657787
View attachment 657788
View attachment 657789
View attachment 657790
View attachment 657791

Back