Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in my top five favorite figures in the collection.

I look forward to seeing all the "looking for Asmus Crown Gandalf for a decent price" posts when this thing is long sold out and fetch double and triple the price on the after market.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, there's a high likelihood I'll regret my choice, unless Asmus decides to put a few pieces available again in the near future, which I don't think so.
I will eventually wait for Crown Gandalf the White...

If the price is around 150-170, I would said is the good deal, must grab...but 350usd[emoji23] .I think this figure just for gandalf fans...or some skillfull collector..if really need one 1/6 gandalf, and don't mind non moveable..I recommended weta gandalf statue...this asmus figure need so much care, and many small issue need to deal with..

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

This is 7 years old asmus gandalf the white..the eye's still look battter than this new grey gandalf[emoji23] I still remember this figure only cost me around 125usd....
6cbecc7d9abc212751af1be2a19f60f8.jpg

Well, I don't feel like I can complain about the figure - GtG - as a whole, in that I still believe it's the best Gandalf out there. I love the hair, the beard, the silhouette, the outlines of the faces, the clothes, the accessories... it's just the eyes, they are so weird. Actually, as I said before, I don't have issues when looking at it from the side, but only front-viewing.

Yeah, there's a high likelihood I'll regret my choice, unless Asmus decides to put a few pieces available again in the near future, which I don't think so.
I will eventually wait for Crown Gandalf the White...
One of my local store still in stock for 145 usd(old gandalf the white), 7 years still not sold out yet...last times saw someone let go only 80-90usd[emoji23]....

Well, I don't feel like I can complain about the figure - GtG - as a whole, in that I still believe it's the best Gandalf out there. I love the hair, the beard, the silhouette, the outlines of the faces, the clothes, the accessories... it's just the eyes, they are so weird. Actually, as I said before, I don't have issues when looking at it from the side, but only front-viewing.
Just order it[emoji6]..if you feel regret later on..just sell300-400..sure lot of people looking for it

YYou
It's in my top five favorite figures in the collection.

I look forward to seeing all the "looking for Asmus Crown Gandalf for a decent price" posts when this thing is long sold out and fetch double and triple the price on the after market.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

For this poster to say it is in his top 5 figures speaks volumes as his collection is most impressive.

I was on the verge of buying this Gandalf a couple of days ago when I saw it available again on Asmus site... but then I stopped after watching some of the last pictures posted. Yes, it's the best Gandalf figure on the market without any doubt, yet it is different from the prototype, which was nearly perfect in any aspect.
In some photos, especially looking at it from the side, it looks so good! But face to face I cannot help but noticing the weird "make-up"-ish look it conveys. I don't know if the major issue is with the eyes or maybe with the painting. What do you guys think about it? Are you fully satisfied with the outcome?

You should definitely cancel.

If the price is around 150-170, I would said is the good deal, must grab...but 350usd[emoji23] .I think this figure just for gandalf fans...or some skillfull collector..if really need one 1/6 gandalf, and don't mind non moveable..I recommended weta gandalf statue...this asmus figure need so much care, and many small issue need to deal with..

So you went from being a little disappointed to it being worth 150-175?

So you went from being a little disappointed to it being worth 150-175?

ya...a bit disappointed after i received this figure...eye consider the soul of the figure..and i got collect 17 asmus figures...this is the worst... many people had complain about the skinny old gandalf the white head sculpt...but eye part look way batter than this new gandalf...i believe maybe is because of different batch.. some look good...some bad...

ya...a bit disappointed after i received this figure...eye consider the soul of the figure..and i got collect 17 asmus figures...this is the worst... many people had complain about the skinny old gandalf the white head sculpt...but eye part look way batter than this new gandalf...i believe maybe is because of different batch.. some look good...some bad...

I actually looked at all your posts since you’ve been here. Every one of them lukewarm neutral to negative against Asmus. Not a post anywhere else on the site that I can see. Why is that?

I actually looked at all your posts since you’ve been here. Every one of them lukewarm neutral to negative against Asmus. Not a post anywhere else on the site that I can see. Why is that?

Ha... This is the most expensive asmus figure... i have highly expected about this figure..today just received this figure...just wanna sharing pro and con...other figure from asmus, i actually quite satisfy..and also quite curious....because in china forum,baidu,80% of people complain about this figure..and here mostly praise..maybe is because of buying power...some of them use their 1/2, 1/3 salary to buy this figure. they have much more expectation than this....

I have around 400 1/6 scale figures, ranging from the rare 3A original zombot to hot toys original pota figures.
And every piece Asmus has put out for lotr.
This for me is by far one of my favorite figures as well, and the only one i have displayed that is out of the box!

Could just be a LOTR collector. To be honest I spend probably 80% of my time here in the LOTR threads.

Rzeznikk putting it as one of his top figures speaks volumes for it and is enough to easy any worries I might have although in the end it is subjective so what one person may love another may hate. Mine finally left CA so hopefully I will have him in hand soon and change judge for myself. Also to me Asmus figures almost always look better in person. I also feel the whole PERs thing has been hit and miss with Hot Toys so it figure that it would be hit and miss with other companies as well. In my opinion it worked great on Jack Sparrow and really elevated the figure to another level but it really hurt Indy and I think he would have been better without it.

Lord that original Gandalf the white is awful I cannot look at it without a look of pure horror on my face, glad asmus will be bringing out a crown version.

Soon as the uk postage ban is up I will be finally getting my invoice from asmus for crown gtg... none of the dreadfully in hand photos can put me off as I know once hair is styled right this figure will shine.

I have around 400 1/6 scale figures, ranging from the rare 3A original zombot to hot toys original pota figures.
And every piece Asmus has put out for lotr.
This for me is by far one of my favorite figures as well, and the only one i have displayed that is out of the box!

That’s good to hear too. Can’t wait for mine to finally arrive.

yeah, i take pics and put them away.
When i lived in Manhattan, my loft would get so dirty/dusty, i got in the
habit of keeping everything boxed up so the soot wouldn't
destroy them.

yeah, i take pics and put them away.
When i lived in Manhattan, my loft would get so dirty/dusty, i got in the
habit of keeping everything boxed up so the soot wouldn't
destroy them.

Genuine question, what's the point in having them if you just store them away? I'd feel like you'd be better off just selling them after you take the pictures.

gandalf.jpggandalf2.jpg

I took the plunge and gave the robes a water treatment. I'm pleased with how they came out. Thanks again to Maximus for the pose inspiration and to davejames for suggesting the water treatment.

I took the plunge and gave the robes a water treatment. I'm pleased with how they came out. Thanks again to Maximus for the pose inspiration and to davejames for suggesting the water treatment.

The eyes on yours look way better than anyone elses, almost normal.

Back