Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad right?after some adjustment..look good :) hat got magnet..need to pull down, if need lower..just cut off the magnet cover ( cotton)

c6ae5c035642ee1c8f794149ad73f6f8.jpg
24c0307751d045c5c3e221581a752815.jpg
1dbd0e20f13643b1c57a6cc3173da0b8.jpg
5e334f011df8b9f5d93f1cb7305dfff6.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's the same hat that was promoted. I suppose they made it with a magnet to keep it there without damaging the sculpt. The angle and position play an important role in how it sits. But of course, there can be better film accurate one. There is always some room to improve (it's color too).

Just checked my spam folder, nope.

I wonder if they have already sent out all invoices or still have to send some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are people ordering the whole figure just to be sure to get the head? Is it clear, from in-hand pix, that the rest of the figure is actually significantly better than the V1?

Are people ordering the whole figure just to be sure to get the head? Is it clear, from in-hand pix, that the rest of the figure is actually significantly better than the V1?
I ordered the full figure as I wanted another display. I dont think Asmus said one way or another if there was anything improved with the outfit. Also wanted Balins book and the Base.

If they actually do end up putting the head up separately as they say they will then I will get another head for my V1.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can't speak for everyone, but yeah, it's a rooted hair Gandalf and at the time maybe I thought the sculpt would improve - I like my V1 but think the nose is a bit big.

Don't remember having any issues at all with the V1 costume and accessories - if anything I was impressed; multiple staffs and so on.

Also I like the base with V2. Might as well have both in my case, as Gandalf can be displayed with Hobbit or LOTR figs.

Hmm. I think there's something off about the eyes as well. Too much shadow and too blue. Actually, it reminds me of the eyes on the Hot Toys Indiana Jones figure.

It looks like they have tweaked a few parts of the costume; a lighter coloured undershirt and top cloak, a new fabric belt and more weathering to everything. I think the hat is slightly improved too but it still doesn't look great sadly.

Not sure if they made the sword belt buckles die-cast but I hope they have. I think they have reworked the staffs too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's the main reason for me, yeah. I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on the loose sculpt, as it just looks too good,. And with nothing else on the horizon, I have the disposable cash for it.

The outfit does seem completely new to me: the blue trimming is gone, the sweater is a lighter color, and the cloak looks longer on his back. He also seems more weathered. I haven't seen any pictures of the boots yet, hopefully those are improved as well. How the actual drape of the outfit compares is yet to be seen though. Having both versions, I'll mix and match if necessary to make the best version (in my eyes). :)

I dont think the hat is to small, it's just because it cannot be pulled down enough due to the fabric where the hole should be

I dont think the hat is to small, it's just because it cannot be pulled down enough due to the fabric where the hole should be

I found that to be a weird design choice. Whats the point of that? Makes the hat look ridiculous sitting on top of the head like that. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back