Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Gandalf looks incredible!! So glad I ordered from asmus and I’ll definitely be picking up another head

So this will be my first asmus Lord of the Rings, really looking forward to it.

I am tempted by Gimli too, I see he is in stock again. Are they planning to do all the characters in the crown series? As I would like all the fellowship, the Gimli looks good enough to not bother with a crown release later on, but the rest of them are either too expensive on the second hand market or just not available.

I am tempted by Gimli too, I see he is in stock again. Are they planning to do all the characters in the crown series? As I would like all the fellowship, the Gimli looks good enough to not bother with a crown release later on, but the rest of them are either too expensive on the second hand market or just not available.

Gimli is one of the best figures I have. I suggest grabbing him while he is at retail. You won't be disappointed. That and I am sure there will be more of the rest of the Fellowship later.

Seconding what matmurdock said directly above. Gimli already looks Crown series good. Attention to detail for this figure--especially including his rooted, braided beard--is outstanding.

we will definitely going to sell the head,
or at least, to at this forum.

Right now, the target price is $100 USD, it may be a little costly, but it is really difficult to make,
as a matter of fact, this is like a custom made head if you look only at the hair department.

I'll definitely be buying the head to go with my old Asmus Gandalf. Please, let us know when it is available! Thanks for all the effort and congratulations on your great job!

Gimli is one of the best figures I have. I suggest grabbing him while he is at retail. You won't be disappointed. That and I am sure there will be more of the rest of the Fellowship later.

Seconding what matmurdock said directly above. Gimli already looks Crown series good. Attention to detail for this figure--especially including his rooted, braided beard--is outstanding.

Thanks! I've just ordered Gimli from Asmus, seen its dropped from 9 to 7 already, so jumped in. Looking forward to getting him in.

So that unboxing showed me next to nothing other than the head sculpt and the fact that the clothes aren't any thinner, which I said wouldn't be almost a year ago. As expected, no one is saying anything here other than blind praise. Color me surprised.

So that unboxing showed me next to nothing other than the head sculpt and the fact that the clothes aren't any thinner, which I said wouldn't be almost a year ago. As expected, no one is saying anything here other than blind praise. Color me surprised.

I can say that it sucks if that makes you feel better. I think it?s awesome though. Usually how it works. If people think something is bad they say it?s bad, if they think it?s good they say it?s good.

Thanks! I've just ordered Gimli from Asmus, seen its dropped from 9 to 7 already, so jumped in. Looking forward to getting him in.

Don't think you will regret - amazing at the price point. I am usually a Hobbit collector but picked up a second Gimli because it's just such a stellar release IMO. 5 diecast axes; great sculpt, sturdy body, great details, great braid work.

I like my Gandalf V1 - plus the full cloak and accessories. I will also love this one.

I can say that it sucks if that makes you feel better. I think it?s awesome though. Usually how it works. If people think something is bad they say it?s bad, if they think it?s good they say it?s good.

:lol:monkey3

I thought the robe looked thinner but over cloak was thicker, maybe I?m wrong ?
I sprayed Sarumans robes to get them the hang lifelike.

Go start an interest threat for Yunsil or Iris to make a "thinner" outfit if that makes you feel better.

Jesus.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hmm, think I need to see more pics. For some reason I'm not feeling the likeness quite as much as on the proto. Perhaps because the the hair seems a bit lighter than it was?

Hmm, think I need to see more pics. For some reason I'm not feeling the likeness quite as much as on the proto. Perhaps because the the hair seems a bit lighter than it was?
Pic of headsculpt, beard doesn't look to bright.
f25f21ef370bfb13e76849a0ba5bc7f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Back