Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably GtG,Galadriel, Elrond,Theodon and the Elven Warriors...for now.

Nice choices! All those others are great looking figures. My display space just won?t accommodate much more, trying to keep some room for a selection of Mando figs and hopefully TWOK Kirk and Spock if they get produced.
I?d love to support Asmus more though. They totally deserve it.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, for all those who have been waiting for Asmus to sell just the head, I hope they follow through....and I think they will. DO NOT even hesitate at that price or you have no room to complain later, none at all. That is an insanely low price for a hand haired head. I will get one even though I don't need it. At worst I can sell it for double that at any time. Just such an amazing job all the way around with this.

Well, for all those who have been waiting for Asmus to sell just the head, I hope they follow through....and I think they will. DO NOT even hesitate at that price or you have no room to complain later, none at all. That is an insanely low price for a hand haired head. I will get one even though I don't need it. At worst I can sell it for double that at any time. Just such an amazing job all the way around with this.
Yup agreed. At that price I will get another one to replace my GtG v1. Hell...maybe even two.

That's a $300 headsculpt. Maybe even more. Hairing jobs like this ain't cheap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Love the presentation package for this Crown Series Gandalf.

I'll definitely be picking up the head sculpt to update my original Gandalf, as well. I'm also going to look into adding an LED lighting effect, if possible, to his Moria staff.

It's so nice that people are already discussing how they are going to sell the head. :rotfl

I like the way it is made to attach with a magnet to the extended neck. Very wise decision to keep the sculpt safe and make it easy to attach. It also means that as a separate sculpt it has to come with this new neck.

It's so nice that people are already discussing how they are going to sell the head. :rotfl

I like the way it is made to attach with a magnet to the extended neck. Very wise decision to keep the sculpt safe and make it easy to attach. It also means that as a separate sculpt it has to come with this new neck.

Yeah agree on that part. I hate how hard I have to force some heads on sometimes, just slipping this on is terrific.

When I was on Sideshow browsing figures, I came across this and "admittingly" I was not into LOTR but I knew of Gandalf. I saw this and said I have to get this (then I got into it more and learned of this forum etc.)
I didn't think twice when I saw this and definitely have 0 regrets. I had this paid off a while now lol.
I have seen so many figures I would have bought had I was collecting at the time and would say - damn I wish I knew about this earlier...
This is one where I just saw and knew... now my only regret, was not ordering 2.
Absolutely amazing Asmus

I know there was alot of heat (from myself included) regarding Helm's deep Aragorn Headsculpt - you listened and worked on it. This one sets a bar and then some.

we will definitely going to sell the head,
or at least, to at this forum.

Right now, the target price is $100 USD, it may be a little costly, but it is really difficult to make,
as a matter of fact, this is like a custom made head if you look only at the hair department.

Great news! Price is okay too.

You are all so greedy! Yep... I?ll definitely be buying an additional head for my current Gandalf too [emoji23]. How will it attach to the older body though?!

we will definitely going to sell the head,
or at least, to at this forum.

Right now, the target price is $100 USD, it may be a little costly, but it is really difficult to make,
as a matter of fact, this is like a custom made head if you look only at the hair department.

Wonderful! I have been hoping for that since the beginning. I purchased a full Crown figure for my LOTR FOTR figure collection, and was hoping for the extra head to replace my current Asmus GTG figure for my Hobbit collection. This is fantastic news! Thank You Asmus! Will you reach out to us via PM, or will the posting for the additional head be available here in the thread?

My excitement for this is through the roof. I might die of frustration if I’m not in the first batch (over exaggerating of course, but I’m really hoping!)
$100 for the head is more than fair too so I’d love to update my OG Gandalf too!
Congrats Asmus, this is a true milestone figure in 1/6.

This thing is GORGEOUS. So looking forward to mine getting shipped!

And I will 100% buy an extra head if I can get on the list. I bought the previous GtG but have never displayed him because I just didn't care for the sculpt. Not an issue with this one! :clap

I'm very impressed with the figure !! Can't wait to get it !
:)

My seller now saying its 50/50 I get my Gandalf as they not sure how many they are getting :horror

Yeah, I ordered direct from Asmus as well. When I emailed them several months ago to check on the status they said they would email me when the figure is ready to ship.

Back