Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I mean I?ll let it go, meaning I?ll let go of the dozen Asmus figures I?ve bought since they started and wash my hands of the company completely. I?d consider it a pretty huge betrayal if they decide not to offer the head after definitively saying they would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think that when Asmus said they were going to do it, they intended that and I don't think they have any desire to screw over their fans. However, in reality the chance of it actually happening could be considered up in the air. I mean even if they do get around to it, I bet it would be fourth quarter of 2021 at the earliest assuming they didn't include that in their second batch of Crown figures.

Personally, if I was in the position of waiting for a head for my original Gandalf, I would just buy a full Crown Series release and sell off the old Gandalf OR buy a Crown Gandalf, wait for the head, and then sell the Crown Gandalf if that comes to be.

Edit: Also thanks for sharing that!! ^^

Yeah I mean I?ll let it go, meaning I?ll let go of the dozen Asmus figures I?ve bought since they started and wash my hands of the company completely. I?d consider it a pretty huge betrayal if they decide not to offer the head after definitively saying they would.

Where's that Gandalf the White replacement head that they said they were going to offer?

Or the new fixed paint apps for the Slim Frodo they said they were going to offer?

Even if they do offer this head expect to pay $200-250 + just for the head.

And the fact you'll be waiting years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I do think that when Asmus said they were going to do it, they intended that and I don't think they have any desire to screw over their fans. However, in reality the chance of it actually happening could be considered up in the air. I mean even if they do get around to it, I bet it would be fourth quarter of 2021 at the earliest assuming they didn't include that in their second batch of Crown figures.

Personally, if I was in the position of waiting for a head for my original Gandalf, I would just buy a full Crown Series release and sell off the old Gandalf OR buy a Crown Gandalf, wait for the head, and then sell the Crown Gandalf if that comes to be.

Edit: Also thanks for sharing that!! ^^
Agreed. If people truly REALLY didn't want to miss out on this they should have secured the full figure. Then if by chance they offer the head you have another option.

From everything I've seen, I cannot praise Asmus enough. Beautiful, beautiful box with an amazing base, wonderful head that is equivalent to custom work I've seen and an overall great looking figure. That unboxing video was awesome. The wait appears to have been worth it but we can confirm all that in hand!

Asmus, your entire team behind this figure should be very proud.

Screen grabs Screenshot_20210131-223657_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223659_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223703_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223715_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223724_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223740_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223746_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223812_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223835_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210131-223844_Facebook.jpg

Well there?s no retailer I?m aware of with any left for preorder so even if I wanted to order it at this point I?m SOL. I understand that Asmus hasn?t fulfilled many of these promises in the past, which is why this is basically the last chance I?m willing to give them. I think this has a higher likelihood of happening than the GTW or Frodo replacements since it?s a head they?re already mass producing and wouldn?t require additional work to revise a product, unlike those other examples. I?m completely fine with waiting and paying a reasonable price for it, as long as it happens at some point.

Amazing figure but issit just me or the eyes are a shade too blue to me?

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

All sold out on BBTS again. I think if anybody wants Gandalf now, they better pray for a cancellation somewhere or then maybe more will become available with the second batch.

All sold out on BBTS again. I think if anybody wants Gandalf now, they better pray for a cancellation somewhere or then maybe more will become available with the second batch.
I might have a PO at BBTS I could cancel it as I recall I PO at Asmus, let me double check and I'll let who ever wants it on BBTS know.

Yeah I got one extra. I'm going to cancel it on BBTS so it's whoever is faster. Good luck

For the sake of anyone who held off I hope they release the head on its own.
With that said, it doesn?t hurt or send any kind of message to Asmus if someone sells of their collection. They already got their money the first time.
Asmus has demonstrated that they value their relationship with fans but ultimately they are a business. If it comes down to breaking a promise made on a toy forum or laying some folks off, I have no doubt that Asmus will make the choice that best sustains their business.
For everyone who feels betrayed there are people like me. I love LOTR but did not have any of the Asmus figures. Never intended to buy them. I got one look at the prototype pictures of Crown Gandalf, pre-ordered, and between then and now bought 14 Asmus LOTR figures while I wait so that he will have a collection to go into.
They?ll be fine if they end up not releasing the head by itself once word of this figure spreads. I imagine that this figure is going to dramatically increase their customer base and it will be people who were not looking for a replacement head for an old figure that they didn?t buy.

we will definitely going to sell the head,
or at least, to at this forum.

Right now, the target price is $100 USD, it may be a little costly, but it is really difficult to make,
as a matter of fact, this is like a custom made head if you look only at the hair department.

It's amazing work! Congrats and I look forward to your next announcement.

Right now, the target price is $100 USD, it may be a little costly, but it is really difficult to make,
as a matter of fact, this is like a custom made head if you look only at the hair department.
That's actually a good price. Custom heads tend to be $800 depending on the quality even more when they are with rooted hair.

Fantastic to hear! Yes I am one of those that held out due to the original announcement of the separate head sculpt upgrade for V.1. Do you intend on making it available only for those that have proof of ownership/purchase of Gandalf V.1 still? Or just open to everyone? I can only imagine the former would be a logistics nightmare.

Back