Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timewalker is a great place to order from. I have never had any issues with them and they have always been helpful when I have had questions.

Yep. I've been ordering from them for years, and they are indeed awesome. It sometimes takes them awhile to get stuff, and if you bundle orders for free shipping they will sit there for some time if you don't have other things coming in at the same time, but this hobby is all about patience.

Yeah I trust timewalker more than any other. I got my Ecto one from them and had top of the line personable service from them.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input on time walker. I canceled my BBTS order and just have my order with timewalker. Sideshow site says September so hopefully timewalker gets their order soon after that.

Thank you for the input on time walker. I canceled my BBTS order and just have my order with timewalker. Sideshow site says September so hopefully timewalker gets their order soon after that.

The latest update from Asmus is they will start shipping in November, so i would say December at the earliest from other retailers.

The latest update from Asmus is they will start shipping in November, so i would say December at the earliest from other retailers.

Just got a delay notice from SSC - PO payment changed to November. Hmmm would just as soon wait until January to avoid shipping during holiday rush.

Edit: And another PO delay notice to December - lol on Christmas Day. Nothing slows down e-commerce. Works for me tho; I'd rather have shipping after Christmas rush.

I'm not too familiar with Asmus, but this upcoming Gandalf is really peaking my interest because the proto looks incredible. Generally, how close is the proto to the final product with them? Have there been any production photos?

I'm looking at selling off my Hot Toys Thanos to either fund this or the Baby Yoda statue from Sideshow. Which do you guys think would be a smarter move to go for?

I'm not too familiar with Asmus, but this upcoming Gandalf is really peaking my interest because the proto looks incredible. Generally, how close is the proto to the final product with them? Have there been any production photos?

I'm looking at selling off my Hot Toys Thanos to either fund this or the Baby Yoda statue from Sideshow. Which do you guys think would be a smarter move to go for?

Lol well seeing how you are posting in a LOTR action figure thread I think most will say go with the LOTR action figure.

In my opinion which is probably biased, even though I also love Star Wars, I would go with Gandalf. Baby Yoda will probably have statues and figures made of him for years. Another 1/6 Gandalf the Gray figure might not come again. It?s pretty hard to get ahold of the last one as it is.

Lol well seeing how you are posting in a LOTR action figure thread I think most will say go with the LOTR action figure.

In my opinion which is probably biased, even though I also love Star Wars, I would go with Gandalf. Baby Yoda will probably have statues and figures made of him for years. Another 1/6 Gandalf the Gray figure might not come again. It?s pretty hard to get ahold of the last one as it is.

It's true, there will definitely be bias here haha. I guess I am more so thinking about which will be harder to snag further down the line, because I will probably be passing on one of them now. Though every time I see this Gandalf, I swear once he's gone he'll end up being one of the most sought after 1/6 figures.

Speaking of LOTR properties, what's the status on that Amazon series ?

I think they were due to start shooting soon if memory serves.

It's true, there will definitely be bias here haha. I guess I am more so thinking about which will be harder to snag further down the line, because I will probably be passing on one of them now. Though every time I see this Gandalf, I swear once he's gone he'll end up being one of the most sought after 1/6 figures.

Even if it doesn't end up looking as good as the prototype, it's still going to look great. (That proto is outstanding so I'm trying to temper my expectations.) But if you end up not loving it, I'm sure you'd be able to easily make your money back (and then some) by flipping it on the secondary market. Seems like a chance worth taking to me.

Speaking of LOTR properties, what's the status on that Amazon series ?

I think they were due to start shooting soon if memory serves.

I read that there's been a bit of fan uproar in that the series is going down the "Game of Thrones" route in regards to promoting a "sexualized version" of Middle Earth.

Personally, I don't think it should, as Tolkien's classic works never included this and I don't think it is required to bring in additional viewers.

Here is a good article about what is going on: https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2020/10/06/108573-sex-sensibility-amazons-nude-take-on-tolkien/

All depends on what your collecting priorities are. If you are a fan of groundbreaking and timeless cinematic works of art being represented in 1/6 scale by one of the best figure manufacturers working today...go with Gandalf.
If your priority is displaying cute novelty merchandise and social media meme worthiness is important in your collecting choices definitely skip the figure that looks like it will raise the overall bar in 1/6 scale figures and go with the Yoda.

Back