Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing, so glad this is still happening. I have ordered the Crown Gandalf for my LOTR: FOTR display, but really want to replace the head on my first version with this new head for my representation of GTG from The Hobbit! :yess:

Good Idea. Depending on the price of the headsculpt alone, I just might do the same. I have the full Crown figure on order anyway. The updated handsculpts, book and Hobbiton diorama were too good to pass up on.

The LoTR had so many different filters from scene to scene it?s hard to actually get the right color down. But the source, the books, of what Ian is based off of has white hair.

Pretty white here:

5ec413bc8cf725cb63964646c0b03b45.jpg

But looks completely different here:

2f731f454cb4ddebc2d403435fe4611b.jpg

I thought it looked more grey in the movies but who knows. Speaking of color, I assume the hat is still incorrectly grey and not blue. Lol

The first photo of the 'white' beard is an overexposed promo photo, so all the colors are blown out.

It's never great to use promo photos for color reference, as they're often edited differently from the film.

He's Gandalf the Grey, he has a grey beard.

GandfalfTheGrey.jpg

I can speculate that once the hair is attached to the head, they might do some weathering to get it to a more accurate color, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

I ordered this a few weeks ago from BBTS. Every where else is sold out even sideshow how does BBTS even have some left for pre order? I hope it doesn?t get canceled on me

I ordered this a few weeks ago from BBTS. Every where else is sold out even sideshow how does BBTS even have some left for pre order? I hope it doesn?t get canceled on me

I don't know if more came available or what. I think Timewalker Toys may still have some as well. On their site it doesn't say anything about wait list it just has it for pre-order.

I don't know if more came available or what. I think Timewalker Toys may still have some as well. On their site it doesn't say anything about wait list it just has it for pre-order.

I have never used time walker before. Are they a good place? And they usually honor all the pre orders? And do the pre order system charge right away or when it ships?

I have never used time walker before. Are they a good place? And they usually honor all the pre orders? And do the pre order system charge right away or when it ships?

Yes, they are reputable, I've used them numerous times. They are very friendly folks.

They charge when it ships ... or rather when it's about to arrive into their warehouse, so usually a week or so before it ships.

Yes, they are reputable, I've used them numerous times. They are very friendly folks.

They charge when it ships ... or rather when it's about to arrive into their warehouse, so usually a week or so before it ships.

Would I have a better chance pre ordering through them then keeping my BBTS? I have heard BBTS canceling orders so I?m worried I won?t get this guy but if it?s available through tim walker and i would guarantee get him then maybe I should switch orders?

I emailed time walker and they guaranteed me that I would get one if I pre ordered so ended up ordering one with them.
Timewalker is a great company to order from. Hopefully, you saved a few dollars since they don't charge tax and offer free shipping when your order hits Over $350. The Gandalf figure is being sold for $339.99 though, so the free shipping won't apply with the figure alone, unfortunately. But still, no tax!

Back