Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to PO this, but I'm torn between availing of Sideshow's flex payments, or the immediacy of getting the delivery if ordered direct from Asmus' website.

Does anyone have a preference which way to order given the choices? Assuming the price is the same, what's been your experience ordering Asmus through Sideshow?

...what's been your experience ordering Asmus through Sideshow?
None- I just get to impatient knowing the figure is out already for people who ordered from Asmus,
and they are enjoying it -possibly for months- before other retailers ship out to their customers!

I'm tempted to PO this, but I'm torn between availing of Sideshow's flex payments, or the immediacy of getting the delivery if ordered direct from Asmus' website.

Does anyone have a preference which way to order given the choices? Assuming the price is the same, what's been your experience ordering Asmus through Sideshow?

Isn't it cheaper to go direct through Asmus?

Aye, both garments are too short. The original release was like that too. Hopefully they'll fix it before release!
Didn't know the first version also had the similar issue. I wonder if the water treatment fixed it for that version. Hopefully Asmus notices the problem and fix it before release.

The pictures also emphasize the hat not being grey. Asmus, please correct the color!
The whole images are tinted green in those shots. even the stepping stones are green tinted. I'm not saying the hat is grey, but you won't know the correct color until you put the actual prop under white daylight.

Well in both of your screen shots you can clear see his boots. It doesn’t quite drag the ground but it’s close.
Well, you see the 'tip' of his boots in screen grab. In sample shot, you can almost see his ankle.....C'mon it's the first crown series release. Everything's gotta be perfect! :pray:

Didn't know the first version also had the similar issue. I wonder if the water treatment fixed it for that version. Hopefully Asmus notices the problem and fix it before release.

The whole images are tinted green in those shots. even the stepping stones are green tinted. I'm not saying the hat is grey, but you won't know the correct color until you put the actual prop under white daylight.

Well, you see the 'tip' of his boots in screen grab. In sample shot, you can almost see his ankle.....C'mon it's the first crown series release. Everything's gotta be perfect! :pray:

I’d say his robe could be adjusted to drape closer to the ground. Just a few millimeters more would do it.

I have the first version of GtG and was at SDCC and examined this one in person. The clothes, accessories (barring the book and gate which is not advertised as included) all the look the same except what was shown had more weathering applied. In fact the original GtG doubled for Hobbit release and had extra staff and scarf as well which are not included here.f

The hat in the book is specifically blue. The hat in the movies generally appeared more grey than blue but in person and online this hat is grey and will be upon release I suspect.

All that said, the sculpt and hair application are superb. If this is what we get than it will be an amazing release. I am waiting to see what the details are for acquiring just the head. I would really like that book but do not need more than one GtG on my shelf. GtW I will have to carefully consider as I passed on the original release.
20190717_180620.jpg

I have the first version of GtG and was at SDCC and examined this one in person. The clothes, accessories (barring the book and gate which is not advertised as included) all the look the same except what was shown had more weathering applied. In fact the original GtG doubled for Hobbit release and had extra staff and scarf as well which are not included here.f

The hat in the book is specifically blue. The hat in the movies generally appeared more grey than blue but in person and online this hat is grey and will be upon release I suspect.

All that said, the sculpt and hair application are superb. If this is what we get than it will be an amazing release. I am waiting to see what the details are for acquiring just the head. I would really like that book but do not need more than one GtG on my shelf. GtW I will have to carefully consider as I passed on the original release.
View attachment 463090

The Crown Gandalf comes with two staffs.

Yeah, the original GtG has three staves - the one he loses to Saruman, the one he loses in Moria and the one he has in The Hobbit movies. Though now that I think of it, he lost that one, too. (Man, this guy is so irresponsible with his things!)

Holy crap. He's now up on the official WB Hobbit shop and he's listed at $430. And that does not include shipping. Dang.
For that price I hope they are using Ian Mckellen's hair for the beard. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

WB usually ends up emailing a discount code which then brings the products to regular pricing.

I've seen them do this countless of times. I don't even bother getting their emails anymore.

At this stage it's still cheaper if you're in Australia to order via Asmus directly.

So long as our dollar doesn't drop any further! :(

True! I pre-ordered through Asmus because I didn’t want to miss out if PC didn’t get it (they didn’t stock the slim Frodo and Sam). I probably could have used some pennies.
Here’s hoping our dollar doesn’t get demolished any further!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back