Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said earlier, I'm totally fine without the diorama.
Maybe just ground base with "Hobbiton" flowers, grasses and a small "Hobbiton" tree then. :D
Whatever the base is its going with my Bilbo anyway. I'll be using the bridge of Khazad Dum for this Gandalf and my current GtG will go with my Frodo on a different diorama base.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Understood.
And my comment was not specific reply to your comment. just a general one.

It looks like they already list "display base with Hobbiton diorama" in the product description, so I guess they can't back out now.

Doesn't that just mean it's a Doorway already thou?
View attachment 459828

No matter what they make, it should fit in the default Detolf. Otherwise more than half of the diorama base would be either collecting dust outside (with the Crown figure) or sleeping in the box.

The :lecture emoji was actually in agreement with your post. ("posted for truth"). I too want the investment to go towards the figure and not accessories.

I was just stating in general that in my previous remark, it may have come across that I wanted the cart included but I didn't mean that.

Hopefully whatever they include, be it door, gate with sign, or even grass-green base, that it, along with the figure, does fit in a Detolf shelf.

If they don't make it, just get creative. How hard could it be to get it as a print ? There are sign makers online who can print that on 3-5mm plastic with the clear bit as transparent. Then you have something suitable for backlighting. Make a small backing frame, whack in some led lights and you'll have it exactly to the size you need.

Plenty of online YouTube videos how to make light boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good idea, I think I will do that - thanks!

Cant wait to update the first releases headsculpt. Along with the full release I do plan on getting the updated head as well when offered! FB_IMG_1562635174712.jpgFB_IMG_1562635172409.jpgFB_IMG_1562635169080.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cant wait for this, if it comes out anything like the Proto it will be a great leap for the 1/6th game.

Also, major cred to Asmus once again for being so involved in the community.

Asmus direct? Popcultcha maybe or kg hobby?

I just went with Asmus direct. PopCultcha has had a lot of the Asmus stuff but they didn’t carry the Frodo and Sam slim versions. I didn’t want to miss out on Gandalf, so I pre ordered directly. The free world wide shipping was attractive too. They were pretty fast in getting the Frodo and Sam out to me. Hope that helps.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swift screen grab from JoBlo Trailers walkthrough of SDCC. The gate is looking pretty good although I hope the sign is removable so I can use it with young Bilbo.
9d94dc466c5b2f472a6430e0c3380051.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back