Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you on that. I wish all figures had it honestly. Adds so much to the expressions and posability.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The thing is that people will always say it makes the eyes too recessed, but when 1/12 scale figs have them now, I think it's totally feasible to hide it in 1/6.
I'm personally hoping for the Bag End Door. Very doubtful it's the wagon. There's no way the wagon would be included at $350.

I have absolutely no use for the wagon, as I imagine many others don't. The Bag End door is a wonderful addition for a good portion of their Middle Earth figures, and thus not only versatile but more desirable.

The thing is that people will always say it makes the eyes too recessed, but when 1/12 scale figs have them now, I think it's totally feasible to hide it in 1/6. I have absolutely no use for the wagon, as I imagine many others don't. The Bag End door is a wonderful addition for a good portion of their Middle Earth figures, and thus not only versatile but more desirable.
Agreed [emoji817] no use for the wagon. Would take up far too much space and then you'd have to get a horse to go with it....and....nah.

As would The Doors of Durin. Now those,
unlike the staff, could have a light up feature...
(reflected moon/star light)

Attachments

• Ted_Nasmith_-_Password_Into_Moria.jpg
    Ted_Nasmith_-_Password_Into_Moria.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 145
  • moria021.jpg
    moria021.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 145
These would be cool, but the website lists a “Hobbiton” diorama. I hope it’s the Bag End door. It will go nicely with my Frodo and Sam.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These would be cool, but the website lists a “Hobbiton” diorama. I hope it’s the Bag End door. It will go nicely with my Frodo and Sam.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

we did a mock up of Bag End door,
Unfortunately it is way too big to consider as a base....

Honestly, I'd rather have them focus more on the actual figure quality For this one.
Dont want $100 diorama and $250 figure. I want $350 worth high-end figure.

Honestly, I'd rather have them focus more on the actual figure quality For this one.
Dont want $100 diorama and $250 figure. I want $350 worth high-end figure.
This. I'd rather have a second, smiling sculpt than a diorama anyday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

we did a mock up of Bag End door,
Unfortunately it is way too big to consider as a base....

Yo Asmus,

This will likely be my 1st Asmus figure. I have over 50 Hot Toys pieces. The price on this is making me choke (as others). That being said I am super impressed with the the sculpt. I am waiting to see the Hobbiton Diorama before I order. It is that little bit extra that I NEED to justify the price and push me over the edge.

I find it very refreshing that you are willing to speak with your customers. As much as Hot Toys gets right, they are definitely getting this part wrong.

The door would have moved me but my vote would be for a prop or base that would be logically expanded with your next high end release.

I understand you must have your reasons for withholding the Diorama details but I think you may find many that like me are waiting for this final piece to be revealed. Can you at least give us an idea of when it will be brought to light?

As good as your first round of orders looked I think you will be surprised at the the second round...

Back