Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email from my seller. Gandalf release delayed until October.

This seems to coincide with my late October / November prediction a page back...and that was my most optimistic prediction.

This seems to coincide with my late October / November prediction a page back...and that was my most optimistic prediction.

Got a delay notice from SSC - OK by me; I got POs stacked up. And own Gandalf v1 anyway.:cool::gandalf

We are scheduled to ship out the first batch of Gandalf in late October, and will finish shipping all the orders (hopefully) by the end of the year
all things are set to go, it is just the beard takes way too much effort to manufacture
From the other thread.

Right after the same post they also said that they were still committed to selling the head alone...it would not be cheap...and they would not ship heads until all figure orders have been fulfilled.
Sounds like things are still on track for the head to be sold alone.

I'm glad I was able to put a PO on this Gandalf with Asmus. This, Helms Deep Aragorn, Gimli, Frodo (If I can find him) Legolas, and some others will complete my Lord of the Rings set. You don't need many charcaters to represent the films just a few key ones. Imo

This will be heartbreaking if that's the case.

Other than IMO the nose being a bit too big I don't have an issue with Gandalf v1. As usual I was most impressed with his accessories and the quality of the costume - ASMUS didn't skimp.

It may take a while but I think we will get our replacement heads. ASMUS was able to switch out a Thranduil head for me so assume they have some parts about - not sure how many.

I'm glad I was able to put a PO on this Gandalf with Asmus. This, Helms Deep Aragorn, Gimli, Frodo (If I can find him) Legolas, and some others will complete my Lord of the Rings set. You don't need many charcaters to represent the films just a few key ones. Imo
True. I obviously went Fellowship deep. But aside from the ones you mentioned along with maybe Gollum you'd have a great representation of all three films with that set up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

True. I obviously went Fellowship deep. But aside from the ones you mentioned along with maybe Gollum you'd have a great representation of all three films with that set up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Exactly I missed out on the first releases of the Fellowship, so I hope Asmus does more characters or new versions of the same ones, like Helms deep Legolas with removeable leather shoulder armour.

I just joined the waitlist for the crown series Gandalf but not holding my breath it will convert sadly. Would be great as I only want Gandalf and Aragorn

Have you tried bbts? Last time I checked they still had it up and they only charge $4 for shipping. Also I don’t think they had a non-refundable deposit on it so you technically could preorder and cancel if you Chang stour mind.

Sweet!!! Gandalf is back at bbts I was on waitlist for sideshow for about a month and bbts was sold out for a while guess they got more PO stock. Grab him while you can. I am gonna get him and Aragorn.

Have you tried bbts? Last time I checked they still had it up and they only charge $4 for shipping. Also I don?t think they had a non-refundable deposit on it so you technically could preorder and cancel if you Chang stour mind.

Thank you very much!!! I checked a few days ago and it was sold out on BBTS so they must have gotten ahold of some more. I pre ordered it right away but did faster shipping as last time I did flat rate it took 3 weeks. Still cheaper then sideshow as they are charging $350 before tax and BBTS is $320? I think.
I still will keep my waitlist just in case as I heard BBTS has dropped orders before

I certainly hope Asmus are still going to keep their word to sell the Gandalf head to people who bought the original. Between this and Frodo, if they don't keep either promise within the next year I'm probably going to dump all my Asmus toys. Would be a shame since they are producing nice quality figures now, but I was unfortunately an early adopter of this line and settled for sometimes mediocre work and waiting around for them to fulfill promises is getting tiresome.

I certainly hope Asmus are still going to keep their word to sell the Gandalf head to people who bought the original. Between this and Frodo, if they don't keep either promise within the next year I'm probably going to dump all my Asmus toys. Would be a shame since they are producing nice quality figures now, but I was unfortunately an early adopter of this line and settled for sometimes mediocre work and waiting around for them to fulfill promises is getting tiresome.

Well, I was with them early too. I have GtW, and remember talks about deformed head and wrong colored west that they will work to have an upgrade. Later I was lucky to buy the first version of Frodo and Sam, when I purchased new heads and got the wronged eyed Frodo. And I also have GtG version 1, and hear these talks about head provided separately. I have too much invested already to just buy any new version, especially after all that talk. And do not forget "build an orc" :) (but that's ok, yet no Moria orc or something like that is a pity).
But I am glad recent figures have better sculpts and paint (so, no need for an update soon).

That's what everyone's going to be doing with this new aragorn

Back