Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just went to find out when these are expecting to ship on Asmus.com where I noticed they only have 4 left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hair work is what's really going to make this figure shine, but what's really impressing me generally about Asmus is how much better their portrait sculpts have gotten over time. They might stumble a little from time to time - every company does - but for my money they can go toe-to-toe with the best.

If Asmus is able to deliver on what they have shown so far I think this will easily be Figure of the Year (at least for me) there is nothing 1/6 scale figure wise that is coming from Hot Toys, Blitzway, or anyone else that looks as high quality, or exciting as this release. Asmus will deserve it too. As I have been beginning my LOTR collection I have been going through some of the old threads and the level of engagement that they have with collectors...seeing feedback on works in progress...etc. is remarkable. That should be rewarded and serve as an example to other companies.

I just can't go deep on LOTR but it's easy to see why big fans of the property are also big fans of Asmus. They do a commendable job communicating with their customers and are probably the most transparent 1/6 company out there. They often ask for feedback and cite reasons for decisions they make. I genuinely feel like they strive to improve. And sometimes even make changes based on feedback they get! It's also cool that they show progress on figures in production, great job Asmus!

I honestly wish they could share the Star Wars license with HT and make aliens and characters like Death Star Trooper and Hoth Rebels. I am very much looking forward to getting this Gandalf figure and hope to see more like Crown Legolas.

So looking forward to getting this on display. If the Crown series is successful I'd love to see Saruman & Radagast get the Crown treatment.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

This is looking great. I haven't been following this and just got an order in with bbts. Cheaper than Asmus and SS too!

It?s been Waitlisted at Sideshow for awhile too...folks must be realizing that this figure is poised to be a game changer...well deserved congratulations to Asmus!

It?s been Waitlisted at Sideshow for awhile too...folks must be realizing that this figure is poised to be a game changer...well deserved congratulations to Asmus!

If they can get close to what they showed it will be a game changer. Fingers crossed that they can pull it off. They did a damn fine job on Gimli so I’m cautiously optimistic

Headsculpt seems perfectly executed indeed. Contratulation to ASMUS for it!
Now they just need to develop film accurate in-scale clothes that drop realistic (not as in the first version) to make it the figure of the year...

If they can get close to what they showed it will be a game changer. Fingers crossed that they can pull it off. They did a damn fine job on Gimli so I’m cautiously optimistic

Same here. I have real high hopes on this one. I also hope they don’t spend all their focus on the hair and neglect the rest like the quality of the body. I am going to be upset if this one ends up on a floppy body that has to use the stand in order to not tumble or if he can’t hold up his sword. This is the most expensive 1/6 figure I will have bought and if he comes out looking close to what they have shown and on a sturdy body with a well made outfit and accessories I will consider it money well spent.

That's a damn lot of old man beard !!

4307e7d44e556095727513052608776a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this turns out as great as it looks, and it sells well, I'm REALLY hoping it leads to a Crown Series Aragorn. I've passed on the older versions, and this new Gandalf gives me hope :pray:

Roger that, man. And bring on round 2s of Gimli, Saruman, Elrond, Thorin, Legolas... Hyperrealism in scale is pretty darned cool.

If Asmus is able to deliver on what they have shown so far I think this will easily be Figure of the Year (at least for me) there is nothing 1/6 scale figure wise that is coming from Hot Toys, Blitzway, or anyone else that looks as high quality, or exciting as this release. Asmus will deserve it too. As I have been beginning my LOTR collection I have been going through some of the old threads and the level of engagement that they have with collectors...seeing feedback on works in progress...etc. is remarkable. That should be rewarded and serve as an example to other companies.

:goodpost:

Yeah, and think I recall ASMUS is testing the waters with a fig like this - 'coz the flip side is the collectors who complain about rising prices. But, IMO it depends on who the characters is, and what you are getting. I'll pay more for a great fig and maybe not buy a different fig, to keep budget in check. And, there's custom heads that go for 350$ and up. Just the portrait.

LOL hearing about the sell-outs made me go check my SSC order. Yep, still there.:cool:

So happy I pre-ordered the day it went up.

Will also be in for a second head to upgrade my existing figure. Maybe do one in a Balrog battle pose and the other with the full kit.

Back