Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not agree with him too. This figure wasn't the worst figure of 2014. It looks good in hand.

Yeah, I thought that was a crap choice for him to list gandy as worst. He isn't perfect, sure. But it's still a nice fig, and for the price it's very nice. And with asmus trying to do a better head? It's gonna be more than nice! :)

i stil think ssc superman is the worst.. just how dare they can messed up the iconic superhero of our time.

Ha. Wow and this Gandalf is one of my favorite figures of the moment. Most of the time the squished head doesn't even bother me. It screams Ganalf the White to me and I can get it into a bunch of good poses so it ranks pretty high on my scale. To each his own I guess. To me Drake was the biggest let down I have seen with my own eyes. Never played the game but if the sculpt and paint came out better it would have been a neat figure in my opinion.

GtG should come with an extra pipe smoking head sculpt. Nothing to do with GtW...just bumping. :impatient:

I'm still thinking about getting this as it is available at a number of retailers and as I re-read the series I just really want to get a Gandalf.

I read in another thread that someone fixed the squashed head thing by pushing in the post or something... can anyone elaborate, preferably with pictures?

I'm still thinking about getting this as it is available at a number of retailers and as I re-read the series I just really want to get a Gandalf.

I read in another thread that someone fixed the squashed head thing by pushing in the post or something... can anyone elaborate, preferably with pictures?

The head sculpt is a little narrow but is still nice enough and easily recognizable as to who it is supposed to be. I don't know about making it wider but the problem I thought was that it sat to high. If you push it down it bottoms out of the plug and looks much better. Asmus has said they are working on a replacement sculpt that will be free if you purchase GTG. Not exactly free I know but still better than nothing.

Personally I really like my Gandalf. He's one of my favorites and if you push the plug further into the sculpt it widens out a little bit.

Back