Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that might be the best look for this figure; cool, contemplating Gandalf.

Yup. Totally agree. I may try displaying him sitting with a few crates and boxes to recreate the scene where he's lost in thought waiting for the battle. Plus, I think displaying him in profile may reduce his "why the long face" look.

so... I just took that photo, and stretched it out... and ... ummm... sheeeeeeeeeeeeee-it.
gandalfStretch.jpg

I'm wondering if soaking the head in hot water and then giving it a bit of a front-to-back or top-to-bottom squeeze might help bring it into more of a proper shape. Probably not. Probably too thick a chunk. Might try it anyhow. Could be worth a shot.

Excellent collection! :clap

I'm not sure what to make of that head on Gandalf. It looks like its sitting way to high (too long a neck). Maybe that is adding to the "squished" look.

Can someone try to push the head down more?

IMG_2711.jpgIMG_2712.jpg

I removed the peg and sat the head back on but the beard and hair leave little room for movement

I hope that's part of it. Some pics look normal, others it does look thin. Probably won't know for sure till it's in hand. I will say that figures always look better in hand then pictures posted on internet sites.

especially since people post closeup macro shots, and the figure in hand is so small. Most of the time you are looking at it at least 4 times real size.

I removed the peg and sat the head back on but the beard and hair leave little room for movement

Is the head sculpt definitely solid?

I'm wondering now if you heat the head -- beard and hair mostly -- if you can get it to seat more naturally. Lots to toy with when I get this figure.

Last edited:
Yeah, all it takes is a collector with hability ;)
Some of the on-hand pictures look much more promising.
I enjoyed him without the vest

Is the head sculpt definitely solid?

I'm wondering now if you heat the head -- beard and hair mostly -- if you can get it to seat more naturally. Lots to toy with when I get this figure.

Yeah the head seems solid.
I have done exactly that and heated the hair and beard, I had some success with the hair, less so the beard but I'm sure someone with more "hability" then myself will make it look great.

Yeah the head seems solid.
I have done exactly that and heated the hair and beard, I had some success with the hair, less so the beard but I'm sure someone with more "hability" then myself will make it look great.

:lol

Thanks for giving it a go. I definitely think any little bit you can lower the head will help immensely with the "long face".

My first impressions.
I like the headsculpt (though it does have a little squished feeling at the eyes/brows area). I like how the outfit looks and sits (yes, the robe lining is darker, but somehow it does not bother me as some body specs). I like the metal sword and solid base.
On other hand, the staff looks too toyish, could have been closer to this:
UC1386Wlg.jpg
and the body is too loose, and seems to be easy breakable. It was also said that neck should be shorter too. I really hope that bodies will improve in all future releases.

Overall good, but overpriced for this quality. Still there is some space to improve.

Back