Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys.... sharing a close up shot using hp. Like the figure a lot. IMG_20160824_223151.jpg

I had some more time to play around with him last night. I really like this figure a lot.

I had some issues with some stuff though....

I popped the head off to try out the scarf and put the bag over his shoulder and the whole lower neck piece came out with the head and was super hard to get back under the rubberized neck thing. I would highly recommend just pulling the scarf under the beard/hair and not pulling the head off.

The glue on my sword belt was nearly nonexistent, when I went to put the scabbard in the loops, the belt buckle just came off so I had to untwist/fasten the whole thing, glue it back together and then redo the belt. Annoying but not terrible. The loops are all too big for the scabbard though so it keeps dropping through the loops onto my desk. For right now I have him holding the hilt so that it stays in position, I am going to have to try to glue them tighter or something.

The glue also popped on the part of the stand that holds the crotch grabber wire pieces so they split out the sides of it... never had that happen before.

I also noticed that all three of my staffs are pretty soft flexible rubber and all have a slight arch to them from sitting with the base of the stone bridge thing under them in the packaging. I have them laying under some books today while I am at work to see if they can straighten out a bit.

I also have the bald spots that others have shown but mine seems way less noticeable because they painted the underlying head gray like the hair and it is better combed/separated than others have shown. They definitely went too light on the hair but the way I have it styled right now works without the hat on.

I have to say, despite these minor issues, this guy is great. The sculpt looks so much better than anything we saw as previews now that it is in hand. The hair, while thin, really nails Gandalf's look. The hat, the clothes, the accessories are all really top notch stuff. He fills a huge hole in my collection to say the least. Gandalf is easily one of my favorite characters from any book/film series ever..... equal parts endearing, fierce, frustrating, and wise.

20160825_063758.jpg
20160825_063821.jpg
20160825_063808.jpg
20160825_063831.jpg

I haven't taken my scarf out yet. I like it though I think it looks good.

Great pictures by everyone :clap
My Gandalf is on the way and they are making me more excited and the wait harder.
Am I the only one that wants Asmus to do Radigast next? I think the three wizards together would make an amazing display.

Bob

Great pictures by everyone :clap
My Gandalf is on the way and they are making me more excited and the wait harder.
Am I the only one that wants Asmus to do Radigast next? I think the three wizards together would make an amazing display.

Bob
Holy smokes! I hadn't even thought of that! Great idea! And Gandalf the white 2.0

Those of you who have this Gandalf already: are his ankles super-loose like the one Michael Crawford reviewed, or did MWC just get a dud? I HATE figures that have really loose ankle joints, so I'm concerned...

Back