Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...when threads are still in the 'discovery' state for some, but well into the 'anticipation' state for me.... When they get bumped I'm expecting an update, but alas...

My bad.

I'll pay restitution for my misplaced attention grab. Found this guy the other day on Etsy, not sure if he is well known around the freaks. Purchased a few of his pieces for my DC and Marvel figures, but he is doing LOTR/Hobbit items now.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/228496162/the-lord-of-the-rings-middle-earth-map-1?ref=pr_shop

The sculpt is very well done, likeness seems perfect to me. Just one tip Asmus: use grey lawn for the costume, it's the best choice for long and layered robes like Gandalf's; I'm a custom artist and I can tell this is the best fabric for this kind of clothes.

The sculpt is very well done, likeness seems perfect to me. Just one tip Asmus: use grey lawn for the costume, it's the best choice for long and layered robes like Gandalf's; I'm a custom artist and I can tell this is the best fabric for this kind of clothes.

Good advice but I think Asmus will just use the cheapest fabric available.

I just hope he is one of the next they make. Old Greybeard is without a doubt officially my most anticipated figure across the board after seeing that head sculpt.

Not an update, but a mention from Asmus!

image.jpg

What is the expected price for this figure? Haven't had experience with asmus, how much are their figures usually?

I hope this version comes out with an awesome headsculpt. Wasn't too pleased with the White wizard Gandalf. Barely looked like the actor in my opinion. I still have high hopes for Asmus since they are getting better for every figure they come out with.

Cant wait to start building the fellowship. With Asmus improving with each figure I think we are in for a treat

So cool! sculpt looks great!.

I cant wait till you guys do Galadriel *wink* right, riiight!???

We are exhibiting a few first time appereance prototypes in STGCC,
so please stay tune, as I will keep updates until the date~

QQ??20150829125803.jpg

Back