Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair rooting and paint job was by Martin Hillier Customs. Very happy with how he turned out.
96ef5118c63f9356a13788802ecdf5cb.jpg
cbb97b5acb13a16123195c4af51830e6.jpg
7bfd9f7d348e097a49708a5f22f725c1.jpg

3d6e34f55ffa95aed2b6521331f63d23.jpg
35d3e07b988d17e9e4352d587d266af4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! You could also do double duty with this head and use it for gandalf the white once in awhile!

There’s a ****ing lot of nice people on this site but **** me, bunch of moody ****s here aren’t you. Got nothing better to do than bully toys on the internet? Go **** yourself you load of (what I’m assuming are) overweight sweaty virgins with enough smegma to fill a cheese board. Adios Sideshow Freaks.

Aaaannnnd ... :ignore:

... the list gets a little longer.

(RE: The original nasty poster, not the rest of you decent folks!)

Also, people understand that most of us were making jokes about the fact that Gandalf was IN the bathroom, not about the quality of the custom ... right?

Because if my joke was taken as a slam against the figure or the customizer, I apologize! I have nothing but respect for anyone with the guts to try their hand at customizing. I certainly don't have the necessary skills and wouldn't have the first clue what to do.

Last edited:
There’s a ****ing lot of nice people on this site but **** me, bunch of moody ****s here aren’t you. Got nothing better to do than bully toys on the internet? Go **** yourself you load of (what I’m assuming are) overweight sweaty virgins with enough smegma to fill a cheese board. Adios Sideshow Freaks.

You do know there was only one guy being an ass right? The rest of the comments were directed at him

Also, people understand that most of us were making jokes about the fact that Gandalf was IN the bathroom, not about the quality of the custom ... right?

Wow, I didn't even notice. Is the figure posed atop a toilet tank?

Taking nothing away from the hard work that went into customizing the figure.

You misunderstood. We were all responding to the guy who was a jerk to you mate. We have nothing but respect for you sharing your figure. I think it looks great actually.

Ah well. No good deed goes unpunished and all that...:lol

How far do you think they will go with this line? Depending on the success I reckon.
I’d like a Boromir-probably never happen but I think he would look so much better with rooted hair of this prototype quality.

How far do you think they will go with this line? Depending on the success I reckon.
I’d like a Boromir-probably never happen but I think he would look so much better with rooted hair of this prototype quality.

Aragorn... maybe a rooted hair Legolas... the four hobbitses do need an upgrade (Merry needs it badly, but you can't do just one hobbit)...

Gollum!

Gimli doesn't need it.

I guess if Aragorn gets a Crown version then Boromir can't be left out.

Arwen needs this upgrade.

I suppose, when making the decision which characters to do in the Crown Line, they have to balance which figure could be most improved by the upgrade and which characters customers are most likely to pay $350 for. I know I'm all in, but I'm not sure people would be lining up for Merry and Pippin at those prices. On the other hand, if they looked as good as Gandalf, I could see there being enough of a market for more than one Aragorn (Ranger and Black Gate). Either way, I'm actually pretty psyched for this line.

I suppose, when making the decision which characters to do in the Crown Line, they have to balance which figure could be most improved by the upgrade and which characters customers are most likely to pay $350 for. I know I'm all in, but I'm not sure people would be lining up for Merry and Pippin at those prices. On the other hand, if they looked as good as Gandalf, I could see there being enough of a market for more than one Aragorn (Ranger and Black Gate). Either way, I'm actually pretty psyched for this line.

Well, the SLIM versions went for 120-ish (?), so maybe Crown versions would be something like $225 or so. Maybe $250 max. Like it's relative to desirability/demand to some degree. Gandalf is the centerpiece of the collection so he''s going to command top dollar. Aragorn and Legolas would be comparable in price, I'd reckon. Some non-LotR collectors might be tempted to get just a Gandalf and not the whole line--but you're probably not going to see that with someone getting just Pippin! But anyway I should think hobbits' price should be less. Who knows how Asmus will set the price, though.

No I wouldn't expect any crown characters cheaper than 350. Maybe this is also price to get people hooked and then next few figures 400+ (which would also be justified if the quality holds)

Oh yeah, I'm expecting Crown Aragorn and Legolas to be same as Gandalf. Just saying hobbits might be comparatively less since they were cheaper originally. Again, because of demand/desirability. More collectors are interested in Aragorn than Merry.

They already said the Helms Deep Aragorn won't be a crown version so I'm guessing Helms Deep Legolas will be one?

I emailed them asking about gandalf's hat being blue versus grey (just curious) and they mentioned that as for the crown series, they aren't sure what will be next in the series after gandalf the grey, and the white.

So, i think the next one will be gandalf the white!

Back