Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I would LOVE for the show to look and feel like the LOTR trilogy. The world building is one of my favorite parts of those movies. But it's possible Amazon will have to start from scratch.

While I believe the show will be shooting in NZ, I don't believe Weta is involved. Not that I've read, anyway. So while the show may want to feel like an extension of the New Line/Warner Bros movies, there are legal reasons they may not be able to use the same designs that were created for those films. All the designs for clothing, armor, castles, creatures, etc. are property of NL/WB.

That said, it's possible they've made some kind of agreement that they just haven't told us about to use some of the same designs. That's what I'm hoping for. I believe John Howe may be involved with the show, the famed Tolkien illustrator who was one of the two main conceptual artists (along with Alan Lee) that worked on the Jackson movies. So that's a good sign. Fingers crossed...

John Howe is on board and the contract with Amazon includes the Tolkien estate, Harper Collins and New Line.

OK, back on track with talk of this figure. She looks wonderful, and since she comes with a pitcher, it only made sense to order direct from Asmus to get that exclusive piece that would complete the scene of he display in my collection

For those who pre-ordered, have any of you gotten an order number? All I've gotten from my end is a Paypal confirmation email (as that's what I used for the pre-order down payment).

My pre-order was exactly a week ago.

For those who pre-ordered, have any of you gotten an order number? All I've gotten from my end is a Paypal confirmation email (as that's what I used for the pre-order down payment).

My pre-order was exactly a week ago.

My email from asmus came about 10 hours later after ordering.

Asmus ? Any update on addition of a crown and cape ?

I don't think it's going to be altered. They already stated how difficult the creation of this figure was, and they knocked it out of the park. To go back and add anything else would greatly threaten what they've already made. Not to mention, the only feasible way to make a crown so delicately small that hugs her head so much would be to mold it on the sculpt, which would remove the rooted hair. This figure is clearly representing the scene where she asks Frodo to look into the mirror. It's perfect the way it is.

We are reviewing the cape and crown option,
it will depends on the sales,
like a kick start program, I think if we get enough orders, we might actually do it.

Xman1990 is referring to this post. Don?t shame him because of his curiosity.

Xman1990 is referring to this post. Don?t shame him because of his curiosity.

I didn't see Asmus's response, and my reply wasn't meant as a shaming to the individual. My intention was to state that it is highly doubtful they will alter the figure based on what Asmus has revealed and stated regarding the difficulty of designing this. However, if I were to stem from any negativity it would be that Asmus really goes above and beyond for it's fans and patrons. Maybe toss them a bone on the figure they have said was one of the hardest challenges for them yet. Then again, I missed their statement on investigating a crown and cape option, so I will say 'my bad'.

Asmus did say it will depend on orders, and as there seems to be a lot of interest in this figure.
I’m hoping this figure has enough interest to ensure they crown her.
As she looks absolutely fantastic.

Asmus did say it will depend on orders, and as there seems to be a lot of interest in this figure.
I’m hoping this figure has enough interest to ensure they crown her.
As she looks absolutely fantastic.

I'm with you. I personally like how sleek her hair looks while she's having the crown on her head. And of course the cape will add more royalty/regal look to her presence.
Asmus, if you're reading this, please do it for our Lady of Light. :)

Back