Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the main challenge with the crown that it may scratch the paint if not attached to the sculpt. So it is also a design and usability question, not only production cost.
Well, let's hope there may be some crown option one day.

Am I the only one who doesn?t give a **** that they didn?t include her crown?

Yeah, i get that it really completes the look, but they have added a cloak (and free for people who bought via their site), so i don?t know why people keep wanting more.

Yes, Asmus could have included a crown, but maybe that would have added $10, $20 or more to the price after the figure was solicited. Some folks would have been okay with that, but others would have been outraged. The fact that they threw in the cloak shows an above and beyond commitment to their collectors. I don?t understand why folks continue to complain. Maybe if Asmus were to offer a crown or portrait with crown separately that would make everyone happy. I?d certainly pick one up for $20 or so, or a 2nd Galadriel portrait with crown for $60 or so. Actually I think being able to upgrade figures with additional accessories, improved portraits, or rooted hair months or years after the initial figure purchase can be a big plus. For example I?d gladly pay $100+/ea. for upgraded Hobbit heads with rooted hair. Same for Legolas, Arwen, Theoden or Faramir. Similarly, if Asmus were to produce a new Saruman portrait with improved hair and rooted beard for $150 or so, I?d rather get that vs. a $400 Crown version.

Yes, Asmus could have included a crown, but maybe that would have added $10, $20 or more to the price after the figure was solicited. Some folks would have been okay with that, but others would have been outraged. The fact that they threw in the cloak shows an above and beyond commitment to their collectors. I don?t understand why folks continue to complain. Maybe if Asmus were to offer a crown or portrait with crown separately that would make everyone happy. I?d certainly pick one up for $20 or so, or a 2nd Galadriel portrait with crown for $60 or so. Actually I think being able to upgrade figures with additional accessories, improved portraits, or rooted hair months or years after the initial figure purchase can be a big plus. For example I?d gladly pay $100+/ea. for upgraded Hobbit heads with rooted hair. Same for Legolas, Arwen, Theoden or Faramir. Similarly, if Asmus were to produce a new Saruman portrait with improved hair and rooted beard for $150 or so, I?d rather get that vs. a $400 Crown version.

Completely agree with everything you said there. I think a lot more people would jump on that rather than try and sell older versions with accessories that may not feature on newer models, or keep 2 full figure versions. Seems too much. Updates would be a massive welcome on the sculpted hair/beard portraits!

I would of been OK with paying more for a Deluxe version or an accessory pack.

Hot Toys does it all the time. I remember the Infinity War Iron Man had an accessory pack that basically cost as much as a figure.

Well I’m not trying to be an ingrate since I am extremely excited and happy to have Elrond’s mother n law and Arwen’s grandmother on the shelf all together as a family. While I would enjoy a custom crown or later option I will likely display her with the mirror and therefore both the cloak and a crown would be unnecessary and screen inaccurate. I can always hope for a Hobbit Galadriel down the line. Or even if I dare say it, a Second Age Galadriel from the upcoming show. I’m dreaming of elves lol.

I myself am not complaining that Asmus didn't give us the crown, I only hope that someone here will make a custom crown for Lady Galadriel that will be available for us to buy, and complete this figure. :)

All you early orderers came out on top! I want the Galadriel exclusive with the altar, and $210 was a great price. But I guess I waited too long. Now that they threw in the cloak, they've raised the price to $235. As someone who doesn't care about the cloak, it's now a bitter pill to swallow that I have to pay $25 more, when all I wanted was the original figure and altar for $210. I know they can't please everyone and most people are excited about the cloak. But with the increase in price, I'm now on the fence about just going with the regular edition. I envy all of you getting the altar AND cloak for the original $210!

I didn’t realize they raised the price after the cloak was added. I preordered the Deluxe as soon as it was solicited so I guess that price is locked. I didn’t care about the cloak one way or the other. But considering that the cloak added $25 to the price the crown would a probably add at least that much. So then you’ve got a $260 figure. Some collectors might have been priced out, and a lot of folks would have been up in arms. That’s why upgrade accessory packs could be a good way to go. Sure, some people would still complain about “double dipping”, but as long as the base figure looks good and doesn’t come across as stripped down I think most collectors would be perfectly fine with it.

All you early orderers came out on top! I want the Galadriel exclusive with the altar, and $210 was a great price. But I guess I waited too long. Now that they threw in the cloak, they've raised the price to $235. As someone who doesn't care about the cloak, it's now a bitter pill to swallow that I have to pay $25 more, when all I wanted was the original figure and altar for $210. I know they can't please everyone and most people are excited about the cloak. But with the increase in price, I'm now on the fence about just going with the regular edition. I envy all of you getting the altar AND cloak for the original $210!

Yeah, it's like late order people like me are subsidizing folks - to a degree - :pfft: who ordered immediately. Not cool.

When HT threw in an extra hand for Bucky - TWS version - at the last minute, u didn't pay for that.

Not sure how much I will pay, as I payed 20 usd, and the price was 210. But I am still to be charged the remaining part, and who knows what it will be (I suppose they will stick to the price that was there during the deposit payment, but who knows). :)
Will see.

Not sure how much I will pay, as I payed 20 usd, and the price was 210. But I am still to be charged the remaining part, and who knows what it will be (I suppose they will stick to the price that was there during the deposit payment, but who knows). :)
Will see.

Mine says I?ve got $190 to pay ... they should honour that.

Yes. But I do not remember them changing pre-order price, ever. They do raise prices on available figures, like Saruman, or Hobbits, or Grishnakh.

Well I?m not trying to be an ingrate since I am extremely excited and happy to have Elrond?s mother n law and Arwen?s grandmother on the shelf all together as a family. While I would enjoy a custom crown or later option I will likely display her with the mirror and therefore both the cloak and a crown would be unnecessary and screen inaccurate. I can always hope for a Hobbit Galadriel down the line. Or even if I dare say it, a Second Age Galadriel from the upcoming show. I?m dreaming of elves lol.

Yep...well hopefully Asmus won?t waste any time or resources on figures from a TV show that may or may not be any good and has nothing to do with these amazing films from a production standpoint. It would be a tragedy to get random TV show figures when there is still no Sauron, Gollum...or tons of other great characters from Peter Jackson?s films. No offense to Amazon I don?t think Asmus should make figures from the Ralph Bakshi animated movie form the seventies either.

a2e68f12e640971ef9acee70d04ab143.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isildur?

Elf Warrior?

Orc warrior?

SAURON?

(Oh, god, please say it's Sauron!)

Elendil and Gil-Gilad maybe didn't get enough screen time to merit figures ...? (NOTE: I'm not saying they aren't important characters to Middle Earth history or the books, just that didn't figure into the movies very much.)

Last edited:
Sauron i assume. Probably time they made him tbh. They?ve done all the fellowship and female characters by now so....

Prologue Elves.Ahhh I can dream.

With the word "big" in there,I assume it will be Sauron.

Elendil would be another good choice as you could pair him with current Elrond.

Back