Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys,
My boss has offered a solution to fix this,
we will ship EVERYONE who bought an Expansion Frodo head another new copy.

FREE of charge, (no shipping, nothing, for free)

We will announce it in the next couple days.

Lets put this shxt behind us and move forward.
Now that's awesome, guys.

d71b6a83b399452519b0bb3a96164d48.gif

Thanks for deciding to solve this problem in favour of your customers and fans. :)

Ok guys,

WOW! That's absolutely awesome of you, Asmus!

I do hope when you say Expansion Frodo head that you also include the new Slim Frodo head (which is what I got).

First off, thank you, Asmus!! Truly, doing all this for the sake of your customers' happiness is admirable, and I have no doubt everyone appreciates this immensely (myself included!).

I would like to ask for clarity about your post, however: will you only be sending these heads (and will they have the bright blue eyes of the first batch?) to only the people that bought your expansion packs, or will you also be sending them to those that bought the full figure, with the dark eyes?

And lovely choice of gif, TräshCät!

Wasn't expecting this from Asmus, but it is greatly appreciated. I've been lurking for the most part, and was planning to just swallow the paint issue. But, with this announcement, I'm keeping an eye out for this thread for any updates.

And THANK YOU Asmus, for this gesture.

Wow. This is above and beyond.

I was fine with the replacement head (dark eyes and all), but I certainly won't say no to one with a pair of nice, bright baby blues.

So THANK YOU, Asmus. This is amazing.

Something I've been wondering ... how many expansion packs were actually made and sold? Dozens? Hundreds? A thousand? I would bet it's not a huge number.

First off, thank you, Asmus!! Truly, doing all this for the sake of your customers' happiness is admirable, and I have no doubt everyone appreciates this immensely (myself included!).

I would like to ask for clarity about your post, however: will you only be sending these heads (and will they have the bright blue eyes of the first batch?) to only the people that bought your expansion packs, or will you also be sending them to those that bought the full figure, with the dark eyes?

And lovely choice of gif, TräshCät!
Right? Even in that tiny gif his big blue eyes are just unbelievable. ^^ I do kinda regret not using this one here so I'll just leave it here now.

It's when he hears they're gonna send replacement Frodo heads and they'll (hopefully) have blue eyes as they should have. :)

giphy.gif

Ok guys,

I'm just shaking my head. Who does this? Gotta hand it to Asmus.

I actually bought a first batch slim Frodo from ebay just so I would have the proper paint job. So now I'll have two Frodo figures and two additional heads.

Holy crap! This is unexpected. Asmus you constantly have me on and off the fence. Thank you for fixing the issue. Much respect.

Thanks Asmus, you’ve said all along that this LotR line is for the fans and again you go out of your way to prove this[emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious to how this will work... will Asmus be contacting us, or do we need to send photos in or something?

Asmus -- just to clarify because I'm paranoid: you mentioned the Expansion head would be replaced, does that also include the same v2 head on the Slim?

This is an unheard of level of commitment to your customers. As as an expansion pack buyer, I can’t thank you enough, but as has been stated, the new version of Slims need love too. I know pleasing everyone is hard, but the fact that this was changed mid production kind of only makes it right. Regardless, my faith in Asmus is restored and hopefully in the future we can have more transparency if things change mid-run to avoid this again.

Ok guys,

I will ask them to keep updating the paint application and post here if possible.

I'm curious to how this will work... will Asmus be contacting us, or do we need to send photos in or something?

Asmus -- just to clarify because I'm paranoid: you mentioned the Expansion head would be replaced, does that also include the same v2 head on the Slim?
Sounds like they are replacing ALL of those expansion heads. No mention of Slim V2...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is absolutely unprecedented Asmus. Bigger players should (but won't) learn from you.

Congratulations, because you have seen the right path into the future of this industry: staying in constant touch with buyers and really caring about their satisfaction (and acknowledging mistakes!).

I also want to send a big ******** to those who have harshly criticized, derided and mocked me (you know who you are) for my proposing that we unite in one voice and complain to manufacturers when we find issues in their figures or in their ways. You see now what such a united expression might bring about. Just because Asmus is extremely receptive, much more than any other player in the industry, we haven't even had to actually complain. We have only cried, nonetheless our tears have had an impact. I say, if we managed the funnel our common discontents with, e.g., puzzling inaccuracies on a very expensive Han Solo in Carbonite figure, same results might be attained, even with deaf giants such as HT or SSC.

Back to the subject matter: I POed V1 Frodo and Sam back in the day with www.dendenhobby.com. They let me stranded, allegedly because not enough people had POed with them (they gave my a full refund, btw). Then along came the SLIMs, which I missed financially, then the V2 SLIMs and Expansion Packs, which I though might be my final fix. But nope. In came the eye/skin/hair issues on Frodo, and the 5 o'clock problem on Sam. In an exercise in futility, I have been asking Chinese sellers all around eBay to send me pics of their SLIMS, which none has done of course. Gotta try though.

So, the whole Frodo/Sam issue has been a long nightmare to me, which might be ending tonight........................

Asmus, I have doubts in my mind that need clearing up, so just as others before me, I'd like to pose you some questions:

1) You say you are fixing Frodo, but Sam seems to have a 5 o'clock chin beard problem too. Will you be fixing Sam too? You know, Samwise had no beard on LOTR.......

2) What exactly are you going to fix on Frodo? Eyes back to full blue? Hair back to the original? Skin back to rosy? Hands too? And feet and neck?

3) For those of us who haven't been able to grab any of the previous releases, will you be releasing a fixed version of SLIM Frodo and Sam on your online shop?

4) Any idea when this is going to happen?

Thanks Asmus. This is amazing.

Best,
m.

Ok guys,

Back