Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, since we known that expansion pack have the new painting i have started to search for the first slim... i missed two set (one for a change of idea of the seller, the other because thinking that i already have a deal i refused... and was sold before i contacted the seller again)... so i've tried to contact all china sellers on ebay asking if theiy had their Frodo stock before last month (last batch was released in late april, beginng of may)... one of them replied that they can exactly remember when it arrived, but sure it was before of may. I asked to open one of them and take a picture and boom
View attachment 410576 solid blue eyes... a bit pricey 160 usd shipped, but i prefer to buy it know that i had the possibility and in case sold my first batch with the expansion... they still have other set
Yeah $160 doesn't sound too bad considering these will skyrocket in price in the future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah $160 doesn't sound too bad considering these will skyrocket in price in the future.

I don't think that these first batch will increase their price very much... asmus have not a lot of fans out there... and this smart move sure will not help. All people that have bought expansion pack (like me) are very upset... paid before first slim batch, produced many months after and with an inferior paint job... the strange things is that while frodo paint is poorer in all ways (rough eye decals, sloppy hair paint, paler face lacking skin texture etc etc) sam seems almost unaffected... or at least the changes are not so evident than frodo...

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

I don't think that these first batch will increase their price very much... asmus have not a lot of fans out there... and this smart move sure will not help. All people that have bought expansion pack (like me) are very upset... paid before first slim batch, produced many months after and with an inferior paint job... the strange things is that while frodo paint is poorer in all ways (rough eye decals, sloppy hair paint, paler face lacking skin texture etc etc) sam seems almost unaffected... or at least the changes are not so evident than frodo...

Have you seen the prices of Gandalf on eBay?

Samwise Gamgee

*Originally Posted by*ghilbertit*

ok, since we known that expansion pack have the new painting i have started to search for the first slim... i missed two set (one for a change of idea of the seller, the other because thinking that i already have a deal i refused... and was sold before i contacted the seller again)... so i've tried to contact all china sellers on ebay asking if theiy had received their Frodo stock before last month (last batch was released in late april, beginng of may)... one of them replied that they can exactly remember when it arrived, but sure it was before of may. I asked to open one of them and take a picture and boom

s-l1600.jpgsolid blue eyes... a bit pricey 160 usd shipped, but i prefer to buy it know that i had the possibility and in case sold my first batch with the expansion... they still have other set avaible...

They sell frodo and sam together or you can buy only frodo?

I have contacted this guy in the States:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-STOCK-1...775968?hash=item466f1b60e0:g:mK8AAOSwxixZ-4a5

His are perfect, both Frodo and Sam. If any of you is based in the States, this is your best option. Negotiable price, free shipping.
They are extra-nice. Ask for pics, they'll send them to you.

Regards,
m.

Thanks for the heads up. I just bit the bullet and ordered since I was originally thinking of having two complete figures anyway.

This was a bad move on Asmus's part because it punished the customers who ordered the original versions in spite of the complaints about the sculpts. I wonder if the very long delay in shipping the expansion sets was because Asmus hesitated whether to ship them as is or not.

With so many dissatisfied customers, I do wonder how Asmus will respond satisfactorily.

Again, this new paint scheme was their "choice" but I hope they recognize that it is not representative of the character and will allow people to return this "defective" paint scheme at their expense.

Otherwise, the last figure I purchase directly from them sight-unseen will be Gimli... and only because I've already ordered Gimli.

Did you buy from the Chinese guy?
Any problem thus far?
m.

Thanks for the heads up. I just bit the bullet and ordered since I was originally thinking of having two complete figures anyway.

This was a bad move on Asmus's part because it punished the customers who ordered the original versions in spite of the complaints about the sculpts. I wonder if the very long delay in shipping the expansion sets was because Asmus hesitated whether to ship them as is or not.

This is the first time i buy from this chinese seller, but he has almost 100% positive feedback and allow 30 days return policy... in addiction he was the only one kind enough to open the doll and send me a picture...

Did you buy from the Chinese guy?
Any problem thus far?
m.

No, I just bought one of the sets from the ebay seller you recommended in Brooklyn, though I did ask for a pic after I purchased them (not received yet).

Will probably order a Slim Merry and Pippin, too. That way I can display the hobbits leaving Shire or in the Wild with Strider (since I have both an original and a Slim Aragorn) in addition to a a full Fellowship line up.

I hope you bought from them directly, as they have an online shop, with 10% savings and Paypal protection.
You should also have asked for the pics before buying, but hey: I already did. Both figures were OK.
Enjoy.
Regards,
m.

No, I just bought one of the sets from the ebay seller you recommended in Brooklyn, though I did ask for a pic after I purchased them (not received yet).

Will probably order a Slim Merry and Pippin, too. That way I can display the hobbits leaving Shire or in the Wild with Strider (since I have both an original and a Slim Aragorn) in addition to a a full Fellowship line up.

Did you buy your set recently?
m.

This is the first time i buy from this chinese seller, but he has almost 100% positive feedback and allow 30 days return policy... in addiction he was the only one kind enough to open the doll and send me a picture...

I hope you bought from them directly, as they have an online shop, with 10% savings and Paypal protection.
You should also have asked for the pics before buying, but hey: I already did. Both figures were OK.
Enjoy.
Regards,
m.

Well, they only had two sets left and I didn't want to take any chances. Worst case scenario is that I have to return them but you seemed pretty confident in recommending them. I wonder if they'll actually send me pics from my actual set or just use the same ones they sent you.

Update: pics received. They say they double checked all the ones they have to ensure that Frodo has blue eyes so buy with confidence. frodo.jpgsam.jpg

Otherwise, the last figure I purchase directly from them sight-unseen will be Gimli... and only because I've already ordered Gimli.

I’m with you there. How can they deem this acceptable when it seems like everyone who purchased the expansion pack is unhappy?

With so many dissatisfied customers, I do wonder how Asmus will respond satisfactorily.

I’m the same. Gimli is the last figure I’m ordering directly from them without seeing the product...

Back