Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No rings on hands in the box, I’m afraid.
But.....he’s fantastic! Well done , Asmus. And he lifts the Sam sculpt as well. Haven’t attached Sting yet, but it’s terrific too. Highly recommend these two!
7979e17fca6fc49cc502797ea5c3d52e.jpg
cf5dc54d77f37c7e0163ea71c18b8d4d.jpg
93796293c4f51bb87f01123f55c6855c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, no, wasn't meant angry in any way. Was just suggesting. I never saw anything that gave me an expectation of extra rings. Can't speak for the old original pack.

I know man, you rarely get angry! I’m just used to reading in an angry overtone thanks to the facebooks.

No rings on hands in the box, I’m afraid.
But.....he’s fantastic! Well done , Asmus. And he lifts the Sam sculpt as well. Haven’t attached Sting yet, but it’s terrific too. Highly recommend these two!
7979e17fca6fc49cc502797ea5c3d52e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for your reply!

And I agree... this Frodo is fantastic. So glad Asmus got this CORE character SO right.

I'm hoping that Bilbo turns out this great!

That is not their plan. They've already said there wouldn't be a Legolas 2.0.

I can’t see any reason for a 2.0 Boromir. Maybe a different version later on like in Gondorian armor. I could see a 2.0 Morgul Lord, Nazgul and Gandalf the White and there are rumors of a slim Gandalf but those are the only ones I can think of a possibilities. I wouldn’t mind an Eowyn in her white Rohan dress not really a pure 2.0 but I am not holding my breath.

Can't see Asmus doing another version of Fellowship Boromir but could easily see a "Captain of Gondor" version down the line. It'd be a good chance for those who wanted both sculpted and rooted hair versions to get them and would provide most of a generic Gondor armor set (Boromir's armor seems to be the standard Gondorian plate minus the waist skirt).

Ultimately, I think the only reason Asmus would or would not do 2.0 versions of any character would be perceived fan demand (or lack of it).

My Frodo & Sam just arrived, Frodo's faceplate is unattached to the rest of the head though. Anyone else experienced this? Glued it back on. Never had this happen before.

Amazing likenesses of both character's.

Last edited:
Back