Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus was kind enough to send me photos of the Frodo I would be getting if I allowed my order to continue forward - is this the good or bad paint batch?

B566CD7C-C6C5-4F8F-AF50-FD20CD24B235.jpg

Asmus was kind enough to send me photos of the Frodo I would be getting if I allowed my order to continue forward - is this the good or bad paint batch?

View attachment 462293

Well, the eyes are now blue again instead of dark green, but they have that terrible star pattern and the skin still looks very pale like the 2nd version headsculpt.

Man, those 1st version Frodo heads must be so highly sought now.

They messed up the second batch of Slim Frodos which resulted in sub-par paint on the face, hair and green eyes instead of blue. You are best trying to get one from Ebay and ask the seller to show you the face before you buy it. Asmus offered a replacement head to those who got the bad version but nothing has been confirmed yet.

*edit* found this photo in the Frodo and Sam thread. The drop in quality from the first release (left) to the second (right) is night and day. Right version looks like an old Hasbro doll.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
4539e3e21c734671418edf5c195e797a.jpg

Well, the eyes are now blue again instead of dark green, but they have that terrible star pattern and the skin still looks very pale like the 2nd version headsculpt.

Man, those 1st version Frodo heads must be so highly sought now.

Yeah man I'm really happy that I was able to snag a V1 of that new head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yikes, that's not much of an improvement. Frodo was supposed to be rosy cheeked and full of life at the start of Fellowship. V1 Slim nailed that look perfectly so I simply cannot fathom the artistic reasoning behind the pale and starry-eyed paint job on V2 and now V3.

I'd be totally up for a pale, dour and weather beaten Frodo of TTT and ROTK but let's keep him looking healthy for this version at least!fi-landscape-lord-of-the-rings-things-about-frodo-baggins-1 (1).jpgFrodo_Baggins2.jpg

Thanks, everyone, for the input. I wonder why they fixed the eye color but that weird over the top starburst pattern remained. I’m so disappointed. I really want one to go with my Crown Gandalf, and now was the perfect time to buy one since i haven’t got anything else new shipping for a couple of months. Hoping somehow something works out...

Thanks, everyone, for the input. I wonder why they fixed the eye color but that weird over the top starburst pattern remained. I’m so disappointed. I really want one to go with my Crown Gandalf, and now was the perfect time to buy one since i haven’t got anything else new shipping for a couple of months. Hoping somehow something works out...
Someone is selling a V1 Slim on Ebay.co.uk at the moment. It's £140 here but might be more with postage and fees if you are elsewhere in the world.

At this point, perhaps its worth the wait for the Crown Frodo version.

Had I known what I was getting when I ordered the original Slim Frodo, I never would have ordered.

Someone is selling a V1 Slim on Ebay.co.uk at the moment. It's £140 here but might be more with postage and fees if you are elsewhere in the world.

Oh thanks. Could you please link me to it?
EDIT: Found it!

At this point, perhaps its worth the wait for the Crown Frodo version.

Had I known what I was getting when I ordered the original Slim Frodo, I never would have ordered.

Do you think they’ll do a Crown Frodo? I’ve only heard about Gandalf and then an Aragorn being in the works.

I definitely feel sorry for those that missed out on version 1. The difference in paint apps is huge.

My guess is that they switched factories after the initial batch order was completed. Most likely the original factory was tied up with other projects and the wait would have been too long.

I definitely feel sorry for those that missed out on version 1. The difference in paint apps is huge.

My guess is that they switched factories after the initial batch order was completed. Most likely the original factory was tied up with other projects and the wait would have been too long.

I’m just going to keep my eyes open for a V1 that ships to the states, I guess! The one on eBay is only shipping to the UK. :(

Great pic. Love the green moss on the dark earth. Really captures that Middle Earth vibe.

Looks like the scene where they have left the Shire and hear the Elves coming.

Back