Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the experts: what were the major differences in clothes or accessories (leaving heads aside) between the original release and the first slim version? I know that Sam lost one pouch (right?), but e.g. were the swords on slim Frodo and Sam made of metal instead of the original plastic? Anything else?

Thanks again,
m.

Question for the experts: what were the major differences in clothes or accessories (leaving heads aside) between the original release and the first slim version? I know that Sam lost one pouch (right?), but e.g. were the swords on slim Frodo and Sam made of metal instead of the original plastic? Anything else?

Thanks again,
m.

I should know the answer to this off the top of my head. I feel like I could have recited them off just a few weeks ago but it’s left me. I will need to go back and look but I want to say the slim only came with one of the cloaks and Frodo’s sword is metal in the slim. The belt might have changed but I can’t remember for sure. I think those were the only differences for Frodo. Maybe the Mithril shirt. That might have come with the original. Again it’s been a while since I have compared.

I have Frodo SLIM and I would love to have a mithril shirt for him. Does the Bilbo figure come with one?

I have Frodo SLIM and I would love to have a mithril shirt for him. Does the Bilbo figure come with one?
Unfortunately not. I'd love one too. Frodo is not complete without it!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I should know the answer to this off the top of my head. I feel like I could have recited them off just a few weeks ago but it’s left me. I will need to go back and look but I want to say the slim only came with one of the cloaks and Frodo’s sword is metal in the slim. The belt might have changed but I can’t remember for sure. I think those were the only differences for Frodo. Maybe the Mithril shirt. That might have come with the original. Again it’s been a while since I have compared.

I see. Did Sam come with a metal sword? Do you really mean that in the original version Frodo came with 2 capes....?
Thanks superdoug. Let us know what the rest of the differences was.
Best,
m.

We bought a water feature for our backyard. Before we filled it up for the waterfalls I decided I needed this shot. Fellowship2.jpg

Mr Asmus...? Hi....?
m.

That's so great Mr. Asmus!!!

Any specs to the design of the heads that you can already give us? For instance:

0) New head for Frodo AND Sam, or only Frodo? Will these new heads be available loose, like Aragorn's rooted one? Do they feature new sculpts?

1) There have been 3 versions of Frodo/Sam thus far, each one with different skin tones on the face, which I guess should match that on the neck, hands and feet. That forces me to ask: these new heads wil match the skin colour of WHICH version?

2) Rooted hair? Doubly articulated neck?

3) Correct eye colour this time? No 5 o'clock shadow on Sam? Good paintjob on Frodo's hair? (if not rooted)

4) For those who have the original release, with neckless bodies, will you include a neck with each head, just in case?

5) Any price estimation?

Thanks a lot!
m.

Back