Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 100 bucks he's not bad but compared to V1, its night and day. Not sure which page but if you go back, someone posted a comparison of the two.

I just grabbed this slim v2 from BBTS, I'm a bit late to the party here. I didn't realize there's a possibility of another version with a better painted head? I only paid $100 and considering I've paid that much for Mezco One:12 and SH Figuart figures, I'm pretty pleased with this. Yea, these eyes aren't blue enough but for the price this is one of my favorite additions to my collection.

o5QlD3S.jpg

Nice Pic! I just ordered mine from there also just recently. Should have mine next week.

I also put in an order for slim Frodo as stock is getting low in many places (at least stateside). I was really hoping we’d hear something on a blue eyed/rosy cheeked fix but I don’t want to chance missing it entirely.

I mean we all know how long GtW’s replacement has been coming now... I expect this to be ‘in the works’ for a long time as well

Yeah, I waited and waited also.
But I'm getting this as a Xmas present, and I also didnt really want to take a chance of waiting and missing out and end up having to pay Hot Toys price for Frodo.
Hopefully the eyes wont bother me, but if it does, I could repaint it, as I really dont mind modding my figures on things that bother me.

I agree with most that the eyes need to be more blue, and that a bit of blush on the nose and or cheeks would add realism, but for $100? If this was $150 or Hot Toys price like $220 for sure I'd be griping about inaccuracies and more life like paint apps, but for the cost, I just can't really gripe too much. Now I really think I'll have to get Sam, it's too bad Bilbo is priced like Hot Toys. At tit's current price I'm almost tempted to get another one to customize with some dirt weathering to the head, clothes and feet. I know I'd botch repainting the eyes.

My daughter got me Frodo for Christmas. While he is a little pale it works for how he looked the longer he carried the ring.Frodo1.jpg

matmurdock,
how big is the difference between face, hand and feet? All equally pale? Or are they different?
Thanks,
m.

They all seem to be the same colour of paleness. It seems like they were trying for a more of later Two Towers or ROTK type skin tone for him.

I was fearing exactly that.
So: you buy their V2, they eventually release the do-it-all, be-it-all of head sculpts as extra, you switch heads... and every other patch of visible skin looks awfully different. And all after paying 4 heads in total.
Am I wrong guys?
m.

They all seem to be the same colour of paleness. It seems like they were trying for a more of later Two Towers or ROTK type skin tone for him.

I was fearing exactly that.
So: you buy their V2, they eventually release the do-it-all, be-it-all of head sculpts as extra, you switch heads... and every other patch of visible skin looks awfully different. And all after paying 4 heads in total.
Am I wrong guys?
m.

Well I have got this one and not any of the others. I am fine with how he looks. I researched the crap out of the figure before I got it and knew aboot the pale look. He has worked well with all the shots I have taken with him. Even IF they did release one I won't be buying a second one.

Got my late Xmas present. lol
I love it.
A beautiful figure, and a steal for a little over $100.

Pretty much, I agree with what is already said. Sure, the eyes could have been lighter.
But for me personally, its just a nitpick.
Surprisingly, it doesnt bother me much.
I repainted the eyes on my Neca Smeagol cause that one, the cheap paintjob on eyes brought it down from being actually
almost a Hot Toys quality figure.

The eyes on Frodo though is well done, just pretty dark.
for the moment, I'm actually ok. Probably wont bother repainting it.

I do love the figure very much. The clothing, the overall quality of the figure looks amazing.

q43lhRf.jpg

IHMxW7U.jpg

fvOenDm.jpg

Cewdppt.jpg

p0P7MrM.jpg

9iSQ1FG.jpg

Great pics and setup! Actually, looking at them, it doesn’t look bad for a TTT/RotK type Frodo where he’s getting a bit paler.

I got mine in from bbts just yesterday as well, but I won’t have any time to open him until the weekend. Those pics are gonna make it harder to wait!

Also ignore my now deleted previous post about stock at bbts, it seems they found some more (seems to happen now and then)

^ Excellent pics! :clap :rock

Yes, very cool display, thanks for sharing !

Thanks guys. :)

Great pics and setup! Actually, looking at them, it doesn’t look bad for a TTT/RotK type Frodo where he’s getting a bit paler.

I got mine in from bbts just yesterday as well, but I won’t have any time to open him until the weekend. Those pics are gonna make it harder to wait!

Also ignore my now deleted previous post about stock at bbts, it seems they found some more (seems to happen now and then)

I'm so glad I did check bbts, I almost ordered on ebay.
Its going north of $150 there plus coming from China.

I'm sure you'll love yours once you get to open it this weekend.

Excellent pics Remy! [emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Are you on Instagram? If so do you mind me sharing them on there? I'll give you credit!
Let me know!

Got my late Xmas present. lol
I love it.
A beautiful figure, and a steal for a little over $100.

Pretty much, I agree with what is already said. Sure, the eyes could have been lighter.
But for me personally, its just a nitpick.
Surprisingly, it doesnt bother me much.
I repainted the eyes on my Neca Smeagol cause that one, the cheap paintjob on eyes brought it down from being actually
almost a Hot Toys quality figure.

The eyes on Frodo though is well done, just pretty dark.
for the moment, I'm actually ok. Probably wont bother repainting it.

I do love the figure very much. The clothing, the overall quality of the figure looks amazing.

q43lhRf.jpg

IHMxW7U.jpg

fvOenDm.jpg

Cewdppt.jpg

p0P7MrM.jpg

9iSQ1FG.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back