Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look wonderful. I hate to say anything negative about it but is the head sitting a little high? Any chance we can see more pics of Aragorn as well?
Here are a few more of Aragorn. And thanks yeah the head can be pushed down a bit more as it is on a magnet.
78e110b3eb81bd7e408cc9791f6cf51a.jpg
6f578d3c845037ff76d0b8c5cf0e26e2.jpg
32d370139f309faf3cedfb559a6936c1.jpg
8942c2499a60f98b8102455a7695fbdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow. I'm blown away by the attention to detail on both those. Thanks for sharing! I need to find someone to do that to my 4 hobbits.

As always, that's crazy, incredible work by Jake. I don't think people can truly appreciate the near-microscopic artwork and just what it entails by these macro pictures. Jake's got to have some serious magno-goggles, that's for sure... and a surgeon's steady hand.

I recently tried to repaint an eye myself and for the life of me I couldn't get it to look much better than a brown raisin.

Disgraceful.

That would be unfortunate after Asmus came here and announced that the heads would be replaced.

As many of you know, I have long been a big advocate of Asmus since the very beginning in 2013... but this Frodo situation has me puzzled and very disappointed.

Asmus comes here often to post yet deliberately avoids the questions about the Frodo head.

I have sent a couple emails since the beginning inquiring to him directly -- and he has always been gracious enough to respond -- but in this situation I have not heard a word from him about Frodo.

The silence on this has deflated my passion and support for Asmus. I have to admit, I feel cheated by false advertising...

I now know how the Gandalf and Tauriel people feel...

I am sure that if we keep asking, we will get the head replacements. And remember people: in answering my email from last week, Rola only seems to rule out whole figure re-releases, not head replacements. BUT again: those of you who already bought a head replacement, will buy another one?? What if Asmus screws up again big time????

To those who are lucky enough to own a Frodo/Sam pair from the first Slim batch, are there any issues with them? Color skins ok, also the hands? Any issue with the hair?, 5 o'clock shadow anywhere?

Thanks,
m.

I am sure that if we keep asking, we will get the head replacements. And remember people: in answering my email from last week, Rola only seems to rule out whole figure re-releases, not head replacements. BUT again: those of you who already bought a head replacement, will buy another one?? What if Asmus screws up again big time????

To those who are lucky enough to own a Frodo/Sam pair from the first Slim batch, are there any issues with them? Color skins ok, also the hands? Any issue with the hair?, 5 o'clock shadow anywhere?

Thanks,
m.
Asmus haven't promised a replacement head for peoplo who have bought the expansion pack... but a full new figure if i remember well....

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Rola from Asmus responded with the following back in August when asked specifically about the replacement Frodo sculpts:

"We are still working out the details and will make an official announcement when we are ready."

I would be very pissed off if they go back on their word on sending out replacements. We supported Asmus with these expansion sets by purchasing them directly from them, with the expectation that they would be improvements. To have a small batch of them done right in the slim versions, but then the expansion sets and subsequent batches of the slim having less paint application is "disgraceful" as Wor-Gar has stated.

I really hope Asmus does the right thing here. If they had actually released the expansion set within the PayPal refund period (the release of it actually fell just outside the Paypal refund period), I would have put in a Paypal claim to get a refund. I really hope that timing was just a bad coincidence.

Can anybody elaborate a bit more as to the "Gandalf and Tauriel people" situation? GtW or GtG? What was the problem with Tauriel, besides the Barbie-ish-quality head?

Regarding Gandalf's head: dudez, don't you think the answer to that prayer is nothing but the upcoming GtG/GtW re-releases? That would be Asmus delivering on their promise, right? I already got rid of my bought-upon-release GtW/GtG (minus the cool unique stuff, which I retained! :) ), so I REALLY count on both of them happening and with a thorough overhaul, as hinted (sculpts, outfit, accessories, metal-everywhere, beards-and-all).

Superdoug, they really screwed up with the replacement heads. Big time. If another replacement head set has to be bought, there will be dudez around here that will have bought the same damned thing thrice! This whole situation would be as unheard of as sending replacement heads for free (only a lot lousier). But hey... didn't Asmus send replacement BODIES for free??? I got mine...!
Besides that, I agree that new whole-figure re-releases are not on the cards, but head replacements might yet be.

I also agree with ghilbertit on the build-an-orc issue: Asmus should get done with it as soon as possible via big releases, general-interest figures like Gimli that every fan will most certainly buy. Not finishing this line is a big mistake on Asmus' side, that's for sure.

Mr Asmus, if you are reading this, this would be about the right time to chime in...

Thanks again.
m.

Asmus haven't promised a replacement head for peoplo who have bought the expansion pack... but a full new figure if i remember well....

No. Only to send blue eyed Frodo head. Why give the whole figure?

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-U02 using Tapatalk

You are right... i misunderstand the 'new copy' on asmus reply... but they wrote 'details will be announced in a couple of days'... and since then... nothing...

Guys,
well... I have started off with the impossible mission of finding Slim V1 versions of these 2 guys. Any hint or offer will be more than welcome. Chinese guys on eBay seem not to be an option, so far.

Anyways, I am curious about what mods you customizing guys are performing on these dudes. Any preferred mod? Have any of you undertook hair rooting?

LMK!
Thank,
m.

Back