Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took the words out of my mouth….why not put 350 into a fully custom figure?

I seriously thought about offering up a brand new haired Henrietta, Linda rehairs, better weather, even alterations to accurize the base fairly cheap. The things is who would want to pay for the fig and just keep paying to alter it? I dont know. It's crazy what needs to be done to this.

1 - They have been held accountable. Over and over, to the point where a good majority of members on this forum and beyond, will now question anything from Asmus again. Including myself.
2 - I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you but this is not going to happen. If they were going to make anymore changes to the figure, they would've come out and said this by now.
3 - They have been cancelling orders and issuing refunds haven't they?
4 - Again, the figure completed production as is and its something you're going to have to live with or cancel and not live with. This will not change.
5 - Nobody, at least from what I have read, has really disagreed with the complaints made about the figure, only the fact that select few members here have continued to beat the dead horse over and over.
6 - See #5.
7 - See #5 and #1. The way you defeat them, is with your wallet - don't buy from them anymore. Nobody is forcing you to pay for poor products.

Like I said, I agree with the majority of what people have said about the figure, the problem is that it is what it is and we have to live with it. Whether we buy it or not. Whether we agree with the Asmus business model or not. I'm incredibly bummed out by this figure - I'm a huge Evil Dead fan. I was out of the collecting game for a really long time until I found out NECA got the Evil Dead license and I joined this forum because of it. We have to take what we can get, especially from the "other" brands.
--

The last time I was this active about a poor quality figure was the 1:6 Bettie Page figure by PHICEN/TBL/Executive Replicas. The responsibility was solely on Executive Replicas.

Like how Ash holds meaning to you, so did Bettie Page.

I'll leave it at that.

This thread should be closed at this point. How on earth are people debating if Asmus is going to repaint everything and have Pop Toys re-do the tailoring?

You guys are delusional.
Are they really? Wow - I need to go back and read previous post/pages, and wow to them. I wonder if they’d send me the retailered outfit as mines currently on the way 🤔

If you dont like it dont come into the thread. lol Pretty simple. I havent seen anything that outright deserves a lock or a ban. They're called opinions and they are infinite.
Don't like a figure....don't buy it and move on. Lol pretty simple....yet here we are...

I'd say this is probably true for me. And it's just fun to do. Whenever I see something I have a ticker in my head of the thing I'll fix because I think they're wrong and stuff I'll fix for my personal preference. I did the same here with Ash. My biggest hurdle now is the price. This is an expensive item, and there's a lot to fix that are legitimate problems.I appreciate Asmus coming on and trying to engage but if they're gonna hold orders back to fix Henrietta than they may as well fix a few other things as well.
Very valid concern, fully agree!

I don't really have anything to add beyond what I've previously stated in the thread, plus I've requested a cancelation, so I'm not even a customer anymore, but I don't see why the thread should be locked if paying customers (or even people who aren't buying it) want to discuss things about it. It's pretty obvious that a lot of the repeated questions to Asmus likely won't be answered, but there seems to be a lot of general discussion too that can easily be avoided by simply not visiting the thread if it's of no interest/annoys you (unless you thrive on being annoyed!).

So its ok to have a lot of issues in a figure because you can always custom it?
As a costumer yes, when i paid for X, i expect X, and sure, i expect some minor dowgrade, and im more than happy with many other figures that have it, but this time no, this is a totally different figure.
And more important, as a consuper i expect honesty and clear info, to decide if i want to keep the preorder or not.
Of course you should have expectations and as a consumer make your own decisions on if they are met!

I just feel like at this point, all the info needed to do so is clearly visible in the thread. It just feels like the conversation isn't going anywhere as of now really. I cancelled my order, based on the info found here and I'm pretty much done with this figure. Anyone who expects every single aspect of the figure to be remade or changed has unrealistic expectations.

Also yeah, I feel like most figures - because mass produced - have room for improvement. I have to fix things on like every other Hot Toys I buy. Not saying that's how it *should* be, but it's my mindset of trying to improve things by DIY.

I’ll be honest. I agree we’re most likely at the end of our initial campaign for accountability and improvement here. People are still going to post about how disappointed they are and whatever Asmus has been able to do to assuage potential buyers now, is pretty much the only tangible changes you should expect. It’s sad, I don’t have a 1/6 Ash…but I’m like 34 lol I’m hoping before I die there will be another chance. Either way, it’s been bliss to come to this page every day and see it grow like 10 pages a day 🤣 But with Asmus’ admittance of mistakes on things like the name spelling, at the very least an explanation for the lack of body slashes; the numerous short apologies for other things, the swapping out of Henrietta’s/rehairing on unreleased Henrietta’s, and the refund/cancelations. I think that if you’re still on the fence, there is no pleasing someone. I realized this myself, I’ve been on the fence the entire time but I’m getting off and canceling. I hope a message is sent and I hope everyone can be better for it.

Yeah, in all honesty I think we've done all that we can. For better or worse they have responded. Now it's really up to the collectors to follow their feelings on it and cancel or not.

I'm still on the fence about getting a standard and customizing it. It's just a matter of finding stuff for it..

If the endgame of continuing on with this is to get Asmus to make changes to the figure outside of the Henrietta hair, something tells me you guys won't reach it.
I know what you mean.. the track record with this company proven that we should not put our hopes high.
However, I would like to give them chance to maybe clean up their name, and maybe, I know the chances are so very slim, maybe we will see the light of this:
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.58.01.png

the end result can determine how asmus behave on this case:
1. they finally try to do the right thing by repainting Henrietta to prove what george (asmus' rep) said is true, that the pic is from one of the production pics, and we all get a win win. Asmus prove that they are not lying to us, and the collector gets henrietta with a good paintjob and hair.
2. They just ignore it like usual (most likely this is what will happen) and it's a solid proof of how they lied to the customer.

But there's no harm to try, right. :)

I think the endgame is to hold them accountable. Which we've succeeded in doing in some regards.
Yes we have.
Also, we get to know the reasoning behind what's happened. Such as the cutting corners that excluded the scratches on Ash's body. That info is now being spread on Facebook as well. It helps customer to understand what is happening, and if possible, for asmus to fix it. Applying 3 scratches of paint on the body, I think that is very doable.

This thread has been the most exciting read on this site for a damn long time- but it’s getting a bit tiresome now and is unlikely to bring anymore relevant developments until the second batch of luxuries are sent out.

I believe an important, first step battle has been won with Asmus acknowledging their mistakes (not all of them but they know they effed up big time) and are apparently now working to bring the product up to scratch.

So, until in-hand reviews of the next, supposedly rectified batch surface, the comments here will likely just repetitiously cycle through what we’ve already seen many times already.

I’m quite certainly not getting this any more because, even if Henrietta comes out like the proto and they decide to paint everything else properly and have PopToys do the tailoring, the head sculpt is just not working for me and the majority of Ash’s charm exudes from his face.
I can paint a 1/6 face pretty well but I don’t know if it’ll help with Ash.

In comparison to the old, dreadfully stock painted SSC Buffy figures; although the sculpts were basic, the likenesses were strongly apparent so you just knew that a quality paint job would bring out the best in them. That doesn’t seem to be the case here.
I agree with you.
If we keep repeating the complains, it will get nowhere as we already know how botched this release is.
That is why personally I am more interested into having a transparent discussion with asmus here regarding the situation and what they can do to handle or fix it.
The discussion here has helped us to know how messy the behind the scene of the production in asmus (cutting corners, etc), and maybe by having a proper discussion here, they can, or will learn from this terrible situation and improves their future products. It's a win for them and collectors if they do.

And I agree also about Ash's charm. That's what me and @Ryokosama discussed few pages back.
Ash's expression is the key to his character, and somehow this headsculpt missed it.
Buffy is a good example, I saw many repaints that brings the best from that sculpt. The likeness is great.

Wow, this thread really blew up didn't it....
last time I was here it looked like things were starting to calm down......

All I can say is: I hope those who are unhappy can get their money back; those who are keeping their orders understand why a lot of people are angry or disappointed; those who are perhaps a little more vocal in their outrage try not to direct their anger towards fellow collectors or allow justified anger to become a witch hunt; and I also hope that Asmus learn from this clear and pretty humiliating mistake.

That said - on principle I really do disagree with the policy regarding harassment and bullying being extended to companies, companies ARE NOT PEOPLE. they are legal entities that exist purely to create profit, they are not living, breathing and empathetic human beings with lives, hopes, dreams and emotions that can actually be hurt - they are names on a piece of paper that can use the "argument" that they are being bullied or harassed to silence genuine criticism and legitimate concerns. So long as such protestations do not extend to personal attacks on its employees or representatives and all complaints are limited to the legal entity of the company itself then frankly I think people should be able to say what they like.
I hope the same thing as well.
I hope people who cancelled get their full refund, as it's only fair that way.

And somehow I partly agree on your take on "company is not people and bully".. We all hate bullies, but it happened here because asmus' showing unpleasant attitude despite the apology. But still, let's refrain ourselves from bullying. We are all here trying to make asmus explain to us, and be responsible with it. In other words, hold them accountable. That's why we tried to bring the issues on the figure up to asmus, and give them the place and time to explain what happened.. and maybe, the end result is for asmus to try to fix the problem, even just the slightest of it, but I want them to try their best to do so.

If you dont like it dont come into the thread. lol Pretty simple. I havent seen anything that outright deserves a lock or a ban. They're called opinions and they are infinite.
Agree, good point, Riggs. (y)

I don't really have anything to add beyond what I've previously stated in the thread, plus I've requested a cancelation, so I'm not even a customer anymore, but I don't see why the thread should be locked if paying customers (or even people who aren't buying it) want to discuss things about it. It's pretty obvious that a lot of the repeated questions to Asmus likely won't be answered, but there seems to be a lot of general discussion too that can easily be avoided by simply not visiting the thread if it's of no interest/annoys you (unless you thrive on being annoyed!).
Perfectly said, Ryoko sama. :)👌

Last edited:
Well… was a bit under the weather for the day and this was an interesting thread to catch up on. This was/is my first Asmus figure. Will likely be my last, but I’m not 100% on that. What I am 100% on is I will not be pre-ordering another Asmus figure. I will definitely be waiting for in-hand production photos if I ever do consider them in the future.

I certainly appreciate the little fixes they’re attempting to make. As I said, i don’t have any other Asmus figures so I’m not familiar with their bases so I assume besides making an entirely new base there was no other option other than the sticker replacement. I assume it’s not like hot toys where you could just replace the plate. Obviously we’ve all seen, heard and discussed the issues of this figure to death, but I’ve decided to keep my Luxury edition. I missed out on the SS so for now, and I hate saying this because I don’t mean it the way it’s going to come off, but this will do.
I’ve never really attempted substantial alterations or mods to any of my sixth scales, but I will likely try to get the scratches on the body. I don’t really think their excuse of those not being there was legitimate because I personally never assumed they would be sculpted scratches on the body. I personally feel that was just an extra cost cutting measure to do without. Or it was a complete oversight. Just doesn’t make sense otherwise.

I do like the base though I’ll wait for my final judgements when I have it in hand. All that being said, I haven’t committed myself to 100% keeping it once I receive it. I’m going to wait and see what I get and make my decision based on what it’s like in hand. I’m hugely disappointed in this release. The one thing I’m glad I waited on was getting my background printed up 😂 spent a lot of time planning my display. Maybe someone else sees how much disappointment this caused and snatched up the license for a great 1:6. We can always hope.

Back