Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ve bad mouthed them for years with the occasional good job. We’re not talking about this head sculpt is not good enough or the material is wrong. You’ve posted about them being an unethical company and a shady company that karma was going to get. I wouldn’t respond to you either.
A company with name answer any legit questions to everyone.
Many of us also asked about that paintjob, with no answer.
I love my dmc figures from them, but in this case, i think they are being shady, only answering what they want, hidding things, showing pics that are clear not a final product...

Thank you, Riggs :)

Well, you can read it yourself in this thread, that not only me, but other people also posted about them being a shady company. Read it yourself. And not only here, also on asmus' facebook. Them being unethical and shady is no secret.

I'm not bad mouthing them if what I said is the truth. I still have this screenshot of the customer's complaining about asmus not delivering their promise, and this is from 6 years ago.. yes, they have been doing this for years:
View attachment 556357

Them changing the product from the prototype without communicating to the customers is shady. Not transparent.
Evidently many people complaints about it, you can read it here.
Lying to us customers, I think that is qualified as being unethical.. don't you think?

And again, you can read it yourself in this thread, everytime I am in a discussion directly with asmus, I always keep it in good polite way.
If they choose not to respond, then it's their call. :)

I intended to maintain good communication with @Asmus here. If you don't like it, then you don't have to read it.
which leads me back to something i’ve told you before. If they are so unethical, then why do buy from them? And if you don’t then what’s your agenda? No I’ll continue to read and respond to your posts. Don’t want you think that everyone supports what you are posting

A company with name answer any legit questions to everyone.
Many of us also asked about that paintjob, with no answer.
I love my dmc figures from them, but in this case, i think they are being shady, only answering what they want, hidding things, showing pics that are clear not a final product...
Agree! (y)

Now maybe we can try to get back on discussing with @Asmus on how they can fix this, or trying their best to make it better :)
I hope they will show up again to explain more and answer the questions here.

Last edited:
which leads me back to something i’ve told you before. If they are so unethical, then why do buy from them? And if you don’t then what’s your agenda? No I’ll continue to read and respond to your posts. Don’t want you think that everyone supports what you are posting
Sure, if you'd like to respond to my post, by all means. I don't mind. 👌

I kept my words not to order or buy anything from asmus again after my bad experience with Arwen. But I decided to post here, and I've actually explained my agenda here in my previous post (you should read the posts here, so you will understand better on why the members here feel this way).

And no, I don't think that everyone here supports what I am posting. Everyone is free to think and have their own opinion.
Nobody is forcing anyone here. We're all civilized. :)

I think most of us, not only here, facebook and twitter as well, have many doubts about henrietta and many other elements of the luxury pack that asmus is not answering in a proper way...

Sure, if you'd like to respond to my post, by all means. I don't mind. 👌

I kept my words not to order or buy anything from asmus again after my bad experience with Arwen. But I decided to post here, and I've actually explained my agenda here in my previous post (you should read the posts here, so you will understand better on why the members here feel this way).

And no, I don't think that everyone here supports what I am posting. Everyone is free to think and have their own opinion.
Nobody is forcing anyone here. We're all civilized. :)
I am reading the posts. I don’t believe you to be this goodly Samaritan so I don’t buy your reasoning.

I am reading the posts. I don’t believe you to be this goodly Samaritan so Idont buy your reasoning.
If you really reading the posts, I said this in my previous post (that you quoted here): "everyone is free to think and have their own opinion. Nobody is forcing anyone here. We're all civilized."
You can believe what you want, it's up to you. :)
But I will refuse to respond to you further, as I think this will go nowhere, definitely not making the product (Ash) or asmus better.

I think most of us, not only here, facebook and twitter as well, have many doubts about henrietta and many other elements of the luxury pack that asmus is not answering in a proper way...
This is very true.
I didn't check twitter but the comments on FB is wild about their disappointment.

I think with asmus holding back the 2nd batch, we can try to push them by communicating here to fix whatever they can fix so they can deliver better Ash in the next batch.
Aside from hairing henrietta, at least they can repaint henrietta and add the scratches on Ash, that's the least they can do..

Last edited:
You've got to love when people who have hardly been commenting in this thread pop in to fling **** like a bunch of monkeys at the zoo. Just ignore them and continue the conversation as if they didnt exist.

You've got to love when people who have hardly been commenting in this thread pop in to fling **** like a bunch of monkeys at the zoo. Just ignore them and continue the conversation as if they didnt exist.
Tell me about it, Riggs.
And yes, great suggestion.. back to my ignore list he is.
Somehow it reminds me on the previous discussion here about asmus loyalists. 😅

So anyway, let's move on and hopefully, I truly hope @Asmus will show up here again to address more of our questions and concerns.

Wow. Seeing the Asmus version side by side with real Bruce really shows how incorrect the figure likeness is. Bruce has a much more prominent forehead, his lips are a LOT thinner, pointier nose, chin is narrower. I originally thought the likeness wasn't too bad, but it looks nothing like him.
I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely a caricature and a bit cartoonish, but I have no problem at all seeing Bruce Campbell in the sculpt. And he was kind of a walking cartoon in that movie anyway, so for me having a figure that has some of that aspect in it doesn't really bother me.

And as far as caricatures go, I just think this is a much better caricature of Ash than the Sideshow one. And it's also a much better sculpt than any of the customs I've seen over the years.

Sorry you feel that way as I generally like your post. You have a good day though.
It wasnt entirely directed at you. Several people have come in here just to start some **** by defending asmus despite us having revealed a handful of crappy moves on this figure. You werent so much defending them and I guess theres some history between you and bats.

Agree! (y)

Now maybe we can try to get back on discussing with @Asmus on how they can fix this, or trying their best to make it better :)
I hope they will show up again to explain more and answer the questions here.

If the endgame of continuing on with this is to get Asmus to make changes to the figure outside of the Henrietta hair, something tells me you guys won't reach it.

Since this convo has now come into my wheelhouse I'll speak up on customization. I have been a sculptor, painter, and monster maker for twenty years. The Slimer in my avatar is one that I did myself. The big question is am I willing to redo this thing? **** no. As much as I enjoy my work when I buy something its from a collectors perspective and I honestly dont want to spend weeks trying to salvage a figure that I paid nearly 400 ******* dollars for. Give me a break. I have work that I'm paid to do. Unless asmus wants to pay me to fix this dumpster fire then no, I expect it to be up to the standards of the average sixth scale figure with no need to redo half of it. For those willing to run the gauntlet with this thing it's more power to you but my times more precious than that. I shouldnt have to fix the dozen or so issues with this after paying that kind of money.
took the words out of my mouth….why not put 350 into a fully custom figure?

ENDGAME

Let's see.

1. Hold the brand accountable.

2. The brand addresses ALL issues with the figure.

3. The brand offers a reasonable financial compensation for pre-order/order cancellation.

4. The brand does nothing or not much in addressing all critical/major known issues and gets away with it again.

5. Those who'll continue to leave the status-quo as is or perhaps finally wake up.

6. Ban any/all members who are critical of the brand as strongly worded by one or more members.

7. Accept defending bad quality figures/products is now the new normal while not accepting and rightfully criticizing a bad quality product, criticizing dubious & non-transparent past and current actions is wrong and upsets some people and is wrong and likely discouraged. Pay more for poor quality products and accept them without any criticism.

EH . . . but I digress.

Last edited:
In fact, looking at scenes again the holster is often pointing towards his right shoulder. View attachment 556343

So i don't understand the complaint i've seen a few times of the holster being in the wrong place. Evil Dead II is full of costume/makeup inconsistencies from scene to scene. It's part of it's low budget charm. Even the chainsaw looks different in some scenes.
Honestly felt the same, the whole accurate paint on the chainsaw thing and the harness really come off as neurotic, which is unfortunate because there are a lot of great points here from the customer perspective. These smaller things are just smoking coals compared to the larger fire, but people add it on anyways. Had there been no other issues, the harness and chainsaw paint might seem less pedantic? Or maybe still the same 🤣

This thread has been the most exciting read on this site for a damn long time- but it’s getting a bit tiresome now and is unlikely to bring anymore relevant developments until the second batch of luxuries are sent out.

I believe an important, first step battle has been won with Asmus acknowledging their mistakes (not all of them but they know they effed up big time) and are apparently now working to bring the product up to scratch.

So, until in-hand reviews of the next, supposedly rectified batch surface, the comments here will likely just repetitiously cycle through what we’ve already seen many times already.

I’m quite certainly not getting this any more because, even if Henrietta comes out like the proto and they decide to paint everything else properly and have PopToys do the tailoring, the head sculpt is just not working for me and the majority of Ash’s charm exudes from his face.
I can paint a 1/6 face pretty well but I don’t know if it’ll help with Ash.

In comparison to the old, dreadfully stock painted SSC Buffy figures; although the sculpts were basic, the likenesses were strongly apparent so you just knew that a quality paint job would bring out the best in them. That doesn’t seem to be the case here.

ENDGAME

Let's see.

1. Hold the brand accountable.

2. The brand addresses ALL issues with the figure.

3. The brand offers a reasonable financial compensation for pre-order/order cancellation.

4. The brand does nothing or not much in addressing all critical/major known issues and gets away with it again.

5. Those who'll continue to leave the status-quo as is or perhaps finally wake up.

6. Ban any/all members who are critical of the brand as strongly worded by one or more members.

7. Accept defending bad quality figures/products is now the new normal while not accepting and rightfully criticizing a bad quality product, criticizing dubious & non-transparent past and current actions is wrong and upsets some people and is wrong and likely discouraged. Pay more for poor quality products and accept them without any criticism.

EH . . . but I digress.
1 - They have been held accountable. Over and over, to the point where a good majority of members on this forum and beyond, will now question anything from Asmus again. Including myself.
2 - I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you but this is not going to happen. If they were going to make anymore changes to the figure, they would've come out and said this by now.
3 - They have been cancelling orders and issuing refunds haven't they?
4 - Again, the figure completed production as is and its something you're going to have to live with or cancel and not live with. This will not change.
5 - Nobody, at least from what I have read, has really disagreed with the complaints made about the figure, only the fact that select few members here have continued to beat the dead horse over and over.
6 - See #5.
7 - See #5 and #1. The way you defeat them, is with your wallet - don't buy from them anymore. Nobody is forcing you to pay for poor products.

Like I said, I agree with the majority of what people have said about the figure, the problem is that it is what it is and we have to live with it. Whether we buy it or not. Whether we agree with the Asmus business model or not. I'm incredibly bummed out by this figure - I'm a huge Evil Dead fan. I was out of the collecting game for a really long time until I found out NECA got the Evil Dead license and I joined this forum because of it. We have to take what we can get, especially from the "other" brands.

Wow, this thread really blew up didn't it....
last time I was here it looked like things were starting to calm down......

All I can say is: I hope those who are unhappy can get their money back; those who are keeping their orders understand why a lot of people are angry or disappointed; those who are perhaps a little more vocal in their outrage try not to direct their anger towards fellow collectors or allow justified anger to become a witch hunt; and I also hope that Asmus learn from this clear and pretty humiliating mistake.

Ultimately the stress of this release seems to have brought the worst out of people on every side here - Asmus are clearly trying to backpaddle in some of their responses and tactics in an at times counterproductive attempt to save face, some collectors seem a touch too wiling to overlook some of these dubious maneuvers by Asmus, and some people here definitely seem to have an axe to grind with the company and seem unwilling to allow anything short of salted and barren earth where Asmus once stood to satisfy them.

Its like I was trying to say on a different disappointing figure's thread not long ago, you cannot put companies on pedestals - judge them by their product and their practices and make your decisions with your wallet and be willing to call them out on their bullcrap. Be it Hot Toys or Asmus, we do deserve quality for our money in this hobby. I own a lot of Asmus figures that I LOVE, just like I own a lot of Hot Toys that I LOVE, but when they make a lazy, or cheap, or defective, or substandard release we have to let them know that they need to be held to a higher standard to charge the premium prices they do - this is an EXPENSIVE hobby after all.

I would be lying if I said that this particular incident won't have any effect on my decisions to pre-order with Asmus again in the future, we all expect a bit of a downgrade from the prototype in this hobby, but this was a little different. That said, I am more than happy to still buy their figures if they are good, their LOTR figures contribute to some of my most liked pieces - i may just wait for a few reviews and pics first so I know what I'm getting is what I'm seeing when i order.
But conversely, I do think some of the responses about permanently blacklisting the company, never dealing with them again, cursing their name etc. are a touch hyperbolic also - I see the reason for being cautious... but not for being bitter.

That said - on principle I really do disagree with the policy regarding harassment and bullying being extended to companies, companies ARE NOT PEOPLE. they are legal entities that exist purely to create profit, they are not living, breathing and empathetic human beings with lives, hopes, dreams and emotions that can actually be hurt - they are names on a piece of paper that can use the "argument" that they are being bullied or harassed to silence genuine criticism and legitimate concerns. So long as such protestations do not extend to personal attacks on its employees or representatives and all complaints are limited to the legal entity of the company itself then frankly I think people should be able to say what they like.

Back