Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy crap what the hell happend to this figure
looks trick or treat level , not 300 plus dlls
looks like they decided to release it now to get the sales in the last fiscal year
this sucks, canceling my deluxe now

kk
Holy christ wtf is that?! 😆

I had some twinge of hope the Luxury base and accessories would sway me to keep my order after the bitter disappointment of seeing the figures yesterday...but now, not a chance. Crushing.
yea not sure what going on, but Asmus must have some serious issues with marketing. Their own pics show a lackluster effort and a serious downgrade in quality.
Spelling Errors?
Open glue on the chainsaw?
No hair on the Henrietta sculpt, which in itself looks terrible?
The tailoring isnt even close to proto….

I think we always wait for in hand shots, but for 350??? At that proce point this should be much much better. 3rd party figure now come with plenty of extras without a 350 price point.
We shall see, but so far , without encouragement from Asmus , this looks pretty bad so far.

Asmus added 2 additional hands and removed the foot hair from their Gollum/Sméagol set in response to feedback. They also added a free cape to the Galadriel set in response to feedback. There have been other examples but those are the most recent.

I have purchased their LotR line and all have been from good to great out of the box. This one however looks like it falls short.

Asmus don't care for anything that isn't lord of the rings. That shows with this! They listen to feedback on Lord of the rings but this they screwed everyone on.

My thoughts exactly. I think it's awesome that some people have plans to alter this figure, but I like to buy and display immediately, without the need to adjust anything. Asmus will be receiving a cancellation request from me.
I was paying $391 via Sideshow, there shouldn't be any bloody need to mod or drastically adjust a "luxury" licensed figure in that price range. lol

Yes I have contacted Sideshow CS for a refund too. It's only the second week in January and we already have our first major fail of the year and first contender for worst figure, congrats Asmus.

Asmus don't care for anything that isn't lord of the rings. That shows with this! They listen to feedback on Lord of the rings but this they screwed everyone on.

You don’t like their Devil May Cry line of figures? I don’t collect them but they look pretty good in photos.

I cancelled mine. Don't pay the invoice. It will expire.

Even though I've been really hard on this figure, I am disappointed that this does not look like what was advertised to meet the high asking price. I really wanted this figure, but I can't accept with what is given. Sideshow still has the best Ash on the market to date (Yes, guys, it is!). It's up to Hot Toys to deliver something better because these 3rd party guys don't cut it.

After seeing all these new issues pop up I think I'll switch over to standard, but seriously it's sad how they yet again half assed another figure. Their DMC5 Vergil Lux, and DMC3 Dante Lux will probably be the last figures I get I'm so disappointed in how they handled this release. I would have preferred Threezero to get these licenses moving forward.

So potential things I'll be needing to do:

1. Shave down hair and rehair with real hair on the Ash sculpt
2. Paint nipples and cuts on body
3. Repaint and add hair to Henrietta
4. Custom harness and Holster
5. Leave the standard base in the box
6. Weather outfit filthy
7. Repaint Linda's head. Style hair
8. Replace belt.

It's what they call a fixer upper! 😆

That Henrietta pisses me off though. I agree they are going to get hell for this set. This is a blatant rush job. They need to address it.

6. Weather outfit filthy
8. Replace belt.

That Henrietta pisses me off though. I agree they are going to get hell for this set. This is a blatant rush job. They need to address it.

Mods I'll be doing.

Re sealing the box and sending it back asmus.

If Asmus are wise they'd sort something out and get this fixed.

I've sent them a few screenshot on Facebook. Hoping if enough people complain/cancel they'd get it sorted.

6. Weather outfit filthy
8. Replace belt.

That's alot of work for shelling out $375 for a figure that already should already have those "fixes". But Good luck with it. Would like to see how you fix it.

After seeing all these new issues pop up I think I'll switch over to standard, but seriously it's sad how they yet again half assed another figure. Their DMC5 Vergil Lux, and DMC3 Dante Lux will probably be the last figures I get I'm so disappointed in how they handled this release. I would have preferred Threezero to get these licenses moving forward.
The problem with Threezero is I don't like their rubber bendem arms. I'd rather Hot Toys do it

I wonder what they are doing now with all these cancelations 😆 shaking their heads in shame?

Budget was spent on that shacking chain feature. Probably having a rejected Ash Willams tea party.
60wu8s.jpg

Calling out what is....I'm not the only one that feels this way. Look at the social media posts about the figure.
I canceled my preorder for the Sideshow version, way back when, because despite my love for Evil Dead 2, I didn’t think it was good enough.
So I jumped on this one as soon as the PO went up.
Now, looking at this picture, I can only imagine how happy I would be if the figure that Asmus was sending to stand on top of my Luxury Diorama looked as good as this.
Looking at the Asmus figure, I can’t even imagine what I was complaining about with the SS version.
Some lucky person who got on the Waitlist with Sideshow for the Asmus Luxury version is about to have a good night as soon as I click off this site.

Back