Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only his son Chris is objecting. The grandson was in LotR someplace. I don't remember where though.

But isn't he the one that is in charge of the Estate or at least the book/copyright part? I cannot hold it against him though. I think I would be very protective of anything my family had created especially if I thought it would tarnishing it or that would be against the creator's wishes.

I dont suppose there is a video review around? i prefer to see how fabric moves etc

EowynClose.jpg

While there are definitely things that they could have improved on I am very happy with Eowyn overall. It's nice to have a female figure in my collection.

Yep...I realize that...my message was for Tankgirlfuzzy and possibly SithThundercracker as that figure looks to have been shortened also but I could be wrong on that one. If Tankgirlfuzzy is following this post maybe she can respond with a little info on this one. SithThundercracker, if you have done some correction to the height, any input would be welcome as well. Thanks.

[/QUOTEBefore I get to the chainmail, I forgot to mention I shortened the legs. As Wor Gar mentioned, the figure body is extremely long legged, more like an anime figure. Since we're modeling this after an actual human named Miranda Otto (who from celebrity photos on the red carpet and such looks to be of average proportion), the calf had to be shortened. So I ground it down with my dremel, over a half inch! Essentially, I wanted the boots to come up to the bottom of the knee. I might add back a few millimeters by stuffing some spare plastic or wood dowels into the boot, because she looks a little squat now, but it looks much more realistic to me. BTW there are no issues with the boots coming off because they are extremely tight to the calf. You don't need the foot pegs at all.

This may be all I need or will get from anyone as a response as it is pretty detailed as it stands, althought my question would be, " when dremeling the ends of the calf, what would you have done differently , is there a length you would have chosen over the one you finally ended up with and is it necessary to retain any parts that originally held the boots on and reglue them to the ends of the calf? I guess I'm just trying to avoid making any mistakes that could have been prevented with a couple of questions from those who have been through the actual process. Thanks.

I just cut 1cm of leg (you can do it with a hobby knife as the plastic is not too hard) below the calf and then reglued it with a nail heated on fire and melted through (and also regular glue).

I just cut 1cm of leg (you can do it with a hobby knife as the plastic is not too hard) below the calf and then reglued it with a nail heated on fire and melted through (and also regular glue).

So you would remove a cm of material off of the end of the leg but what is the heated nail used for? Is it for reattaching some critical end piece from the end of the calf?

So you would remove a cm of material off of the end of the leg but what is the heated nail used for? Is it for reattaching some critical end piece from the end of the calf?

Nope, it works like a bone to avoid trouble manipulating the leg back inside the boot. If you trust your glue, that will suffice.

Yep...I realize that...my message was for Tankgirlfuzzy and possibly SithThundercracker as that figure looks to have been shortened also but I could be wrong on that one. If Tankgirlfuzzy is following this post maybe she can respond with a little info on this one. SithThundercracker, if you have done some correction to the height, any input would be welcome as well. Thanks.

Sorry for the tardy response as I haven't been checking in as often as I used to. I noticed you also posted on my OSW thread but for some reason I don't get notification from them anymore.

There's not much more I can add about dremeling other than to go slow and stop when you are satisfied. I ended up taking probably 1 or 2 mm too much off but it was easy enough to add it back with some spacers. Start with a quarter inch (or less than 1 cm) and then go in 1mm increments. I did not find it necessary to keep the socket joints and just ground them off. Taking care to shorten the legs by cutting above sockets and regluing them back on is a waste of time IMO because there is no articulation in the boots so you don't need a socket joint. And as I stated the boots are a tight fit to the calves and there is no danger of them coming off unless you really yank.

hope this helps.

Sorry for the tardy response as I haven't been checking in as often as I used to. I noticed you also posted on my OSW thread but for some reason I don't get notification from them anymore.

There's not much more I can add about dremeling other than to go slow and stop when you are satisfied. I ended up taking probably 1 or 2 mm too much off but it was easy enough to add it back with some spacers. Start with a quarter inch (or less than 1 cm) and then go in 1mm increments. I did not find it necessary to keep the socket joints and just ground them off. Taking care to shorten the legs by cutting above sockets and regluing them back on is a waste of time IMO because there is no articulation in the boots so you don't need a socket joint. And as I stated the boots are a tight fit to the calves and there is no danger of them coming off unless you really yank.

hope this helps.

Thank you...appreciate the reply and advice. Going to give it a go this weekend.

Thanks for the reply SithThundercracker, I'll be putting the advice to work this weekend.

Hi I've just received my first two Asmus figures, Eowyn & Saruman.
Can anyone tell me if the scabbard is already supposed to be attached to the belt setup? There's a little metal bit (shaped like a arrow head) on the loop of the scabbard but I can't see how this is to be attached to little plastic strap that comes down from the belt?
Appreciate any help.

Nice weekend of A/C to avoid triple digit heat. I have been wanting to pit Eowyn against the Witch King ever since they announced her, finally had some time to do so. Here are the pics:

After the death of her King and Kin, Eowyn steps up to face the seemingly unbeatable Witch King of Angmar.

IMG_4501.jpg
20160619_141853.jpg
IMG_4498.jpg
IMG_4504.jpg
IMG_4507.jpg
20160619_142303.jpg
IMG_4506.jpg
IMG_4509.jpg

Back