Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some pics outside today, tried to replicate the look of Eowyn at the waypoint with sun hitting her hair from behind (see above for reference movie still):

Take heart, Merry. It will soon be over.
View attachment 201673

Tank Girl you did a beautiful job with this figure...hats off to you! Thank you for sharing all your pics. I wanted this figure before I saw any of your modifications, but this just looks fantastic!

Without having the figure in hand, I can only imagine (but completely understand) the height issues. Getting the height right is a difficult issue for the manufacturer.

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the cuirass without cutting it. Just use a sharp x-acto and slice along the joint where they glued it on the left side. On my earlier posts showing the baldric WIP sitting on the loose cuirass you can see where I cut it. Once you get some separation you can peel it apart a little which will help you cut further into the seam. It won't be perfect but once you glue it back you won't be able to tell.

The arms don't come off, so that's not an option. Even if they did, the cuirass is so tight you will likely rip the clothing underneath and damage the headsculpt trying to pull it off (I would remove the head before doing any work on it anyway; use a hair dryer directed into the neck joint to heat it up and it'll pop off--cover the hair with your hand or you'll straighten the curls with the heat). The neck isn't really too long, it's just too slender. I stuffed leather strips into it to bulk it out. Once you put the cloak on (even the stock one) the neck won't seem as long.

I looked long and hard for a substitute body and almost all of them have overly long legs (or huge breasts which won't work with the clothing). And then you might run into problems with neck post, hands and even feet compatibility (remember this figure has no feet and the boots connect directly to the ankles). Honestly I think shortening the calves with a dremel or saw is really the simplest way, and that way you won't even have to take off the cuirass.

Thanks for the input!
The only female body I know of with nice, realistic proportions is the old Triad Eva.
Unfortunately, it had other problems of its own, but dressed and kitted out, it works and looks wonderful. I used the two I bought to customise two Resident Evil Alices.

I didn't get mine. Anyone else order Eowyn from Urban Samurai? Did you get a replacement body?

I did NOT get my Witchking replacement figure from Urban Samurai either...I have a message into them, but have heard NOTHING.

I did NOT get my Witchking replacement figure from Urban Samurai either...I have a message into them, but have heard NOTHING.

I just sent an email after my original post. I think it was the first time ordering with them. It didn't go bad at all but it seemed like it took over a month to Get Eowyn after all the other retailers had her. I also asked a question about Aragorn and didn't really get much of an answer so I ordered him from TWTs.

Got an update from Urban Samurai.

Hi Scott,

I have had a couple people ask that now, this is the update we got from Asmus though it looks like you have to contact them directly:

We have a good news to our 1/6 Nazgûl Sixth Scale Figure buyers.

Our Nazgûl body was an old purchase from Kaustic Plastik, and somehow it was just not strong enough. Since we have bought the molds and now owns the right to improve the design, we put in time and money to fix the problems that caused the loose arms and legs. And now we have a strong and solid body.

We really want our supporters to be able to share this breakthrough, as well as have a chance to show that we care about the money you spend and we are always responsible for it.

So, we open a special event for all Nazgûl buyers to claim a FREE body. All you need is the following three things:

1. Your Certificate of Authenticity (please hand write your names next to /1500, take a photo and send to us)

2. Your postal address name and phone number. So we can deliver to your door steps for free.

3. Our email address exclusively for the event : [email protected], this email is solely for the body give away, please do not write to ask anything else.

We will prepare enough bodies, but please remember, you will get a free body only directly from us, NOT your dealer, so please write to us to secure your FREE body.

The body will start to be sent out in October until it is all sent. We care about all our customers and the Asmus products in your hands, and we will continue to upgrade your Asmus products.

Thank you again for your support

Hopefully that helps, feel free to let us know if it doesn't work out for some reason and we can see what we can do.

Thanks

Dani

Seems like they are getting the replacement body from the nazgul steed set mixed up with the witch king replacement body that was supposed to ship with Eowyn. I have another email with them and with Asmus to see if I can get this sorted out. Will reply once I hear something.

Got an update from Urban Samurai.

Hi Scott,

I have had a couple people ask that now, this is the update we got from Asmus though it looks like you have to contact them directly:

We have a good news to our 1/6 Nazgûl Sixth Scale Figure buyers.

Our Nazgûl body was an old purchase from Kaustic Plastik, and somehow it was just not strong enough. Since we have bought the molds and now owns the right to improve the design, we put in time and money to fix the problems that caused the loose arms and legs. And now we have a strong and solid body.

We really want our supporters to be able to share this breakthrough, as well as have a chance to show that we care about the money you spend and we are always responsible for it.

So, we open a special event for all Nazgûl buyers to claim a FREE body. All you need is the following three things:

1. Your Certificate of Authenticity (please hand write your names next to /1500, take a photo and send to us)

2. Your postal address name and phone number. So we can deliver to your door steps for free.

3. Our email address exclusively for the event : [email protected], this email is solely for the body give away, please do not write to ask anything else.

We will prepare enough bodies, but please remember, you will get a free body only directly from us, NOT your dealer, so please write to us to secure your FREE body.

The body will start to be sent out in October until it is all sent. We care about all our customers and the Asmus products in your hands, and we will continue to upgrade your Asmus products.

Thank you again for your support

Hopefully that helps, feel free to let us know if it doesn't work out for some reason and we can see what we can do.

Thanks

Dani

Seems like they are getting the replacement body from the nazgul steed set mixed up with the witch king replacement body that was supposed to ship with Eowyn. I have another email with them and with Asmus to see if I can get this sorted out. Will reply once I hear something.

I sent the e-mail to customer service, since the 15th. Guess I should have checked the address?

2nd update pertaining to the Witchking body not shipping with Eowyn from Urban Samurai.

Hi again,

We definitely did not receive any extra bodies with Eowyn, I had just assumed that since we got that update about a free replacement body that was what was happening there. I realize now that's a completely different figure, let me speak with the owner and he can contact our supplier to see what is going on with this.

Thanks
Dani

Having got the time for some pictures during weekend, I would like to share my Eowyn to fellow Freaks.
First of all I must aknowledge Tankgirl great job that was maniacally accurate and inspiring. On the other hand, I was not looking for a total redo of the Fig (that I quite liked out of the box) so I went for little adjustments and repaints (except for the cape that was hideous and remained in the box).
Here she is before& after, alone and with Strider:
eowyns_zpskp8ackqw.jpg

eowyns%202_zpsqdjgzzu6.jpg

Some closeups of the armor, shiled and helm:
cuirass_zpss7gkepk0.jpg

shield_zpsgk4ehb8s.jpg

helm_zpskkibaxy4.jpg

And some other shots with whitey background:
eowyn1_zpsu2q35qwq.jpg

eowyn3_zpsyi1pmefd.jpg

List of mods:
- cutted 1cm of leg from the original body
- repainted the helm with correct silver-brass pattern. Also I went with a red-brown base for the main color because, even if it's hard to tell the exact color from the movie, it was portrayed that way in many different sources. Also it fits better with the rest of the armor.
- repainted the whole armor with the brown-red-brass movie pattern.
- moved the second scabbard holding lace to the other ring of the belt, helping the sword to be horizontal. Repainted the whole belt set in red.
- unsewed and repainted the chainmail with a brass-gold tone.
- repainted the horse pattern on the shield (mine was sort of hairsprayed...nice looking but not so accurate).
- custom cape with underarm-back lacing (thanks again Tankgirl!).

Ready for the shelf! :yess:

Nice work, SithThundercracker. I'm not into modding my figures, but I might have to do at least a few of your and Tankgirl's mods given how much better Eowyn looks with a little (a lot?) of work.

I hope Asmus is taking notes so as to improve future production paint apps.

That looks fantastic, great job SithThundercracker! Just goes to show how a little work can really make this figure shine. It's remarkable how shortening the legs really makes a difference. That cape is also much better; glad my tips were helpful!

Has anyone else who ordered Eowyn from Urban Samurai and received it, gotten a different e-mail from them saying their order has shipped? I'm hoping it is the replacement witch king body.

I just got TWO emails from them with the ORDER updated notice. I found it weird because the tracking link links back to the original shipment that I already had delivered. I HOPE this is the Witchking body!

Back