Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good they're starting with Eowyn for Rohan armors. It's pretty simple and plain, so they can make some experiments on colors, materials and weathering too. Once they achieve that, they can start with the serious business: Eomer and Theoden.

Neet. But i do hope tehy do some alternate heads.

A rooted hair.
A sculpted hair
Head with helmet on.

Rooted hair is failsauce.

Unless they pull off some fantastic rooted hair, i think i'd rather see sculpted as well. Either way, she'll probably be my first order from them.

I think rooted hair can look better if done right, but can easily fall prey to the Barbie syndrome especially in mass production. Swap-out hair would be cheaper than swap out heads. Kumik is doing hair swap-out appliances for color changing, but same could easily hold true for sculpted vs. faux real.

I definitely vote for rooted hair. It is way more dynamic... sculpted hair looks very toy like and almost oily. I think Hot Toys has been doing rooted hair very well now for some time and even some of my Triad figures have really good rooted hair (Jade Van Helsing for one).

I think they can pull off a rooted hair that works and maybe even fit a helmet all in one go but I would settle for two portraits, one helmeted before her reveal to the Witch King and then one with quality rooted hair. If their proto-types fail miserably than sculpted hair is preferable over terrible rooted hair but only as a last resort would I want to go this route.

After a number of good Hot Toys releases with rooted hair, I felt a bit disappointed by Baroness' sculpted hair, it seemed like a big chunk of soft plastic and makes her look toyish, still a cool figure but not as cool as she could be.

Completely disagree. Baroness is the first female figure i've recieved in a while i haven't immediatly regretted buying, and comtenplated returning.

nhyytrku.jpguyt.jpgyujtrkuty.jpg

Got this exclusively for Sideshow Freaks this morning!
Please understand it is only at very early stage of development,
but some comments will be really awsome!!

thx

Terrific start! Looking very forward to this one! Thank you for letting us have a peek behind the curtain!

As for feedback ... hmm ...

Maybe her jawline could be a TINY bit sharper? And her nose a bit stronger? Maybe a bit more definition in her chin? Miranda Otto has such great bone structure. She has a lot of planes and angles in her face. This sculpt may be just a bit too rounded thus far.

But I'm really struggling to find things to nit-pick. Very nice work!

I would buy this figure if you stopped right there!

:clap

Agree with above comments - she looks terrific so far. So happy to see this character manufactured. Will look fantastic posed next to WK. Please consider including decapitated head of fell beast as an acessory.

A full Fell Beast head? You know how big that would be?

Just request a full scale Fell beast for yourself and it can be the 'Rancor' of LOTR.

Personally, I'd rather have some more Orc heads -- distinctive ones that will never get full-figure treatment but are highly recognizable (like Murgash or the guy behind Guritz below). I could buy another Guritz or Gothmog and mix-and-match the armor to build an Orc army.

2897387893_small_1.jpg

I agree about the bridge of the nose and the upper lip. The eventual placement of the hairline will be important. I like the sculptor's attention to the eyebrows -- she seems to use makeup and plucking to "raise" them, but the sculpt captures the actual area well, and paint can do the rest.

Back