Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any elven armor for me.

285ad9c9c9ffe1c2413c40249cb9b125.jpg

I love this look so much that i started playing Skyrim again, made an altmer (high elf) and installed a special mod just to get a Noldor armor set.

The decision between armored or noble robes for Elrond is extremely difficult. On one end, robes are a great standard representation of the character, but on the other how bad ass is he with his armor? Even if Asmus went crazy cool and included both costumes I would be a little disappointed because I would never be able to decide how to pose him.

The decision between armored or noble robes for Elrond is extremely difficult. On one end, robes are a great standard representation of the character, but on the other how bad ass is he with his armor? Even if Asmus went crazy cool and included both costumes I would be a little disappointed because I would never be able to decide how to pose him.

You could post him in more of an action pose with the armored body and more calm with the robes body. That would be great if they released an add on set with another armored or robed body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a perfect world, They would release two versions of him. One with the robes, and one with the armor, and the armor and the robes would also be available as separate packs. Or all in one box, but it would increase the price dramatically and maybe some customers will not afford that. If we have to choose I would say the robes though.
:)

I think I'd prefer the robes, too, but my guess is that they'll go for the armor because "battle" figures tend to sell better.

(That said, I'd also like a Thranduil in his robes.)

I think I'd prefer the robes, too, but my guess is that they'll go for the armor because "battle" figures tend to sell better.

(That said, I'd also like a Thranduil in his robes.)

Yea I had really hoped that when a Thranduil was released they would have made him in his robes with his very much so iconic branch crown..gosh that’d be an awesome release.

The problem is there are too much awesome characters with each one too much awesome designs in middle earth !! :rotfl

:exactly: This! I wonder if Elrond will just be a 'one and done' figure with Asmus or if there are plans to eventually release different versions/outfits - all of his different film looks would look great as figures.

The problem is there are too much awesome characters with each one too much awesome designs in middle earth !! :rotfl

:goodpost: Too True! :lol How on earth do we choose! :panic:

Fantastic news, three guaranteed buys! Elrond in robes though!

**** yeah!
I mean, when does Elrond even appear in armour in the books? Anybody in the room that knows the books by heart, please chime in!
In the flicks, and as far as I remember, he wears armour in the intro (not in the book) and in the Hobbit (not in the LOTR, maybe even also not in the Hobbit book).

Hence..........................................................

**** yeah!
I mean, when does Elrond even appear in armour in the books? Anybody in the room that knows the books by heart, please chime in!
In the flicks, and as far as I remember, he wears armour in the intro (not in the book) and in the Hobbit (not in the LOTR, maybe even also not in the Hobbit book).

Well he was at that battle. He was the standard bearer if I remember correctly so while the book doesn’t talk about him wearing armor it does not mention that he wasn’t. I think it can be implied if elves were wearing armor at that battle then he was too. All that being said, I prefer for him to be in the robe look.

**** yeah!

Fair point, he is described in partaking multiple battles and a skilled warrior. Then again, if we went off the books all of the characters we've received so far would be vastly different, or not existing at all (Tauriel).

**** yeah!

When does Elrond wear robes in the books? Answer - he does not. Or at least it's never mentioned.

Tolkien addressed clothing in Letter No.211 "I do not know the detail of clothing. I visualize with great clarity and detail scenery and 'natural' objects, but not artefacts"

Tolkien has one drawing of an Elf called "The Sindarin Elf Beleg" and it looks nothing like the elves in Peter Jacksons movie. In fact, at least to my memory, Egalmoth is the only elf who even uses a curved sword unlike PJ who gives all elves curved swords. So to make a long story short, there are many differences but Tolkien doesn't really describe in great detail the elves clothing.

OMG!
Did scholars chime in!
:)

When does Elrond wear robes in the books? Answer - he does not. Or at least it's never mentioned.

Tolkien addressed clothing in Letter No.211 "I do not know the detail of clothing. I visualize with great clarity and detail scenery and 'natural' objects, but not artefacts"

Tolkien has one drawing of an Elf called "The Sindarin Elf Beleg" and it looks nothing like the elves in Peter Jacksons movie. In fact, at least to my memory, Egalmoth is the only elf who even uses a curved sword unlike PJ who gives all elves curved swords. So to make a long story short, there are many differences but Tolkien doesn't really describe in great detail the elves clothing.

That is OK, but it is going to be PJ all the way. So, we have to choose between armour or not armour, I am afraid.

Well he was at that battle. He was the standard bearer if I remember correctly so while the book doesn’t talk about him wearing armor it does not mention that he wasn’t. I think it can be implied if elves were wearing armor at that battle then he was too. All that being said, I prefer for him to be in the robe look.

But Elrond spends most of LOTR wearing robes. The Council, and beyond. Also in The Hobbit the most screentime is for the robes. Shouldn't that make it more logic to go for the robes?

Fair point, he is described in partaking multiple battles and a skilled warrior. Then again, if we went off the books all of the characters we've received so far would be vastly different, or not existing at all (Tauriel).

Fair enough. Let's stick to the movies. In that sense, I make my case above.

RfC
m.

Robes it is.

Lol

It would be awesome if they added a second body like FigureMasters did with the Louis the Vampire add on set. They threw in another body with a suit and two head sculpts.

Maybe the deluxe version will have both options.

Except we got Arwen in her riding outfit (which she only wore for one ten minute sequence), when she wore mostly gowns throughout all of the films. So don’t be surprised if we get the armour instead of the robes. Personally, I would have preferred the gowns on Arwen as well, and for Galadriel, and the robes for Elrond — just imagine how great the three of them standing together would have looked. But, I’m not passing up any of them regardless.

Well Arwen’s riding outfit is from probably her most iconic scene in the trilogy and I think you can make an argument that Elrond’s most iconic moment was the Council so I hope he comes in the robes. If I was Asmus I would probably release him in robes first and then a year later do a slightly smaller run in the armor esp silly if they ever get around to making Sauron. They could save some design costs by keeping the same headsculpt.

Well Arwen’s riding outfit is from probably her most iconic scene in the trilogy and I think you can make an argument that Elrond’s most iconic moment was the Council so I hope he comes in the robes. If I was Asmus I would probably release him in robes first and then a year later do a slightly smaller run in the armor esp silly if they ever get around to making Sauron. They could save some design costs by keeping the same headsculpt.

Bloody well right.
2nd version with dirty face, like in the intro.
Since they use Zbrush, they could just slightly modify the existing sculpt, change expression only. It would rock.
I like the way you think!
Mr Asmus, I really hope you are reading this...!!
m.

Back