Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus disappointed me again, luckily i didnt preorder this time (like dmc3 dante and dmc4 dante), its on a Hot Toys price level but with a Threezero quality. I wish Hot Toys had the licencing.....
Uhh No.. it's no where near Threezero Quality, they did a better job then them. Although HT would have knocked it out so would Dam Toys. We can only be happy with what we get. Nothing will ever be perfect but at least their are several options to choose from.
If this isn't good enough, you can go with 1000toys or Prime 1. That Prime 1 statue is perfection in terms of detail.

I'm in love with this figure. He is super photogenic. Lol my isssues are what other's have already stated the magnets, swords being heavy and maybe the forearms and wrist pegs being to small hence why they are horrible at holding swords. Outside of that he is Asmus best release and my figure of the year so far. I did make some changes to the jacket and shirt he looks a bit better now. received_322075395782201.jpgreceived_332679518044339.jpgreceived_919102775244248.jpegreceived_661223091468489.jpgreceived_367642770919617.jpeg

I'm in love with this figure. He is super photogenic. Lol my isssues are what other's have already stated the magnets, swords being heavy and maybe the forearms and wrist pegs being to small hence why they are horrible at holding swords. Outside of that he is Asmus best release and my figure of the year so far. I did make some changes to the jacket and shirt he looks a bit better now. View attachment 495242View attachment 495243View attachment 495244View attachment 495245View attachment 495246

Awww yeah, my boy Luis got his Dante!!

He is awesome right? Definitely my figure of the year too! Not only does he look awesome, he is super fun to play with. As I alluded to in my video, I hate it when I can't pose my figures.

What changes did you do to the shirt and coat btw?

Awww yeah, my boy Luis got his Dante!!

He is awesome right? Definitely my figure of the year too! Not only does he look awesome, he is super fun to play with. As I alluded to in my video, I hate it when I can't pose my figures.

What changes did you do to the shirt and coat btw?
Right. Lol only wish his wrist weren't weak when holding his swords. I changed out the shirt with a more accurate grey with slight blue hue to it. Got the shirt from Kai Studios it was from his first Nathan drake release back in 2015. All I did to the jacket was switch over the straps on his shoulders to be more accurate. I didn't like how they bunched up.

Right. Lol only wish his wrist weren't week when holding his swords. I changed out the shirt with a more accurate grey with slight blue hue to it. Got the shirt from Kai Studios it was from his first Nathan drake release back in 2015. All I did to the jacket was switch over the straps on his shoulders to be more accurate. I didn't like how they bunched up.

For the wrists, in case you want to pose him holding either DSD or rebellion vertically:

Just turn the wrist pegs so the swivel action goes horizontal. That way when you have Dante holding the sword up (like I did in the video) it won't droop downwards where he had limp wrist. It's not THE greatest solution as the sword (particularly DSD) is heavy and will cause a LITTLE droop, but it's not a bad solution IMO.

For the wrists, in case you want to pose him holding either DSD or rebellion vertically:

Just turn the wrist pegs so the swivel action goes horizontal. That way when you have Dante holding the sword up (like I did in the video) it won't droop downwards where he had limp wrist. It's not THE greatest solution as the sword (particularly DSD) is heavy and will cause a LITTLE droop, but it's not a bad solution IMO.
Nice I'll try it with DSD. Rebellion seems to be the only one I can pose him with but it still drops if not angled right. I did try to switch the body out and found one that could have been perfect but the neck connection on the sculpt is to small and doesn't work with other 1/6th pegs so I have left it with the original body for now.

Nice I'll try it with DSD. Rebellion seems to be the only one I can pose him with but it still drops if not angled right. I did try to switch the body out and found one that could have been perfect but the neck connection on the sculpt is to small and doesn't work with other 1/6th pegs so I have left it with the original body for now.

Honestly there's no need to swap bodies, it's great as is IMO.

Honestly there's no need to swap bodies, it's great as is IMO.
Yeah I agree but I also don't mind finding an alternative. For now however he is good as is. Lol now I gotta P.O V as Nero is on his way and should be here next later this week id not next due to delays.

You getting the familiars? Or...the DLC?
Yeah there is no other way to get V. You can even display them with Dante for the final fight with them like in mission 18. Take an image of Griffin dying with Dante kneeling infront saying "rest in peace little chicken...(sigh) it's been a bash". Lol

PO-ed the last Luxury ver from BBTS, was going to wait for Asmus to restock for KC but he comes with so much stuff already and I'll probably have him posed with Balrog the entire time anyway. Haven't been this excited for a figure in a long time!!!

A DMC5 Special Edition is happening for the PS5... This could possibly increase the chance of Asmus doing a Vergil

A DMC5 Special Edition is happening for the PS5... This could possibly increase the chance of Asmus doing a Vergil
I saw it too!!! I'm so hyped for it I need to play it on PS5 and I now hope Vergil comes out soon he would be perfect next to Dante.

I am so hyped for this special edition. It looks awesome, and we finally got playable Vergil!! And he'll be released as a DLC on PS4 too.

I'm definitely taking this to mean we'll probably get a DMC5 Vergil from Asmus ;)

Can we also take the time to appreciate the soundtrack? Reminds me of me Metal Gear Rising and my God is it amazing.

Also I remember messaging Asmus toys a few months ago and they said they were discussing with Capcom about licensing for DMC 5 Vergil. After the announcer of the special edition, I?m 99% sure they?re going to make him. And boy am I excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we also take the time to appreciate the soundtrack? Reminds me of me Metal Gear Rising and my God is it amazing.

Also I remember messaging Asmus toys a few months ago and they said they were discussing with Capcom about licensing for DMC 5 Vergil. After the announcer of the special edition, I?m 99% sure they?re going to make him. And boy am I excited.

I so agree. Lol the song is dropping on spotify and other music platforms on Monday next week I'm hyped to get that. Man I really need to PO a PS5 I might not be able to get it if I miss out on it.

I so agree. Lol the song is dropping on spotify and other music platforms on Monday next week I'm hyped to get that. Man I really need to PO a PS5 I might not be able to get it if I miss out on it.

Damn man hope you don?t miss out! Here in Australia, most of the big retailers ended up running out of stock (for the first batch), in under an hour.

I think I'll wait for a year or more before getting the next gen consoles. I barely used mine and I have a ton of backlog of games (some still sealed). Last game I played on my PS4 is DMC5 (last year) and Halo 5 on the Xbox One (maybe more than 2 years). I don't want to grind all over again for all the SSS, no damage run, DMD stuff. :/

I think I'll wait for a year or more before getting the next gen consoles. I barely used mine and I have a ton of backlog of games (some still sealed). Last game I played on my PS4 is DMC5 (last year) and Halo 5 on the Xbox One (maybe more than 2 years). I don't want to grind all over again for all the SSS, no damage run, DMD stuff. :/
That might be my only option at this point. Assuming they make Vergil DLC for the PS4. But nothing new is coming for PS5 other then what's announced until next year so I got time.

That might be my only option at this point. Assuming they make Vergil DLC for the PS4. But nothing new is coming for PS5 other then what's announced until next year so I got time.

The whole prospect of getting next gen consoles have been minimal for me and even becoming less so. So I don't mind a DLC for the PS4 version as well. I'm trying to see if I can add some mass to my Asmus Dante by using eva paddinds. I'm just having a hard time getting the shirt sleeves to show out of the coat when the coat is on. It gets bunched up and stuck on the upper arms.

Back