Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Asmus would at least comment on the possibility of selling both heads without having to buy the body twice. A simple "not gonna happen" or "we're thinking about it" or anything--we know Asmus reads every comment, so I'd love to know what they're thinking to better plan purchase(s) for Boromir.

I think part of the issue is some collectors would rather not pay for the price increase for getting the second head. If adding the second head added $30-$40 to the figure cost it might deter buyers. Also by offering it as two separate and complete figures some people might buy both. Remember they are in it to make a profit. Also since they already put it up for preorder at a certain price there would be backlash if they either changed the price or offered a deluxe version with both headsculpts.

We will sell the head individually.

We cannot post it yet, because it is hard to price it at this stage,
but we will run a small batch on our web store,
so don't buy TWO if you only want another head.

Wow. That is extremely collector friendly. Will you be offering it after the figures are in our hands? That way if we bought one and then decide the other sculpt is more to our liking we can order it then instead of having to order it without knowing which one we like best?

Nice Asmus, I just ordered the rooted version minutes ago. I think that one looks a little better than the sculpted one. I will pick up the sculpted version if the price is good. :clap

Asmus Toys uploaded some extra pictures of the sculpted version and the tailoring/accessories:

Boromir 01.jpg

Boromir 02.jpg

Boromir 03.jpg

Boromir 02.jpg

Boromir 05.jpg

Boromir 06.jpg

Boromir 07.jpg

Lots of talk about the headsculpt, but man does that cloak look good. It's "the" piece that was missing from my Sideshow figure.

Tailoring looks spectacular, like always.

Boromir 07.jpg

We will sell the head individually.

We cannot post it yet, because it is hard to price it at this stage,
but we will run a small batch on our web store,
so don't buy TWO if you only want another head.

Great news!

:yess:

I will definitely be getting both heads!

Will the figure be going up for sale through Sideshow?

Wow. That is extremely collector friendly. Will you be offering it after the figures are in our hands? That way if we bought one and then decide the other sculpt is more to our liking we can order it then instead of having to order it without knowing which one we like best?

We will properly prepare 200 pc of each,
it has to be made with the entire production,
so the order has to be placed to the factory along with the whole batch.

This figure is turning out to be one of Asmus's finest releases yet!

Great news regarding the opportunity to purchase the extra head sculpt. I have the rooted hair sculpt on pre-order but will definitely order the sculpted hair one as well, as it really looks good in those photos posted above.

Thank you, Asmus!

I had ordered the sculpted hair, but really like the option of having both. Wish more companies were this collector-friendly.

Asmus, will there be a head preorder or will they just be put up for purchase when the figure is released ?

Looks nice overall!! Gimli's head sculpt looks great, if a tad too big. Not too sure about the new Hobbit head sculpts though - they look just as weird as the original ones! Either way, I'm glad we'll finally have the whole Fellowship completed!

01.jpg

Back