Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can only the rooted version be ordered from other retailers right now?

Aah, now I'm sent into debate again! I wonder if we'll see him with the other figures at SDCC. I'm leaning towards the sculpted again, but I think rooted will look better next to Aragorn. But then the Hobbits and Legolas had sculpted hair, so he'd go well with them. The indecision is real. :lol

It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. I am satisfied with the final sculpt really.

I just placed an order with Asmus for the rooted hair version.

Love how Asmus has improved with each subsequent figure. Now bring out the new Hobbits!

I got the rooted hair. Might have to play with it a bit in the front though. I don't like the hairline.

BR008F.jpg

I do like the sculpted hair better and now I'm glad I ordered it although it would be nice to have both.

Not gonna lie, I think the sculpted hair might actually look better. As long as the paint color is right, the sculpted hair cuts down on the size of the forehead a little bit, so I think that might be the winner.

Cmon Asmus!!! Give collectors the chance to order one version of the figure, and then buy the other version's head sculpt separately! At least we can then choose which head sculpt we prefer in-hand like with Aragorn!

Hmm... This is tough. I actually don't know which one I'm going to pick up. The sculpted hair headsculpt looks more like Sean Bean but I guess you can style the rooted one so that you get the same effect. That + I have the Aragorn with rooted hair on order. :gah:

Cmon Asmus!!! Give collectors the chance to order one version of the figure, and then buy the other version's head sculpt separately! At least we can then choose which head sculpt we prefer in-hand like with Aragorn!

AMEN BROTHER! Especially since they didn't post the updated sculpts at the same time for us to make an informed decision. I would love to own both.

Would be nice to have both sculpts available in one set...let the fans decide which one to display. I'd love it cause I could use the extra head to replace Three Zero's horrible Ned Stark sculpt. Win win

I'm still wishing the likeness was better though.

Back