Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRH000.jpgSeanbean_boromir.jpg

Looks like the forehead on the sculpt is a little bit, but otherwise, this looks pretty spot on to me. If they can get the hair down over the forehead a bit, they're golden.

Po'ed the sculpted hair on day 1, wish we could get some new pics of that one too.

I'm hyped anyway. He looks great!

The hair should be a lighter colour. Otherwise it's pretty spot on. Does anyone know the edition size for this?

I don't know if it's just the way the hair is sitting, but I'm just not seeing Sean Bean in the sculpt.

Now I'm glad I waited a bit before pre-ordering: I think I like that updated rooted look better than the sculpted, which is what I was originally going to go with. I'm giving myself til the weekend to decide. :lol

Forehead needs little tweaking. Everything else looks good. Can't wait to see the final product.

I know people prefer rooted over sculpted hair, but i'm glad i po'ed the sculpted version. If the hair is too dark, i can always repaint it myself.

19989401_10154556568561968_5113067851123330563_n.jpg
19990405_10154556571406968_3396651249844022082_n.jpg

Damn! That hair sculpt actually looks good! Normally I'm not a fan of the Asmus hair sculpts (Aragorn for example) so I didn't preorder sculpted Borimir as it looked very rough.

Now I'll have to try and pick up a second head sculpt after market.
Or hopefully Asmus will finally answer the question about whether it's possible to offer individual head sculpts for those of us who would like one of each...

I'll wait until SS puts it up. That way I can either build my RPs or use a coupon, whichever is available.

While the likeness is not 100% (Bean seems to be notoriously hard to capture), the biggest issue to me is the face seems a little too wide and the nostrils should be larger. The hair will definitely need to be lightened. I may end up sending out for a full repaint.

Last edited:
Back