Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the rooted works beautifully for Saruman, Gandalf, Thranduil, Grishnahk and Tauriel. I have all of them and when futzed properly, they look terrific. But in my opinion, Boromir's hair is a little too short and styled for rooted hair to be practical. (Yes, I know it's just straight, but he does tuck parts of it behind his ears for a very specific look.) I think it would be hard to get it to lay right at that length. I'm absolutely certain we will see phenomenal re-haired customs done by some of the supremely talented folks on these boards that will put all our figures to shame. But because of the short length and the styling I doubt we'll see Asmus do it in production. Seems too labor intensive at the factory level and something that might not end up looking great after thumping around in a box during shipping.

Personally, I think it would be cool if they could pull off rooted hair that looks great. But if they have a finite amount of resources to spend on this figure, I'd rather they spend it on a great head (and hair) sculpt and his costume (which could look amazing). Just my two cents.

18765933_10154437186831968_2451480865670162983_n.jpg

:panic:

How about two head sculpts??

One "normal" sculpt and one "just been hit by three of Lurtz's arrows" sculpt.

Include three arrows with magnetic tips that attach to his front torso.

Would work with that dio base hinted at above...

The detail on the horn is great! Can't wait for this figure. Especially can't wait to see the outfit. Probably my favorite costume in the entire trilogy.

(Really hoping they include his original fur cloak.)

Dear Asmus,
in case you're waiting for your daily dose of fans proposing crazy stuff to include in your products, here's an idea for Bormir expansion pack/deluxe version (flag and all):
maxresdefault.jpg

:yess:

You can also recycle many parts for a future gondorian soldier armor. :wink1::wink1::wink1:

From fb:
As always, the sword is made in metal !
Not only that, the centre of the shield is also metal.

Oh, there is also a dagger that is metal, and all the buttons and belt buckles are metal.

Don't you just LOVE the mix mediums of the great 1/6th scaled figure world !!

#TheLordoftheRing #Boromir #Gondor
eff788cfb227cb75d64ff6a2f89c0e38.jpg

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Looking great!

I DO love the mixed media elements. In fact, the use of metal is one of my favorite elements of this line.

Can't wait to see the finished figure!

Back