ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wave
Jovl Tang did a great work one more time ! I think it shows that the sculpt is very good and the likeness very strong, at least to my eyes. ;)
I was pleased with the proto so I ordered one deluxe pack and one standard. So I have now one battle damaged Helm's deep Aragorn, one battle damaged Amon Hen, one regular "two towers" version, and I put the ACI head on the ranger version. Very happy with how it turned.
:)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Very cool, Neko!!!

Looks like you re-haired the hobbits and they look fantastic! (Pippin, in particular.)

Could you please post some closer photos of the Hobbits head sculpts?

Hello !
I'm sorry I totally forgot to answer you, my apologies ! Yes the Hobbits are re-haired, Pippin by me and the 3 others by Jovl Tang. I can rehair a figure but I don't have much time to do it and Jovl is way better than me so... ;)
Here are the pics. Sorry for the bad quality, the light of the room is very pleasant in real life but horrible when you want to take pictures. They really don't do the figure justice...

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

Those hairing jobs on those Aragorn sculpts are fantastic. I've tried a few times to hair heads, but I've never been able to get it to my liking. I end up using too much and it ends up too bulky and it's just a mess. Hats off to anyone who can really make it work. I would love to have my ACI Aragorn rehaired like those.

Hello !
I'm sorry I totally forgot to answer you, my apologies ! Yes the Hobbits are re-haired, Pippin by me and the 3 others by Jovl Tang. I can rehair a figure but I don't have much time to do it and Jovl is way better than me so... ;)
Here are the pics. Sorry for the bad quality, the light of the room is very pleasant in real life but horrible when you want to take pictures. They really don't do the figure justice...

Thank you, Neko! The Hobbits and the Aragorns look fantastic.

As someone who doesn't own an Aragon, and doesn't currently have the accessible space for the diaplay base, how much does the clean sculpt influence the need to get the deluxe over the regular?

As someone who doesn't own an Aragon, and doesn't currently have the accessible space for the diaplay base, how much does the clean sculpt influence the need to get the deluxe over the regular?

I would say it will depend on your personal preferences. The standard head is just as good in my opinion but the eyes are looking off to the side and he has some slight battle damage. It’s not a lot of battle damage and I have mine displayed with it because the clean head is on my ranger version. If you don’t have the space I would say go with the regular. If you get the deluxe it sounds like you will be storing everything you paid extra for except maybe the extra head sculpt. Now if you have Aragorn 1.0 you might want to spring for the deluxe and just try to sell the base.

I would say it will depend on your personal preferences. The standard head is just as good in my opinion but the eyes are looking off to the side and he has some slight battle damage. It?s not a lot of battle damage and I have mine displayed with it because the clean head is on my ranger version. If you don?t have the space I would say go with the regular. If you get the deluxe it sounds like you will be storing everything you paid extra for except maybe the extra head sculpt. Now if you have Aragorn 1.0 you might want to spring for the deluxe and just try to sell the base.
Well I waited too long and missed the boat from Asmus direct. So with that being said, I don't feel like the spare sculpt and base are worth the Sideshow premium, given I don't have a Strider to put the clean head on. A bit regretful, but at this point I'd rather have that $150 difference put towards a Strider if they ever revisit that look.

Saw the last one in stock and decided to wait until the morning to order it and it was gone, rip.

Back