ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying it's bad, but - is this some kind downgrade? (IMO)
I would love to buy this old version. A long time now, I'm trying to find this old version... no luck yet.
asmus-aragorn-helms-deep-005.jpg

I think if the cheeks and the brow bone from the old one were implemented onto the new one it would look perfect. On the other hand, i also think the new one should have rooted hair but it still looks great!

So the revisited head will be for the standard edition
What about the deluxe version ?
They are using the same body as the other two Aragorn figures so the new head will fit on the old figures.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The face sculpt looks good, just not crazy about the molded hair. I'm fortunate to have SLIM Aragorn, but if I didn't I'd be getting this one if I needed Aragorn to complete the collection. I wonder if this will eventually be modded by some artists with rooted hair, and folks can pay to have that done. Probably still less expensive to do that than finding a SLIM Aragorn these days.

You’ve always got the option of paying someone to root a sculpt for you. You’ve just got to also have a ton of spare cash lying around.

They are using the same body as the other two Aragorn figures so the new head will fit on the old figures.

Actually they will be using a new body for this Aragorn that they developed recently (and is being used for their DMC 5 Dante). But I think the neck peg will be the same and so the new sculpts will still function for the old ones.

Delay notice from SSC on my PO to November.

Actually I have had several POs delay to November.:drink

Here is a look at the production sample.
05d605256c5c3b8cbd0b82503e1d1f37.jpg

The head sculpt is possibly their best rendition of Aragorn yet. Not sure of the mouth, though. But hard to tell in that pic.

Not a fan of how the chainmail looks there.

I'm still on the fence about the sculpt. Gonna need to see it from different angles in clear lighting before I pull the trigger but I don't think it's as bad as everyone was making out a couple of months ago.

Let's see those production pictures!

Back