Asmus Toys : 1/6th Theoden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived direct from Asmus. A good day since I also received my Hot Toys Stormtrooper. I didn’t open them to look at the figures but right off the bat I can compare the boxes: Asmus, your box is like one of those Bandai Gundam model kit boxes. Thin paper and flimsy. All four corners have some wrinkle damage from downward pressure onto the box. The Hot Toys shipping box is pretty roughed up but the figure box is almost perfect and it did not ship in a shipper. I see Asmus put effort into the box design so it’s a waste when it’s not packed well and the box gets damaged. Just a quick rant/feedback.

Forum won't let me post photos from cellphone at the moment. I have him holding his helmet with one hand and resting on the sword hilt for the other. I have the shield at his feet. I don't like displaying accessories loose with my figures but this shield is just too amazing to put back in the box. I really hope we get his horse as I can't really kit bash one due to the detailed armor it had in the movie. I was going to have him wear his helmet to hide the hair separation gap but I really like the face sculpt and the helmet doesn't fit that well.

Pros:
Armor and accessories are super detailed. Really like the shield
Face sculpt looks great.

Room for improvement (apart from the hair separation gap as that has been mentioned many times):
Ankle joins a little loose (maybe just mine).
Hair sculpt - lacks details, looks like scrambled eggs.
Armor and helmet extremely detailed but soft plastics were used. I don't know how well they will age as pointed out above, the helmet doesn't fit that well so I'm not sure if it's slightly warped already. The bit covering his noise is bent when it's on. Not close to HT level yet if you refer to Gladiator Hulk's helmet and hair swap.
Better box (honestly it's almost cereal box paper) and shipping protection. I bought direct from Asmus to support the manufacturer but if they are going to do shipping themselves, they need to protect the package better. I'm worried about my Gandalf as it is a very expensive figure and no doubt the packaging box will look amazing.

Conclusion:
Better hair sculpt and two separate heads will put this figure into perfection.

This bothers me more than the separation issue. No way to solve it.

I had thought I'd just have him with helmet on, all battled up, but the nose issue and fit have me concerned now.

Holding for more pictures.

Same. Love the look of the armor and the face sculpt but that hair is all kinds of messed up and not sure I like the nose guard area enough to commit $200 and shelf space. I do want him but I'm going to hold out for a while.

Got mine today. I actually much prefer the haired look even if there is that seem- however it’s not nearly as noticeable from a normal viewing distance as it is in photos with the camera shoved in his face. Arms struggle to raise due to the armour and it almost seems like his right leg is longer than the left but, overall, everything on this figure is beautiful. Lots of very soft plastic which seems to be the direction Asmus is headed so the shield is slightly warped and the helmet will need a hairdryer taken to it as well to achieved the desired fit. He now joins his kin on the shelf and I’ve put him on the ACI Nazghul base because it passes for a convincing Helms Deep floor.
A5CEF8EA-6A03-49C4-8CFB-F1B384BF2568.jpg
4A3BEAF3-7D68-4BEE-97DE-4A4287DF6DC6.jpeg
CA95FF2D-6832-48EF-AF46-6F49FF2E60DD.jpeg

Got mine today. I actually much prefer the haired look even if there is that seem- however it?s not nearly as noticeable from a normal viewing distance as it is in photos with the camera shoved in his face. Arms struggle to raise due to the armour and it almost seems like his right leg is longer than the left but, overall, everything on this figure is beautiful. Lots of very soft plastic which seems to be the direction Asmus is headed so the shield is slightly warped and the helmet will need a hairdryer taken to it as well to achieved the desired fit. He now joins his kin on the shelf and I?ve put him on the ACI Nazghul base because it passes for a convincing Helms Deep floor.
View attachment 465359
View attachment 465362
View attachment 465361

I was hoping that the helmet would be metal! That would have been even more awesome.

Nice pics Chopper Face! :clap He looks great. I still plan on displaying mine un-helmeted (regardless of that hair seam) when he arrives next week. :yess:

I LOVE mine. And I have him unhelmeted, too. I don't notice the hair seam at all at a reasonable viewing distance. Even if you lean in closer, you can see it, but it's quite subtle. I think they nailed this figure. He might be in my top five for the line.

Mine arrived today! :yess: I don't think the hair seam is too bad at all. A fantastic looking figure - great job Asmus! :rock

Never picked up on this, but Bernard Hill is left-handed. Asmus have the scabbard on the correct side. Now thats attention to detail. Its funny though, only by putting on his swords belt did i even realise !!
Watch the scene just after Gandalf frees him if your curious to see.

got the chance to open him and here are somethings. The two magnets in his head and hair came off, not really a big deal.

The instructions for belt was kind of confusing as i thought it was suppose to hang left side like the other characters but its on the right.

I actually like how they put foam in the helmet so that it doesn't bend like the previous helmets

got the chance to open him and here are somethings. The two magnets in his head and hair came off, not really a big deal.

The instructions for belt was kind of confusing as i thought it was suppose to hang left side like the other characters but its on the right.

I actually like how they put foam in the helmet so that it doesn't bend like the previous helmets

The scabbard is correct as he is left-handed, i also appreciated the foam this time round, Eomers helm was a bit distorted on my one.

Back